I've come to the conclusion that being alone/ a loner is the coolest thing ever.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

ragingbull17

I mean, you can do what the hell you want without having to please anyone else, you don't feel the need to conform to the ways of any 'in crowd' and there is something so darkly mysterious about somebody walking around a city and drinking in pubs and bars alone. People have a sense of respect and fear for the loners of this world and I personally am glad to be one.

i'm naturally social. I need friends
thats kool that you feel this way though

Thanks, raging bull. I kinda slipped into a similar existence, and I can't get out of it - so far, so I might as well embrace the positive qualities of this kind of existence. I try to notice other loners sometimes, and once in a while I will see a loner who enters a room with confidence, as if he were just checking out the place for the evening, but not at desperate measure to associate. People see the tail waggin too hard and their like uh this guys weird. And desperate. A perfect place to ease into this is a dark music club. Industrial, darkwave, etc. People still expect some freaks to show up there. Once in a while something threatens my loneliness. Once in awhile I see this light shine through the window where you know if you met that person again any time soon, who you just conversed with you might - yikes - start a camaraderie of some sort. And thats not being lonely. Get your instruction while you can.

ragingbull17 said:
I mean, you can do what the hell you want without having to please anyone else, you don't feel the need to conform to the ways of any 'in crowd' and there is something so darkly mysterious about somebody walking around a city and drinking in pubs and bars alone. People have a sense of respect and fear for the loners of this world and I personally am glad to be one.

LOL! '...something so darkly mysterious about somebody walking around a city and drinking in pubs and bars alone.'

I love that statement! And it's weird - you're exactly right! Being a loner, I've always found that we sort of 'stand out' from the crowd, and yes, I agree - I'm glad to be one, too...:) Here's to all the loners of the world...Cheers! :)

ya tough unfortunatly more of a pro for males, See chicks tottally love the hot and sexy loner in a black leather jacket that rides a motorcycle-mmm ya

i don't think it's the same for female loners, were kinda looked on more of freaks. Maybe if you put on some make up and did something with your hair you'd have more friends. Well ya i'll admit thats probably true. and fresia ya i'll admit it i'm ******* lazy.
I roll out of bed at like 7:50 i'm late to class everyday. I hate getting up in the morning. I'm on autopilot until about 12:30. You think i'm really going to get up an extra 15-20 minutes early ( i know it really isn't that much, but i'd give my arm for an extra 10 minutes to sleep in, and every extra second i can put off going to school is golden) So i can be friends with the in crowd or fresia even to just look normal i guess. everyone sayd why don't you just go to bed earlier, i go to bed at 11 or 12, so i ussally get 8 hours of sleep. But waking up and knowing i have to get up to spend 7 hours at that hell whole makes me want to kill myself. Hell at this point i don't care anymore. I just need to get through this last year of school then i'll try and figure out what to do. I'll probably never see any of you again.
anyways the only way for a female loner to be attractive is the pretty, quiet and shy female. Which goes unnoticed by about 99% of the population. The stong female loner/independant is ussally considered too butch or lesbain. At lest i have a lot of freetime if i'm not doing homework or thinking of how i need to go out and get a job or fill out my college applications

evanescencefan91 said:
i don't think it's the same for female loners, were kinda looked on more of freaks....
anyways the only way for a female loner to be attractive is the pretty, quiet and shy female. Which goes unnoticed by about 99% of the population. The stong female loner/independant is ussally considered too butch or lesbain.

I don't know about being a freak...I just like to be alone most of the time, and I'm comfortable with that. Whether I'm the 'quiet, shy type' (which, yes, I am) or the 'independent/strong' type, I don't think it really matters.
Besides, if you're essentially a loner, why would you be concerned with being noticed by other people??

good point

i don't really know i guess it really doesn't affect me either way. But i admit it's sometimes in the back of my mind.

ragingbull17 said:

Wow ! You make it sound cool, like the punisher :)

Human beings were not made to be alone, we were made to need one another.

Being too self sufficient just puts us all deeper in the hole, but then we have to adapt to the loners life to exist in this world.

Loners may seem really cool, but the truth is we are docile and easily ruled. Should there come a time where the people need to rebel or join together for some common cause, if we are all loners then we are all too distant distrusting of one another.

