Shame

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When people post videos......especially long ass bullshit videos that no one wants to watch, if they even bother to click the link....they usually put some of their own opinions or even just the reason they are posting said videos.

ardour said:
Bizarre. Seem to remember Phaedron doing this shortly before he was banned.

I didn't watch his videos because I didn't want to put my time towards things that were probably untrue, but I kept such opinions to myself and simply didn't watch the videos or post on the threads. At least he was granted enough courtesy to post his videos without them being publicly ridiculed as "bullshit videos that no one wants to watch".

I still don't see why it's so hard for people to not post on threads they don't like.

TheSkaFish said:
ardour said:
Bizarre. Seem to remember Phaedron doing this shortly before he was banned.

I didn't watch his videos because I didn't want to put my time towards things that were probably untrue, but I kept such opinions to myself and simply didn't watch the videos or post on the threads. At least he was granted enough courtesy to post his videos without them being publicly ridiculed as "bullshit videos that no one wants to watch".

I still don't see why it's so hard for people to not post on threads they don't like.

Rick Astley is more enlightening and certainly more entertaining than this. All these videos do is make obvious observations about male socialization, blame the “Gynocracy” while implying that only males are capable of emotional depth.

If you want to talk about how feminism can unfairly demonize men and contribute to depression, then make it something specific that can actually be debated. The tiresome MGTOW monologues are embarrassing, and personally I wouldn’t like to see Xpendable banned since I enjoyed a few of his past posts…

ardour said:
Rick Astley is more enlightening and certainly more entertaining than this. All these videos do is make obvious observations about male socialization, blame the “Gynocracy” while implying that only males are capable of emotional depth.

If you want to talk about how feminism can unfairly demonize men and contribute to depression, then make it something specific that can actually be debated. The tiresome MGTOW monologues are embarrassing, and personally I wouldn’t like to see Xpendable banned since I enjoyed a few of his past posts…

Maybe, I don't know. But I wasn't attacking you, and I wasn't trying to make a point about MGTOW or feminism. I was making a point about people having a right to post threads without them being brushed off as "bullshit". If I, or anyone else doesn't like a thread, the thing to do is just ignore the thread. There's no need to turn it into a confrontation and to essentially ridicule the poster.

As Ska said, you can ignore the videos and just keep your way. I happen to relate to some messages and asnwers from them and I wanted to share for the possibility of them being useful to someone else. I totally understand the rejection they cause but some time ago I posted a video and it was helpful to some users.

So...what happened to the idea of taking what you like and leaving the rest? I won't dismiss everything as bullshit just because the MGTOW label has been slapped on it, even if some of them delve rather deeply into pseudoscience (f.e. Sandman) or go completely off the rocker by saying women are not human.

But the described "obvious observations" are not that obvious to everyone and I certainly won't demonize the guys who are just looking for shared experiences, trying to make sense of things they encountered throughout their lives. It's not like they're instantly enthralled by a single video and pledge allegiance to Satan. People are capable of critical thought after all.

Do add an introductory post though. I had come across Spetznaz and Stardusk before, so I did know the outline of what they are talking about, but most people have no idea.

PS: BBCodes aren't rocket science.

Code:
For videos (Youtube): [video=youtube]VIDEO_URL[/video]

TheSkaFish said:
I didn't watch his videos because I didn't want to put my time towards things that were probably untrue, but I kept such opinions to myself and simply didn't watch...

This is the best way.

Latest posts

Back