waking up to loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blumar

Reaction score
Last night I was on the phone talking to a friend (I really only have two), who told me that we wouldn't be able to get together for lunch, dinner, what have you until after summer. We've been friends for about 20 years, so I expect this every summer. It's just is hitting me really hard this year since I feel my other friend, who I've also known for about 20 years, is starting to become distant. I don't take it personally; I just feel we're heading in different directions. So, that pretty much leaves me without someone to go out with and a bit more friend-less. I have "friends" at work but I can't confide in them since I'm a supervisor and it's just not appropriate. The most that happens after work is happy hour or them telling me what's been going on in their lives.

So, this morning I woke up to silence in my house and a deep heartache.

Hi there,
I can relate. It's the same for me - I have some distant friends from the past who become more and more distant every year. I get along well with people from work but somehow it's still work and crossing the line over to real friendship doesn't really work out.

I just wanted to reply and say hi and that I read your post :)
Take care.

Theta165 said:
Hi there,
I can relate. It's the same for me - I have some distant friends from the past who become more and more distant every year. I get along well with people from work but somehow it's still work and crossing the line over to real friendship doesn't really work out.

I just wanted to reply and say hi and that I read your post :)
Take care.

Hi Blumar-I'm just wondering why the first friend you mentioned can't see you over the summer. Does s/he go away for most of summer or is s/he busy with other things? Either way, it is hard for you. Are there any events you could go to over the summer where you could maybe meet other potential friends?

know how you feel.

known my friend for nearly 20 years and we've hardly met over the last three years. there was a time i didn't see her for over a year and a half.

stuck in being around those whom i consider deceptive, harmful, incompatible, or uncaring then doubting myself all the while being detached from it all

Well world its to complicated today and to friends its to less ,you must find another ones also i dont say to change this ones but to make another ones also being dependent on only 2 friends you live on a dangerous field

Latest posts

Back