Not one person.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cumulus.james

Reaction score
I got nothing. Nothing at all. Not one person could ever like me. No one ever loved me.

I stay in on my own 24/7. I had cause to go outside yesterday into town. all the people. They are alien to me. I cant even imagine what it is like to have a real conversation with another human.

There is noting about me which would make a single other human interested in me. But it is wrse than that, this extends to my family who are strangers to me and not and have never been the slightest bit interested in me.

TheRealCallie said:
So why don't you just talk to someone, whether it's family or a stranger, and see what happens? Nothing will change if you continue to isolate yourself.

I hate myself. How would I expect that anyone else would like me if I don't like me?

TheRealCallie said:
So why don't you just talk to someone, whether it's family or a stranger, and see what happens? Nothing will change if you continue to isolate yourself.

I have to politely ask you to back off and take a step back.

What if he does talk to someone? Something positive might happen. He might do something out of character like break out in a smile.

Seriously, walk into a store and ask someone where an item is even if you know where the hell it is. Or something like that.

Best of luck.

cumulus.james said:
TheRealCallie said:

I hate myself. How would I expect that anyone else would like me if I don't like me?

Just because you hate yourself doesn't mean everyone else will. Try giving someone the benefit of the doubt and say hello or how are you. That wouldn't cause any harm, would it?
As for your family, when was the last time you spoke to any of them? It really goes both ways. Maybe they don't know how to find you?

cumulus.james said:

This is the first thing you have ever said that I agreed with. I don't have confidence in myself either and I feel the same way. I am not as down as you are but there are times that I am.

James, I am really sorry to hear that your life is still really sad and that you are so isolated.
Could I ask you why you stay in on your own all the time though? Is it because you are so depressed and don't have the energy to go out? Or is it because you feel so sure that no one could ever want to spend any time with you? Or is it a mixture of both of these?
I agree with BeyondShy-try asking where something is in a supermarket, or maybe make a comment about the weather to the check out person.
In the people you passed when you were out yesterday there would have been at least some of them who could have related to you. Not everyone is alien to you or you to them. It can be very hard to find people who accept us as we are, but please don't just give up and think that you never will.

Not all checkout people are friendly though.
Churches usually do coffee mornings.
Or take a walk in the local park early on. When I do this, people sometimes say 'morning'
Lonely people come in my work. I can just tell they want to chat about something.
I always listen and talk back.

cumulus.james said:
TheRealCallie said:

Because, believe it or not, not everybody wants something out of everyone. Okay, you're not liking yourself right about now. I completely understand how that feels. But people aren't all that bad. There are some folks who will talk to you, even if it's just to see how your day is going. You don't have to tell your life story every time. Do baby steps when talking to people.

cumulus.james said:
Not one person could ever like me....

There is noting about me which would make a single other human interested in me...

You can't know that.
If you stay by yourself all day in your home you won't give anyone a chance to know you and to like you. I understand that feeling when you don't go out for long periods of time and then you feel like you really don't belong with that people... But try. It's not easy but you'll get used to it eventualy.

Find some activity that you like, something where you can see results. Like something creative or maybe a gym. Maybe then you'll hate yourself a little less and then you'll maybe give others a chance to know you and to like you.

Man go outside more. Even if it is something as pointless as picking up bread or whatever. Buy less stuff in shorter intervals so you'll go outside more. Staying indoors all day can and will make you feel like crap.

Latest posts

Back