No chance in online dating agency

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawx79

Reaction score
So I signed up for this Czech and Slovakian dating agency where women really want to meet a husband(I also live in Europe). I am 36 years of age, dated once but never had a girlfriend and getting very desperate at this point.
I paid for 1 month subscription and made a profile and put a couple of my best pictures, then the agency calls me and claims they really want to help me in finding someone and I should re write my profile and sent them more pictures of me where they would choose and put in the pictures these women would find most attractive according to the lady of the agency. But I've already put in my best pictures!
So I did sent 8 more and woosh...! Total silence from the agency, no response and no uploading my own pictures anymore! I guess she must have thought I'm a hopeless case.
I also mailed more then 60 women of my interest but no response.
Just another confirmation that Ill be alone forever because I'm hideous to women.

Hawx79 said:
So I signed up for this Czech and Slovakian dating agency where women really want to meet a husband(I also live in Europe). I am 36 years of age, never dated and never had a girlfriend and getting very desperate at this point.
I paid for 1 month subscription and made a profile and put a couple of my best pictures, then the agency calls me and claims they really want to help me in finding someone and I should re write my profile and sent them more pictures of me where they would choose and put in the pictures these women would find most attractive according to the lady of the agency. But I've already put in my best pictures!
So I did sent 8 more and woosh...! Total silence from the agency, no response and no uploading my own pictures anymore! I guess she must have thought I'm a hopeless case.
I also mailed more then 60 women of my interest but no response.
I guess its money down the drain and another confirmation that Ill be alone forever because I'm hideous to women.

At least you have learned the hard way. You have lost some money but hopefully you won't make the mistake again. Stay clear of any overseas online dating.

I would suggest a singles club, speed dating, other clubs or societies, places where you have the opportunity to meet women who have similar interests. Don't think you are hideous. If you look your best, smile and have a positive attitude then you at least increasing your chances.

Good Luck !

it rather sounds like some kind of scam, nothing to do with your personal appeal
but yeah, I see that in Czech Republic there is a ridiculous abundance of beautiful and very feminine (aka "good housewife" style) girls, you should come here directly :D
Men on the other hand don't strike me as generally very attractive - low competition!

Triple Bogey said:
At least you have learned the hard way. You have lost some money but hopefully you won't make the mistake again. Stay clear of any overseas online dating.
Good Luck !

I doubt it will be my last time as I really want to find myself to be with.
I'll keep trying and heart aching and keep complaining it on these forums. But it hurts so bad each time when I get side lineded and no woman wants me.

Peaches said:
you should come here directly :D

You are from Czech republic?

Hawx79 said:
Triple Bogey said:
Good Luck !

I doubt it will be my last time as I really want to find myself to be with.
I'll keep trying and heart aching and keep complaining it on these forums. But it hurts so bad each time when I get side lineded and no woman wants me.

Well if you want to go down that route, do some internet research and find a decent company that does that sort of thing. I see lots of older British guys with Asian looking women and I always think 'mail order bride'

Peaches said:
you should come here directly :D

You are from Czech republic?

So I did finally got email back after sending them another mail why she didn't respond to my sent pictures and the agency claims my email with pictures attached ended up in there spam mail, can this be true?
They also gave me good news as 2 women had showed interest in me thus far. So I hope it is for real this time.
Will be continued...

I was thinking it really sounds like a scam and that's nothing to do with you or your looks and more about them exploiting people.

Like a few others, my first thought was also scam. Kinda sounds like they just wanted to get information from you.

Unfortunately there are people who exploit singletons, get as much information like this and ultimately end up faking their identity. Just make sure you keep all correspondences as evidence should anything happen.

Hawx79 said:
So I did finally got email back after sending them another mail why she didn't respond to my sent pictures and the agency claims my email with pictures attached ended up in there spam mail, can this be true?
They also gave me good news as 2 women had showed interest in me thus far. So I hope it is for real this time.
Will be continued...

Good luck, sounds promising.
Be careful though about sending more money if they ask for it.
Keep us informed !

Hawx79 said:

Yes, of course that could be true. Happens all the time. I get email at work in my "junk" email box even from people I work with in my office with so I always check that box too.
I hope you have some luck with the dating agency. I agree with the other commenters who mentioned watching your money. If they say you need to pay up before you can see messages from women, be wary. Or say you're going to try another dating agency instead and maybe they'll drop their price - everything is negotiable.

Or you could meet Peaches if she lives in the same neck of the woods that your looking for a woman :) :) :)

-Teresa

So I managed to get a date with a woman who lives in Prague thanks to this agency and planning to go there in a few weeks to meet her.
However i'm very skeptical, she is a pretty blonde woman, 36 without kids and why she is still single is beyond me! What is even more strange is that i've showed interest in 170 women in total and much less attractive women rejected me, only she wanted to meet me. She may has a deal with the agency. She said she would arrange a accommodation for me and be my guide in the city and she didn't seem impressed (or liked?) that i've visited Prague in the past before.

