Heya!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Siku

Hello everyone! Name's Mark. I'm 31 years of age and I currently reside in Brooklyn, New York (born and raised). I'm an introvert with geek-like tendencies, gamer, and Whovian. I work full-time during the overnight hours and I'm an old school web designer (hobby nowadays). Don't let those interests fool you, I can be serious when the need arises.

With being an introvert and an overnight worker alone... I lead a very secluded life. Which at times I very much like given my nature lol. However, with being human and all, there are those darn pesky social needs that often surface.

I very much consider myself to have social anxiety and self-esteem issues. Basically, I'm an anxious person in general with hermit-like tendencies. I can be very social in-person when approached with open minded conversation. Keywords are "open minded". :p I will gauge (don't confuse with judge) a person and need to feel comfortable with them before I begin to act like myself. Otherwise, I will become distant with you.

I'm generally more of the listener type but once I get comfortable I might potentially/text talk your ear off (as I'm embarrasingly doing right now lol GETTING IT ALL OUT THERE :p ). I do have a few close friends irl but given my age, they are all married and busy with their adult lives. Most importantly, I always hate being a bother to anyone and often find myself thinking of the other person's feelings more than my own. All these things combined is a classic recipe for loneliness. That being said, As of late I only socialize with co-workers.

I've tried many different outlets of appeasing to my social needs and odd hours of free-time, most of which were online with MMOs and each time I've either been let down, lied too/catfished, taken for granted, too naive, or expecting too much mutuality. Sadly, I just find it even harder to get close to people these days as I've bonded and poored myself out to people to only then be disappointed.

In a nutshell, I'm a broken mess who often pushes people away. I'm a creator of my own private hell essentially lol.

Perhaps this will be the place I finally feel I can belong and find like-minded individuals, to finally be understood rather than misunderstood. And HOPEFULLY I'll finally find that this is place that I stay or find long term friends that I don't feel the need to disappear on. Who knows? :p

Regardless, I very much look forward to potentially meeting new and interesting people here. :)

I apologize for the longevity of my introduction lol. I selfishly figured I'd lay it all out there from the jump. Heh. I greatly appreciate those who have made it this far! xD

Hey, tell me what games you play, maybe we can find a game to play together.
A few years back i managed to put a group of players to play EE2 and borderlands. Will be glad if i manage to pull it out again

Awesome. I'm a well rounded gamer and I jump around. Currently I play Black Desert Online and some Xbox One. I do have plenty of Steam games though. It'd probably be easiest for me to adjust around the group rather then the other way around. I do have Borderlands 1 on steam. I have 2 and Pre-Sequel on 360/Xbox One. My steam ID is sikuflores if you want to add me and look at my list of games.

Siku said:
Awesome. I'm a well rounded gamer and I jump around. Currently I play Black Desert Online and some Xbox One. I do have plenty of Steam games though. It'd probably be easiest for me to adjust around the group rather then the other way around. I do have Borderlands 1 on steam. I have 2 and Pre-Sequel on 360/Xbox One. My steam ID is sikuflores if you want to add me and look at my list of games.

yap nice games, but i dont really use steam... hey what about minecraft? or some other game?

Welcome to the forum! It seems you have some problems in life (I'm pretty sure all of us are here, because we still need some kind of improvement, or want to reach something we still lack), but I really hope that this community will help you find the answers you're looking for. :)

Nicholas said:
yap nice games, but i dont really use steam... hey what about minecraft? or some other game?

I have Minecraft, Vindictus, Black Desert Online and Mass Effect 3 (Origin). Aside from that, all steam and xbox one games.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. :D

@gluguy, Thanks, I really appreciate that. Most certainly hope so, Very same goes for you as well. :)

Siku said:
Nicholas said:

I have Minecraft, Vindictus, Black Desert Online and Mass Effect 3 (Origin). Aside from that, all steam and xbox one games.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. :D

@gluguy, Thanks, I really appreciate that. Most certainly hope so, Very same goes for you as well. :)

i can open a minecraft server, i think...

Hey Mark! Nice to see your new post. I suppose we've met on chat, but hey, welcome to the forum too. :D

ladyforsaken said:
Hey Mark! Nice to see your new post. I suppose we've met on chat, but hey, welcome to the forum too. :D
Danke. Enjoyed the convo this morning, made the long commute feel much shorter. :)

#TEAMCUSTOMERSERVICE
Customer-Service-Meme.jpg

Siku said:
ladyforsaken said:
Danke. Enjoyed the convo this morning, made the long commute feel much shorter. :)

#TEAMCUSTOMERSERVICE
Customer-Service-Meme.jpg

Hahaha #teamcustomerservice.

Yeah, I come on chat when I try to pass time if I'm falling asleep on the train rides or just don't feel like reading.

Anyway, was a pleasure! See you around the forum/chat. :D

Latest posts

Back