Any Hobbies?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blumar

Reaction score
Hi. So right now I'm learning to play guitar and I was wondering what hobbies you guys might have?

This year, I had my first veggie garden. I think that qualifies as a hobby? I gave it a lot of love and attention, and got some yummy food back.

I tinker with an old motorcycle, too.

I'm just starting out doing some woodworking, but the spirit of it hasn't yet taken me up yet.

Reading in Finnish, Star Trek, cooking, and watching DVDs and reading about North Korea.

Roleplaying games, computer games, board games, reading, riding my bike, going for walks are my hobbies right now. I want to write a story, learn guitar, learn songwriting, and learn to draw too. But when I'm feeling down, I don't feel like doing much of anything.

playing PS4 & PC games mostly RPG,shooters,adventure,strategy
anime
tv/movies (currently binge watching stuff on netflix)
cats
bike riding

I like picking things up and putting them down again. I refer to it that way because I'm not lifting heavy enough weights to be powerlifting and my primary aim is not hypertrophy, so it's not bodybuilding either.

I also like most other things relating to fitness: running, pull ups, press ups etc.

Other than that: hiking, photography, crosswords, logic puzzles, video games, building/fixing computers, and shopping - yes, it's a hobby!

Oh, and I'm attempting to learn German. It's not particularly difficult, but I keep missing weeks and then forgetting the things I already learned! I must try harder.

inventing stuff, and building stuff. Every time I see something cool I automatically say "I wonder if I could do that". I can't seem to stop myself. I'm trying to stick to one or two things at a time, but it gets away from me.

I am obsessed with making cool things out of non cool things. Ikea hacks and so on. I purchased a condo with a basement and I am raring to go painting old furniture and doing things down there and using like old Ikea furniture for things.

blumar said:
Hi. So right now I'm learning to play guitar and I was wondering what hobbies you guys might have?

I play bass :-D

You'll find some other musicians hither and dither on here. Welcome aboard!

I read a bit.
Do crafts occasionally, sometimes draw.
A bit of retro gaming on the rare occasion.
I spend most of my time either with my strings, or with my books however.
I also like walking, and being in natural areas like woods, by the beach, and so on.

Occasionally, I'll go digging around for local history and local myth. Just, because I'm from a small town. So, it's nice to go out and explore things.
When you get REALLY bored, going on an adventure is quite entertaining.

guitar
piano or keyboard. Usually keyboard. i get more sound options there.
i'm learning to sing and play the recorder.
digital art of different types.
i make videos of different types also.
i sold my bass guitar years ago like an idiot.

Nothing fancy... Listening music, reading books, watching movies or Asian tv drama online, day dreaming, sleeping (lol), walking in the nature sometimes. In the future I want to learn new languages, travel a lot, learn digital art, maybe start dance classes again etc. when health is in better condition.

Waling in nature is great. You should be reminded of the world you live in, today's age, too many people spend over 50% their lives indoors, don't think it was like that in the beginning.

I train in free-running, love to flip around and crap. Trying to learn a front flip currently, but apart from that, breakdancing is another passion. Wish they'd play old sckool b-boy tracks in clubs like Freestyler, but these days it's just a bunch of dubstep remixes to every song. What has the world become?

I won't say the visual arts, since that is my profession!
I do enjoy other creative outlets though such as tailoring and leatherworking.
Also, I like walking in the countryside and along the coast with my camera and sketchbook.

Latest posts

Back