Hi'ya!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum! So a big "Hi!" to all you fine people.

The technical details: I'm a 48 year old male currently residing in Washington state. I recently moved out to an island, lost my spouse, and thus find myself alone (except for my fuzzy pup-dog). I work from home and only venture from my abode to restock supplies (shopping) or the occasional sustenance on the go (take out). I actually can't bring myself to sit down at a restaurant and eat alone. It makes me feel too pathetic.

I feel that humans are social creatures. Isolation is not a normal or natural state of being. It's a basic human desire to interact and to be part of something and to be special to someone.

Anyway, that's my somewhat initial salvo!

Hey Nick, welcome to the forum. May you find awesome people to talk to from here.

Welcome to ALL, I hope you find some peace here. I am just north of you in B.C. Are you on one of the San Juan islands in Washington state? Bright Blessings ^.^

Arachne said:
Welcome to ALL, I hope you find some peace here. I am just north of you in B.C. Are you on one of the San Juan islands in Washington state? Bright Blessings ^.^

Hi Arachne, actually yes! I'm on San Juan Island, Friday Harbor.

Welcome. I saw you in the chat room, so I'm sure we'll get a chance to interact in there eventually.

WhatDidYouDoNick said:
Arachne said:

Hi Arachne, actually yes! I'm on San Juan Island, Friday Harbor.

A cool never been there. Have you ever been to Salt Spring Island?

Hey Nick, welcome to the forums and sorry to hear about your loss, but thank you for relating your story as it helps me not feel alone in my times of loneliness and confusion. Hope you enjoy your stay (=.

Hi Nick, welcome! :) and sorry about your loss, it must be very difficult
Why do you live in an island?

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! Sorry for the delay in responding.. just got back from a week long trip visiting family.

@Arachne - No, never been to Salt Spring Island. My passport expired and haven't been into Canada for a few years now. But going to get it renewed ;)

@Peaches - We had moved up here for an adventure... just to live someplace new and nice. Tho now that my wife passed away it seems pretty isolated :/

:( you are very brave
(also for living in a deserted island - oh, wait, is it deserted? you didn't actually say that)

Latest posts

Back