Social anxiety - spotlight effect

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason2023

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just made a video on the spotlight effect. I find it's something I often get when I'm alone, in my head I guess.

Any feedback or comments are welcome :)

Thanks for this, JD2002! Actually, my response is first, envy at your tech skills; second curiosity about where the video was done......where in (presumably) England? What's the building in the background? Were those girls in a school uniform?

As to the content......yeah, I get the spotlight effect too but not so much in these last 20 years.....I'm an old guy JD.

And BTW, if you have social anxiety it doesn't show on the video.

Awesome video!

You were very articulate. And if you had practiced, that's great because it was straight to the point. You have great screen presence too, so overall, well done!

Also, the message got through, and I find it helpful. I feel very self conscious going out without at least a little make up on because I feel like people are probably thinking negatively about my appearance, when in reality they probably don't notice me at all :D

constant stranger said:
Thanks for this, JD2002! Actually, my response is first, envy at your tech skills; second curiosity about where the video was done......where in (presumably) England? What's the building in the background? Were those girls in a school uniform?

As to the content......yeah, I get the spotlight effect too but not so much in these last 20 years.....I'm an old guy JD.

And BTW, if you have social anxiety it doesn't show on the video.
Hey there, was st albans cathedral :) Yep - there's a girls school round the corner...

Thank you. Yeah, I had filmed a good handful of other video before this, so it takes practise. Plus baby steps - my first video filmed was in a field by myself! Then a step up from that. It gets easier :)

Veruca said:
Awesome video! !

You were very articulate. And if you had practiced, that's great because it was straight to the point. You have great screen presence too, so overall, well done!

Also, the message got through, and I find it helpful. I feel very self conscious going out without at least a little make up on because I feel like people are probably thinking negatively about my appearance, when in reality they probably don't notice me at all :D
Thanks for the feedback!

Yup. Imagine a world where make-up was not invented, not as much glamourisation in the media in terms of fashion and beauty, in such case do you reckon there would be less pressure on women? i.e. society has artificially inflated standards, raising the bar. Some food for thought... I may do a video on that actually...

ladyforsaken said:
You are so brave. :0
Heh... Everyone has there own relativity of brave :) For me though, next step for me would have to be on a pedstrian street :O

Latest posts

Back