Women bringing home the bacon...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonymousMe

Reaction score
I'm just curious ladies, do you think women are really more open to this idea nowadays or could there still be a majority that prefers it old-school?
If you were in that situation, would you be OK with it? Or do women simply don't like that kind of men? Or betas, as some call them.

I would guess it depends on the individual. I can do both, for example. Sorry for being a dude that answered though.

I make a little more than my GF at the moment, but she works more hours. She's talented, but not creative, so she doesn't mind wasting her life at work. She's just socially awkward. I am like 100% beta.

I am in this position. Doesn't bother me at all. I've had men break up with me for being "too independent" though.

My mother was usually the one making more money, as she's always been very business-minded. It's all about preferences. I wouldn't mind it myself as long as we're financially secure overall, there's more to a relationship than just money. I think some men feel insecure about it though.

I wouldn't mind at all, as long as the relationship is stable in the sense of fully supportive and understanding of each other.

I wouldn't mind. I don't care who would bring in more, as long as things are paid and things that we need are bought.

In the modern era, it takes a dual income household in order to live comfortably.

I think that it doesn't matter who makes more, but because of how I was raised, being a man, I'm likely to be self-reliant even if I'm struggling. I have no problem sacrificing to make things work. If you want a functioning system, you have to be willing to give things up for a while sometimes.

What I don't like is when people put implications on financial and social status that elevate the ego. Nor am I a fan of the idea of taking care of someone. I strive for mutual independence. You cover your ass, I'll cover my ass, and if either of us needs help we'll help each other when and where we can, but never rely on each other.

I find that doing it this way keeps the relationship healthy, so you aren't arguing all the time about financial problems. Which, the two most common arguments within a relationship are jealousy and money.

I think that there are simple answers to each of these.
It just requires you to not be a dumbass.

Some people like drama though. I don't really understand them, but whatever I guess everyone has something that motivates them. So, to each their own I guess.

Does this refer to stay-at-home dads or men who earn less?

Assuming it's the later, it wouldn't bother me. Prefer finances were kept separate and not to be dependent on them though.

ardour said:
Does this refer to stay-at-home dads or men who earn less?

Well, I was referring to the former, but with the answers given so far, I can tell what people think of them.

I certainly wouldn't mind either, a stay at home dad or a guy that makes less. To me, it's all about contributing and taking care of business. If one can't cover something, it's nice when the other can pick it up and get it done. Relationships to me aren't about who can provide more money than the other. To me, that's petty and ridiculous. Contributing can be done in more than just one way.

strive for mutual independence. You cover your ass, I'll cover my ass, and if either of us needs help we'll help each other when and where we can
Agreed.

Latest posts

Back