Rejection: How to deal with it.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
I've been rejected, well, kind of.
I've been ignored completely. She's the only girl I wanted to be with, and what's worse is I still have feelings for her. I wish my feelings for her were gone but I can't make them go away instantly.
A part of me is still clinging to the dream that one day some where, some how we'll meet some where.
I almost wish I've never seen her. I feel like a creep because I think about her almost everyday(Ok, I admit it, I think of her everyday)
Have you ever been faced with a similar situation?
Yup, I feel this way and she never even said a word(or a message) to me. See how powerful silence can be?
:Rant over:

Just a question- did she ignore you after you approached her or has she always done so?

Idol Minos said:
I've been rejected, well, kind of.
I've been ignored completely. She's the only girl I wanted to be with, and what's worse is I still have feelings for her. I wish my feelings for her were gone but I can't make them go away instantly.
A part of me is still clinging to the dream that one day some where, some how we'll meet some where.
I almost wish I've never seen her. I feel like a creep because I think about her almost everyday(Ok, I admit it, I think of her everyday)
Have you ever been faced with a similar situation?
Yup, I feel this way and she never even said a word(or a message) to me. See how powerful silence can be?
:Rant over:

I have been there many times. It takes time. Once somebody else captures your eye, you forget about the original girl.

Don't ever say 'there is only one girl for me' - it's nonsense really. All women have good and bad things about them. Nobody is that special.

I've been rejected so much I just don't even try anymore. It's easier to not try and then deal with the heartbreak when you get rejected.

I hope this doesn't sound too flip but a friend once told me that the best way to get over a man is to get a new man.

Full disclosure: I discounted that advice when I realized men aren't the solution to my loneliness issues :)

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
I hope this doesn't sound too flip but a friend once told me that the best way to get over a man is to get a new man.

Full disclosure: I discounted that advice when I realized men aren't the solution to my loneliness issues :)

-Teresa

I though it was "the best way to get over a man/woman is to get under another one"

:)

How do you deal with rejection? People face it and deal with it in many ways and I can't say which is better than the other.

But in my case I am an expert at it and I have realized in the past few days that it is killing me. It is hard to keep this sadness in all the time.

I would like to give the right answer here but I can't. I am sure it is always best to brush off rejections and keep going. I can't anymore.

I you never spoke, then you can't possibly know her. Sounds like you're infatuated with an idealized fantasy, no a real person.

Interacting with and getting to know other people would be the best way to get past it.

From what you mentioned to me, there may have been a misunderstanding. You could try again, but if it still doesn't work out, then you're right to move on. Don't worry, either way there will be someone out there for you. Good luck! :)

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I am truly infatuated with her. We were just kids when we last spoke together. Thanks Aisha for replying to my pm. I just have no clue what to say to her now.

I have been rejected so many times I forgot count. At first it hurts to the core of your being to be dismissed, but after x amount of time you begin to desensitize from it and after that, if you're a fighter like me then you just don't care anymore and tiredly you still try but only to hear or see the rejection, no matter how bad you come across.
I think I must be the least desirable man on earth, even though I'll never see it that myself.

Latest posts

Back