This is of course is an ideal situation for our governments who somehow have become completely perfect while we are completely imperfect. So is destroying the family unit, erasing gender, and lowering marriage rates. According to statistics this is whats happening.

I foresee a future where everyone is a loner, there are no families, and we are too driven by sex and entertainment, and too self critical and jaded about each other to really care one way or another.

These days we TV in prison. In fact living in prison is better then living on the streets. If you want the right to have freedom then you have to really work for it. Yes thats us, the perfect slaves in prisons of gold...

But do not despair, fellow loners. You are learning to become a universe onto yourself and you have heaven to look forward to.

Solitude
[youtube]MQBT5Gwp2A0[/youtube]

Cool loners don't wander around going to social places to drink. They step into town, outshoot the banditos then move on to the next town.

You can have friends without feeling like you need to please them all the time, and friends wont stop you from doing thing you want? you can still go out on your own if you feel like it, the being alone means you HAVE to go alone. Anyway I feel the complete opposite.

Oh I don't know about that. Anime and movies can make a tall-dark-angsty-leather-clad-gun/sword-swinging loner look cool but real life isn't anime (too bad huh?). I guess there are people who, in fact, prefer to be alone, well, that's cool for them, but I can hardly imagine that myself. I really don't like to be completely alone, unless it's for a very short time (a few hours is enough). Humans, for the most part, are made to be social, more or less, but still social, creatures, and I'd be kidding myself to think otherwise.

ragingbull17 said:

YES, you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! If only i realized this earlier like when i was a teenager. But being a loner doesnt mean i have to look scary or tough so people respect me, im still who i am as a person who's being honest with myself and everybody else, when i feel negativity id rather stay away as far as i can!

Now i feel im lucky being a loner, i can enjoy my life and being a happy person because im confident with myself and NOT because of other people :)

Many people consider themselves as my friends, but i always turn off my phone volume and reject all invitations (by not being rude of course). Gradually i receive no more phone calls (only SMS, that i read a week after LOL), and my life's becoming MORE PEACEFUL :)

Being a loner is the most peaceful way of living EVER :)
Being loners and anti socials are different thing. Anti socials hates the society because society reject them. Im a loner, and i dont hate the society, i only dont feel comfortable with negativity and "loudness" around them therefore id rather enjoy living peacefully by myself :)

There is something pretty awesome about being able to come and go as you please. I've always admired people who always did their own thing. I'm loving learning to be one of those people now (10 years of marriage and a very conservative upbringing keeping me from being a natural). I do the stuff I want, if other people want to join me, great. If not, I still get the pleasure of doing something I enjoy.

Phaedron said:
Loners may seem really cool, but the truth is we are docile and easily ruled.

Speak for yourself. I'm not docile, and tend to be the natural leader when I'm in a group, largely because of my independent nature. I don't have the herd mentality that makes others so eager to bend to the will of others.

The rest of your post is just whack.

well like someone earlier said this is true for male loners but not females, with females 99% of the time other people see us as being shy, good girls i mean really i could rob an effing bank and people would still think im a good girl XD but hey im not complaining x3 id love to be able to get away with robbing a bank XD not the i would ever do that since really in the long run it would be pointless anyways since you couldnt use that money but anyways i dont see why we should care about how others view us?

ragingbull17 said:
I mean, you can do what the hell you want without having to please anyone else, you don't feel the need to conform to the ways of any 'in crowd'

I know what you mean. I feel the same way a lot of the time too. Every now and again I miss someone if I havent seen them for a while, though. I hope you stay happy and nonconformist, mate :)

I have a slight headache, i am that bored and fidgity. Its 17.36 , and i am going to bed.

I fail to see anything cool about my life , however hard i try.

ragingbull17 said:

You are absolutely right.

But.

That way you are doing all the things to yourself only.

You don't get any feedback.

But I get it if you are from Norweigan mountains and especially a Satanist :p Well actually they are not satanists, only so called pagans and anarchists whose moto I like:
Walk on your path and bother no one. If someone bothers you, tell them to stop. If they continue to bother you, destroy them.

Latest posts

Back