Never Ending Loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LonesomeDay

Does anyone else feel that their loneliness will be with them until the end of time?

Since childhood I've had it. It's never gone away, no matter how much I try.

When I've had friends it's always been there (with or without friends), and now without.

I always put it down to a dysfunctional family and a traumatic past, but I look around and I see those who had it equally as hard, but it seems not to have dragged them down into the pit of despair.

I think that maybe no-one wants to know me unless I can let go of it, but it clings to me like a second skin.

There's no way I can be happy and carefree like maybe I once was (a long, long time ago, before all this happened).

Maybe I shouldn't get worked up about it.

Does anyone else feel like this?

LonesomeDay said:
Does anyone else feel that their loneliness will be with them until the end of time?

I feel like that a little but not in the same way. I feel like I will be lonely because as a child I had a loving dad and mom and brother, and now, mom and dad are dead and bother is married and there is no place for me. So there was before and after. Before, I had friends a plenty largely due to circumstances... parent friends and brother friends and of course, before, there was school where it seemed mostly the object was to make friends. Not that I had a lot but there was like a situational few friends.

But even there I was lonely / loner tendency. People didn't "stick" to me and now, that the glue is gone, mom, dad, brother, school... nothing sticks to me. So I know, it probably will be that way until the day I did. I feel a little like I have even lost my ability to make friends. Like I don't even know what to say anymore.

LonelySutton said:
[...] I feel a little like I have even lost my ability to make friends. Like I don't even know what to say anymore.

Yeah, me too, it's been a long time.

You heard about law of attrction ? If constanly repeat an ideea and believe it and feel it the its your reality .The problem its gide in your subconstient mind if you had a sadness childhood .In my opinion change your thoughts and sayd i am hapy people loves me i am fiiling wit love etc .Change your thoughts and your paradigms read abou it

OP-I feel the same way and worry, too, that my loneliness will be with me till the end of time. Whatever I do to try to overcome it, it is always there, a void at the centre of my life. I can be chatting to someone and laughing, but inside I feel so alone and so empty.

Tiina63 said:
OP-I feel the same way and worry, too, that my loneliness will be with me till the end of time. Whatever I do to try to overcome it, it is always there, a void at the centre of my life. I can be chatting to someone and laughing, but inside I feel so alone and so empty.

I feel exactly the same

handheart said:
[...] In my opinion change your thoughts and sayd i am hapy people loves me i am fiiling wit love etc . [...]

I'll certainly try this approach handheart.

Tiina63 said:
[...] I can be chatting to someone and laughing, but inside I feel so alone and so empty. [...]

Yes, that sums it up for me too.

Possibly. I have a friend who goes through the same things and I think a lot about the differences in our attitudes, where one of is is struggling but the other is doing well. One thing he said that I don't fully agree with sticks with me, which is that happiness is not the absence of pain.

Overall there's always good and bad things going on.

In order to get different results, to have to start acting in a different way.
Never ending loneliness means that you are doing exactly what you've been doing before.

I felt better when I got a full time job for the first time.
Job security, money, less spare time, knew more people.
I felt better and not so lonely.

Tealeaf said:
... happiness is not the absence of pain ...

Yes, I think that's quite a balanced way of looking at things.

Paraiyar said:
... There is a void in me that I fear will never be filled.

Exactly, and I think it's possibly an existential experience (which is why it persists even in company). One is in a sense always alone as an individual.

AlexChristy said:
...Never ending loneliness means that you are doing exactly what you've been doing before.

Could you please expand on that, as I'm not sure what you mean by "doing exactly what you've been doing before"?

Triple Bogey said:
I felt better when I got a full time job for the first time.
Job security, money, less spare time, knew more people.
I felt better and not so lonely.

That's great news! I hope the good feelings continue :)

I know that I don't have time to feel lonely when I'm keeping busy and/or doing something I enjoy.

Wow when i see that you have a traumatic child i see your problem .The problem its in your subconstient mind and its not easy to fix it but if you change the thoughts you will succed.What i suggest you its to thinks as positively as you can to change your feelings and to have patient .Read power of autosugestion ,law of atrction ,subconstient mind etc

Well if you continue to think that you will be lonely you will be .Just imagine that you are happy and loved .Change your thougts this its the solution

Latest posts

Back