Sleep

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice But Dim Jim

Reaction score
I haven't slept Comfortably in weeks and now more than ever I just wish I had someone here to look over me and let me sleep in safety.

This is coming from a guy who has lived on his on for years, it's never bothered me before but I feel very vulnerable to "attack" at present.

I like to have me back to the wall
If I am in a restaurant I like to be facing the door
When I sleep I prefer to face the door

I think if you look around in public you will notice its a common thing among men in restaurants ...maybe its a control issue

I hope it has never been an issue that you have ever been attacked in your sleep or anytime for that matter
Why do you feel at high risk ?

Perhaps you are experiencing symptoms of anxiety at bed time, and can't identify them clearly yet?

Could you get a pet? I used to have a cat and sometimes if I thought I heard something odd or suspicious in the yard, I would look at the cat. If she was relaxed and paying it no attention, I would feel safe. Animals are generally quick to sense danger.

Tiina63 said:
Could you get a pet? I used to have a cat and sometimes if I thought I heard something odd or suspicious in the yard, I would look at the cat. If she was relaxed and paying it no attention, I would feel safe. Animals are generally quick to sense danger.

I am the same way there. Have 2 cats and I am in general a very panicky person, always worrying we've left the door unlocked and even if it is I'm still on edge. The cats are a great comfort though. One of them is usually on the bed sleeping and that's the only time I'll put earphones in. I'll know if there's danger, I'll see their reaction instead of having to hear it myself. And they'll know way before me anyway due to their stronger hearing and as you say, instinct.

Dogs on the other hand could be considered better as they'll catch anyone off guard and siren the house like a house alarm haha.

Why do you feel unsafe? Has something changed in your neighborhood? Why do you feel vulnerable now? Would it be possible to get a dog?

Nice But Dim Jim said:
I haven't slept Comfortably in weeks and now more than ever I just wish I had someone here to look over me and let me sleep in safety.

This is coming from a guy who has lived on his on for years, it's never bothered me before but I feel very vulnerable to "attack" at present.

That's must be a really scary feeling and you are not alone. I have been dealing with lack of sleep lately. When I have so many racing thoughts at night, it becomes difficult for me to sleep. What I started doing was waking up and writing all my thoughts down in a journal until I felt tired again.

If you are going to ask your doctor for meds... I take Ativan to sleep / occasional anxiety. I find it so much better than antidepressants. Plus the drug has been around forever and is generally considered safe on a short term / occasional taking it basis.

Phenergan will have you out like a light and it's just an over the counter antihistamine with a drowsy side effect (a chip or half of a tablet is usually enough). Might be easier and cheaper than seeking a prescription. Careful with it though. The first time I took a whole one I was barely able to wake up for like 2 days, haha.

Latest posts

Back