Don't want a girlfriend anymore

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

African_weasel

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I don't even know when I was on here but that's besides that point. These days I don't even want a girlfriend anymore. After all the "you don't need a girlfriend", "just focus on yourself", "you'll get one eventually", I think it finally got to me. I am just not interested in having a short term, long time, polyamorous, or any kind. Now I just see interacting with anybody is too much work and don't feel like having friends even. It all seems like too much work. I don't even think there are any genuine people in the world. Doing so much for people and not getting little to no reciprocation makes it not even worth it. Having a sig. other makes the above more true 2 times more.

PS: I kind of miss you guys too so I kind of wanted to swing by.
PPS: I also think Social Media may have bastardized human interactions

I agree, relationships are only useful once you've completed the "working on yourself" stage in life.

I get the no gf part, but the no friends part? There are genuine people. I kind of lost faith in people too once. but I believe there are.. You just don't really go looking, it just kind of happens.

Man, how can you just "give up" like that?

I don't believe you literally "do not want" a girlfriend. I believe for whatever reason, you have convinced yourself it is not worth the effort.

Sooner or later, once you realize just how penetrating the loneliness/lack of affection becomes, you're going to "want" a girlfriend again. Think of the time you wasted in the meantime.

Never give up.

Batman55 said:

I don't believe you literally "do not want" a girlfriend. I believe for whatever reason, you have convinced yourself it is not worth the effort.

Sooner or later, once you realize just how penetrating the loneliness/lack of affection becomes, you're going to "want" a girlfriend again. Think of the time you wasted in the meantime.

Never give up.

I agree, Batman. Never give up. +1

African_weasel said:
PPS: I also think Social Media may have bastardized human interactions

I'm in full agreement there. We as humans seem to have lost a lot of our ability to interact with people because of social medis. Everyone walks with their head down focusing on their device rather than focusing on the people around them

TheSkaFish said:
Batman55 said:

Never give up.

I say give up or really in other words 'give up on wanting it so badly'.
I think if you should enjoy your life, get out there and meet people, do things then you are improving your chances of meeting someone. Be an happy person that should be the aim and people will be drawn to you !

Triple Bogey said:
TheSkaFish said:
Batman55 said:

Never give up.

I say give up or really in other words 'give up on wanting it so badly'.
I think if you should enjoy your life, get out there and meet people, do things then you are improving your chances of meeting someone. Be an happy person that should be the aim and people will be drawn to you !

+1 over here

Good for you.

I've also gotten to the point where I've realized I've got a hell of a lot of stuff to work on myself over. I wouldn't turn down a girlfriend, if a girl was interested, but I'm not in a place where I would be a good boyfriend.

It's true that you learn new things in every relationship. I've never been in a romantic relationship, but every friendship has taught me something new, and those are relationships. And the point is not to have a girlfriend just to say "this is my girlfriend", but to meet someone who is a friend and who also is romantically interested in you. I haven't met that person yet, but that doesn't mean I never will.

I'm kinda thinking the same, nowadays. Lately, i've understood that you don't need a girlfriend to be happy, "Happiness is Within". Life'll pretty much be the same even if I had a girlfriend. I believe i've gone beyond the "infatuation of wanting a girlfriend".
Stonely said:
I agree, relationships are only useful once you've completed the "working on yourself" stage in life.
Exactly!

SivaGCool said:
I'm kinda thinking the same, nowadays. Lately, i've understood that you don't need a girlfriend to be happy, "Happiness is Within". Life'll pretty much be the same even if I had a girlfriend. I believe i've gone beyond the "infatuation of wanting a girlfriend".

Yes. Yes. Entirely yes.

If I meet someone and I'm not happy with who I am, then I certainly won't be happy with her. I need to learn to be happy by myself before I'll be happy with anyone else (this includes friendships, as well as romantic relationships.)

Life doesn't stop just because you haven't done something that everyone else has done. Many people don't learn how to play the guitar. I play guitar, so does that make me better than them? And just because they've had relationships, does that make them better than me?

Batman55 said:

Never give up.

I don't really mean giving up as in "never trying to get a gf", I'm just not prioritizing it any longer

Working on yourself is the most important work you will do.
Although you may find some incredibly genuine people out there, I work on the basis of giving everyone a chance.

You never know who you might meet :)

No offence, but you wouldn't have created a topic if you didn't care.

I think the best that can be done is to put yourself in situations where women can initiate, then hope for the best. That would mean clubs and other meetups that tend to draw in lonely people.

ardour said:
No offence, but you wouldn't have created a topic if you didn't care.

I think the best that can be done is to put yourself in situations where women can initiate, then hope for the best. That would mean clubs and other meetups that tend to draw in lonely people.

What's the point ?
Some men have little chance.
Why put yourself thru it ?
All the stress and disappointments.
It's much better to give up and concentrate on other stuff.

Triple Bogey said:
What's the point ?

I don't feel comfortable convincing someone his age to give up.

At least it will get him out of the house.

ardour said:
Triple Bogey said:
What's the point ?

I don't feel comfortable convincing someone his age to give up.

At least it will get him out of the house.

I hate to see people unhappy, life is too short.

African_weasel said:
Batman55 said:

Never give up.

I don't really mean giving up as in "never trying to get a gf", I'm just not prioritizing it any longer

It think making it not your main priority is a good idea, concentrating on making your life rounded, but don't shut yourself off from oppurtunities.

Batman55 said:

Never give up.

It's hardly a waste of time if he is working on himself, is it?

As for genuine humans... THAT I get. People who are not out for jjst their use of you are hard to find. In all my almost 22 years, I have found two people that were worth more effort on my part then they put into a relationship with me - that were worth going above and beyond for, though I lost one anyway. The rest disposed of me as their use was gained. That's society now.

Latest posts

Back