I think a girl may have asked me out and I'm conflicted.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt L

Reaction score
This girl and who I assume are either her sisters or friends shop in the grocery store I work at on a regular basis. Today one of them approached me and asked if this girl, who was standing in the background giggling, could add me on Facebook. I gave her my name and she sent me a request which I have yet to accept. This is the first time any girl has ever shown interest in me. The problem is: I'm not very interested in her but there's another girl that comes in the store every sunday with her mom that I'm very interested in. I'm not really sure what to do. I'd like to wait and see if this girl I like could happen. If I ever had a date in my life I'd like it to be with someone I really want to be with. I feel like if I did anything with this other girl, my heart wouldn't be in it and I'd be doing it not to make her feel bad.

That's tricky. Liking the other girl. I guess there's always nothing wrong with making new connections or new friends but make it clear that you're not interested in that way if so.

So, did she really ask you to go out with her? Didn't see this in your post so just wondering.

P.S. I like your avatar.

BeyondShy said:
Whatever you do, be nice. If you turn her down, be nice.

Amen.

I would friend her and if she starts messaging you on there, talk to her. Maybe get to know her a little bit before you drop the "lets be friends" bomb on her. You might, key word might, like her in return. I have had a few times in my life where I have regretted saying I just wanted to be friends and then after becoming friends with them I grew some feelings. Then it hurts when they move on.

As for the other girl, maybe sometime when she is not around her mom, ask her if you can add her to some sort of social media, after a few conversations. (And I only say not around her mom because parents can be intimadating!)

<Man, I miss high school...>

heh heh heh, yeah me too.

I love "dating" nowdays with the youth, most of the hanging out, cheating, even asking someone to be your girlfriend... all happens on facebook.

Accept the FB request and don't read too much into it, maybe something will come of it maybe she'll just be an FB friend and nothing else. The other girl? Wait and see....next time she's there and you get a moment alone with her, ask if you can FB friend her....it's a start.

I wish facebook had been around when I was in high school.

Latest posts

Back