Any Plans for Thanksgiving?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SofiasMami

Reaction score
Any plans for Thanksgiving this year?
I'm having a few friends and family over for dinner. I'm glad to be hosting because I can hide out in the kitchen instead of feeling like I have to socialize with other guests at someone's house :)
Also glad to be with a group this year. I've spent a few Thanksgivings 100% alone and that wasn't pleasant.

What will you be doing?

-Teresa

I first want to wish everyone who is celebrating this holiday a very happy Thanksgiving. And I hope that whomever you spend it with it is enjoyable for you.

I won't be anywhere that day. In fact I don't even know what I am having. I still have time to buy something.

I'm having Thanksgiving dinner at home with the family. We're going to have my Grandma over and all have a cozy day together. Hopefully playing some board games with my brothers. Petting my dog. Mashing potatoes and eating dinner rolls :D

TheSkaFish said:
I'm having Thanksgiving dinner at home with the family. We're going to have my Grandma over and all have a cozy day together. Hopefully playing some board games with my brothers. Petting my dog. Mashing potatoes and eating dinner rolls :D

That sounds perfect. Oh am I envious! :rolleyes:

I hope everyone's holiday will be like this one.

BeyondShy said:
That sounds perfect. Oh am I envious! :rolleyes:

I hope everyone's holiday will be like this one.

Thanks man. I was debating whether to post or not because I didn't want to come off as boastful. But it's what we've always done. It's nice, and I am thankful for it.

TheSkaFish said:
Thanks man. I was debating whether to post or not because I didn't want to come off as boastful. But it's what we've always done. It's nice, and I am thankful for it.

Far from boastful, trust me.

Just myself and the immediate family. Those tend to be the tolerable Thanksgivings. Whenever my family has invited others over, the day barely goes well.

I'll be alone, cat-sitting for someone while they're visiting family out of town.

BeyondShy said:
I first want to wish everyone who is celebrating this holiday a very happy Thanksgiving. And I hope that whomever you spend it with it is enjoyable for you.

I won't be anywhere that day. In fact I don't even know what I am having. I still have time to buy something.

Is there anyone local you may know who may also be alone? Someone from work perhaps or a neighbour and invite them round for a meal?

I will be going out to a restaurant with my parents. I wish I had a significant other to spend it with though. Sucks being 30+ and having only parents to do things with

We usually have a really good Thanksgiving. My relatives will come over and we'll eat, watch the Cowboys play, probably play some Wii and eat, again, till we burst. This year, I'm deep frying the turkey. Still debating if I should do it indoors or out :p

Serenia said:
Is there anyone local you may know who may also be alone? Someone from work perhaps or a neighbour and invite them round for a meal?

No. That's not a bad question, but no.

beautiful loser said:
We usually have a really good Thanksgiving. My relatives will come over and we'll eat, watch the Cowboys play, probably play some Wii and eat, again, till we burst. This year, I'm deep frying the turkey. Still debating if I should do it indoors or out :p

Oh, you are crazy, Chuck :p
For the love of all that is holy, forget deep-frying that bird - just roast it so your house doesn't burn down! :D

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
beautiful loser said:

For the love of all that is holy, forget deep-frying that bird - just roast it so your house doesn't burn down! :D

-Teresa
Are you kidding? Have you ever had deep-fried turkey? You'd never go back to over roasted. If you do it carefully there really isn't any danger. Plus, the patio will be cleared and will do it there...or the family room, while I'm watching the Lions game :p

beautiful loser said:
SofiasMami said:
beautiful loser said:

-Teresa
Are you kidding? Have you ever had deep-fried turkey? You'd never go back to over roasted. If you do it carefully there really isn't any danger. Plus, the patio will be cleared and will do it there...or the family room, while I'm watching the Lions game :p

I've never had it but it sounds tasty! I'll be sure to watch the evening news that day to see if you're featured on it :p
I'm not a huge fan of roasted turkey. It's always dry and taste-less. I have a pre-cooked smoked turkey that I'll be making. And pork shoulder in the slow-cooker. :)

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
beautiful loser said:
SofiasMami said:
beautiful loser said:

-Teresa

I've never had it but it sounds tasty! I'll be sure to watch the evening news that day to see if you're featured on it :p
I'm not a huge fan of roasted turkey. It's always dry and taste-less. I have a pre-cooked smoked turkey that I'll be making. And pork shoulder in the slow-cooker. :)

-Teresa
Watching the news, huh...hardy, har, har :D And yes, oven roasted always seems to be dry and tasteless.

Isn't pork shoulder also called Boston butt? If so, I love that cut. IMO, much tastier than a ham.

Yes, pork shoulder is also called Boston butt ( I think in other parts of the country). It's nice and fatty and tasty. I made it last year too and it was good.

-Teresa

I'll see my family for a bit, but we tend to spend our evenings apart. I need the quiet time lately so I'm not at all disappointed.

I will be alone. No money for thanksgiving dinner or anything like that. I will just watch the nfl games.

#Mylifesucks.

coffeeaddict said:
I will be going out to a restaurant with my parents. I wish I had a significant other to spend it with though. Sucks being 30+ and having only parents to do things with

I'll be having dinner with my 91 yr old mother.....we're having curry for Thanksgiving dinner this time; the only trad dish will be pumpkin pie for dessert. Not much point having the turkey etc with just 2 people....maybe a bit depressing to remember all the other thanksgivings in years past when there was a whole clan. My 2 brothers have their own families and are barely on speaking terms with mom.

I do know someone who might become an SO, but she's going to the next state to be with her extended clan.

So coffeeaddict, except for me cooking dinner, our Thanksgivings are gonna be kind of similar.

Latest posts

Back