Hawx79 said:
So I managed to get a date with a woman who lives in Prague thanks to this agency and planning to go there in a few weeks to meet her.
However i'm very skeptical, she is a pretty blonde woman, 36 without kids and why she is still single is beyond me! What is even more strange is that i've showed interest in 170 women in total and much less attractive women rejected me, only she wanted to meet me. She may has a deal with the agency. She said she would arrange a accommodation for me and be my guide in the city and she didn't seem impressed (or liked?) that i've visited Prague in the past before.

You've got to ask yourself is it worth it ?
All the money, travelling, hassle.
But if you want to do this don't worry about things like how pretty she is or why she is single. She may be genuine and a nice person. Don't write it off before you get to see her !

This morning she send me a sms requesting money for her sick epileptic 12 year old Labrador dog in exchange for free accommodation in a private apartment in a village close to Prague. She also claims her wallet was stolen in the train as "there were many black people in it" were her words. She also said she has no PC at home and is unemployment at the moment.
I called her right back and said I didn't know her that well to send any money and asked for her understanding. She completely understood and wants me now to come and speak face to face with her.
I don't know what to make of all this and I feel my spider senses going all red! Yet im so desperate and willing to take risks.
So im still planning to go but it would be kamikaze date!

Hawx79 said:
This morning she send me a sms requesting money for her sick epileptic 12 year old Labrador dog in exchange for free accommodation in a private apartment in a village close to Prague. She also claims her wallet was stolen in the train as "there were many black people in it" were her words. She also said she has no PC at home and is unemployment at the moment.
I called her right back and said I didn't know her that well to send any money and asked for her understanding. She completely understood and wants me now to come and speak face to face with her.
I don't know what to make of all this and I feel my spider senses going all red! Yet im so desperate and willing to take risks.
So im still planning to go but it would be kamikaze date!

PLEASE, PLEASE WALK AWAY FROM THIS NOW !
IT'S A SCAM. ASKING FOR MONEY IS A SURE SIGN !

Those foreign datings sites are hit or miss, and even if you did find someone on one doesn't mean they aren't marrying you to get a green card and then skip out once they get it.

No updates from the OP today which is worrying.

Three years ago I was in a similar situation. I had exchanged 85 emails with this Russian woman who claimed she love me and
wanted to come and visit. Problem was she didn't have the money. Could I pay for it £850 ?
I didn't want to of course but as weeks went by the 'What if ?' came into it. What if she was genuine ?
What if she really did like me ?

So I sent her the money (which was a major pain in the arse to do) and I never expected to hear from her again.
But she carried on writing and I thought it was for real. She travelled to Moscow by train and told me where she was staying and what flight she was on.
Could I meet her in London with a bunch of flowers ?
I don't drive but after several phone calls my brother agreed to help me out. Drive me to the airport and back to Derby.
I arranged some people to help me at work, do a shift for me while I went to meet her.
At work it was the subject everybody talked about. People were excited and glad for me.
It got to Saturday, she was flying in on Tuesday. So close ..

She sent a email. Problem with her visa. She needed another three grand, some technicality. Could I lend her it and she would pay me it back when she got here ?
I didn't even think about it. I knew it was a scam. She sent several emails, more and more desperate, the last few she threatened to kill herself. I refused to budge.
Her e mails continued until the next day. Could I send £2,000, she had found a grand selling a watch. I said 'no' and I never heard from her again.

It was a harsh lesson, I felt so stupid, it was embarrassing. Daft thing is the woman from the emails probably never existed, some random photo's sent to me
with a fake life. (She was a teacher in some very small Russian village) - the woman phoning me was probably somebody else. I would never do it again, I was so, so stupid. Luckily I had the money and I soon saved it back up again. I'm not saying it's the same situation with the OP but asking for money (it is always some excuse, sick relative etc) is a sign it could be !

I know how the OP feels, it's the chance of a romantic relationship and some female company but the reality is it's too much of a risk and more than likely a scam. After the money for the dog, she will ask for something else.

TB, :( sad to hear those things happen, nothing worse than those scammers who prey on the lonely, lots of years in hell for all of them.

By the way, no, I don't live in Czech Republic, I just spent two months there (left yesterday), but I noted that the average beauty levels are pretty high.

Sick epileptic dog? Now, that's a believable excuse... Hope the OP didn't send any money...

Peaches said:
TB, :( sad to hear those things happen, nothing worse than those scammers who prey on the lonely, lots of years in hell for all of them.

By the way, no, I don't live in Czech Republic, I just spent two months there (left yesterday), but I noted that the average beauty levels are pretty high.

Sick epileptic dog? Now, that's a believable excuse... Hope the OP didn't send any money...

Thanks. I look back in horror about how I acted. I don't know what planet I was on ?

My experience of Eastern European women (which isn't hard because thousands live in my city !) is - yeah pretty and nice looking but zero personality.

Latest posts

Back