I don't understand people anymore

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonely_unicorn

Reaction score
When you get hurt you change, i get it. You push people away and you are afraid to get close to them. And it's okay. I know.
But it's not okay to play with others feelings because you feel empty.
Why would you want me to feel the pain that you felt?
You knew that i loved you so why you played me like that Just because someone hurted you?
It's like, you know, when you want the best for someone and the only thing they do is to make you their doll. And that's not okay.
Why you hurt people? It makes you feel better about yourself?
Or do you think it"s okay to do this because someone else did it to you?
I don't get it. I honestly don't understand. Why people do that?

lonely_unicorn said:
When you get hurt you change, i get it. You push people away and you are afraid to get close to them. And it's okay. I know.

I have always thought that people kind of feel like if they had to feel the pain, others should too. Like it makes no sense if Doctors were forced to stay up 72 hours at a time when they were learning -- they would impose that on people when they get to be in charge. But they do. With this kind of subborn attitude like, I could do it, they need to learn to toughen up.

LonelySutton said:
lonely_unicorn said:

I have always thought that people kind of feel like if they had to feel the pain, others should too. Like it makes no sense if Doctors were forced to stay up 72 hours at a time when they were learning -- they would impose that on people when they get to be in charge. But they do. With this kind of subborn attitude like, I could do it, they need to learn to toughen up.

Yeah, I guess so. But it's not okay. It's like you got hurt by someone and then you start hurting everyone who likes you bc you are afraid that they are going to hurt you. So you play with others feelings bc you want to protect yourself. And at the end you end up hurting the person that loved you more than anything.

Sometimes people do that without even realising it, unfortunately. When they are in pain, they don't care how it affects the others around them... and just act on what makes them feel better in any way possible. It's why they always say, don't say anything or take action when you're hurting or angry. It tends to do more harm than good.

Sorry you had to go through that. :(

Sometimes it's because people think no one understands how much pain they are going through, therefore they cause the same pain to others so that they can feel they aren't alone in feeling it. People like to read books or watch movies they can relate to because they like to be understood. Without a sense of being understood, intentionally or unintentionally they behave in a way that can cause similar pain they have felt. As you said, it's not okay they hurt others.

I don't understand why one would play with others' feelings in order to protect oneself. I understand if someone is reserved, hard to open up and takes great measures in advance when talking to and spending time with others for protecting himself/herself, but why should he/she take it further and hurt others for the same reason.

I just want to tell you it will all be better...but I dont know anymore...you make many valid points..Just want you to be able to feel better and not have people do that to you

Everyone wants everyone else to fail. People want others to suffer if they themselves have suffered. People would rather give to those above them than those below.

This is what our society has become.

Latest posts

Back