Dealing with Christmas....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ringwood

Reaction score
Does anybody else feel like this during the holidays?? It seems the closer it gets to Christmas, the more depressed I feel. And then I find myself annoyed and angry at the people around me who all seem so **** happy. It always makes me feel so resentful, and guilty at the same time. I mean, just because I'm not thrilled about the holidays, doesn't mean everybody else shouldn't be either. It would just be nice if people didn't try to shove their Christmas spirit in my face, instead of just stepping back a little and letting me feel what I feel....I just find this time of year so, so hard to deal with. Arrrgggghhhh!

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone! I hope wherever you are, you find a little peace and happiness in your life...Cheers and all the best to everyone!

I dont do christmas, but my kids do and what i loath is all the **** hype, all the **** adverts, and then when your having your day, all the **** adverts telling you the sales are on the next day.

Note to advertisers: If i wanted to buy your crap before xmas i would but i dont, so stop tryin to sell off naff stuff i dont want it even after you have suppossedly droped the price!!!!
:club:

I've gotten to the point where I don't even notice how the people around me love Christmas anymore. Today I've pretty much just been sitting here. She had to work a double shift (nursing home) and I've got to watch the girls. Surprisingly the youngest has been really good today. The older one has been pushing my buttons though. "Today is the suckiest day ever" to which I answered "Merry Christmas to you too." "But I'm bored!" Oh I see. I'll make sure to tell your mom how much you like all the stuff we got you." ggrrrrr

It's a bad time for me to, especially Christmas eve-just can't deal w/ it. When it is over I say-thank goodness....A very dark day indeed. Expectations very high. The other thing is they start Christmas right after Halloween and by the time it is here you're just plain had enough of all that. But I wish everone else a Merry One. xxooo's

ringwood said:
Does anybody else feel like this during the holidays?? It seems the closer it gets to Christmas, the more depressed I feel. And then I find myself annoyed and angry at the people around me who all seem so **** happy. It always makes me feel so resentful, and guilty at the same time. I mean, just because I'm not thrilled about the holidays, doesn't mean everybody else shouldn't be either. It would just be nice if people didn't try to shove their Christmas spirit in my face, instead of just stepping back a little and letting me feel what I feel....I just find this time of year so, so hard to deal with. Arrrgggghhhh!

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone! I hope wherever you are, you find a little peace and happiness in your life...Cheers and all the best to everyone!

Exactly!
I really don't like Christmas. I don't like the decorations, snow, christmas tree, gifts, gathering of family.
None of it . . .

I'm such a grinch.

I always got a little bit depressed around Christmas. But this year is really bad. I don't want anything to do with it. I just want to skip it entirely. I would if I didn't have kids.

But they aren't getting anything extravagant, maybe just a tree. screw it

Merry Christmas to you

Gotta vent a bit on this one.....I think the Three Wise Men would understand my disgust at the Three Lying Thieves that stole $7500 bucks from me at XMAS a few years ago. It'll take me a long time to come to terms with this because it involved being cheated by family. There's nothing worse than getting ripped off by people you're supposed to be able to trust. LG:-(

I LUUUUUUUUUUURVE CHRISTMAS!!! :D

Seriously, everyone's happier during the holidays, and it really does spill over if you pay attention. More smiles, more pleasant wishes... people giving you time when before they wouldn't be caught near you for ANYTHING..

Yeah, people are also rushed and busy with shopping and everything..

But I just love the spirit of it all. Christmas lights... snow... all of it. :)

I dread the events of the holiday season, like my company Christmas party. I hate going to group functions, I'm afraid I'll do something stupid or make a fool of myself. This year is worse since I might end up going by myself, my part timer says his school dance is the same day. I know all the other employees from our sister company but most bring their wives or girlfriends and I'm just not in tune with them. I'm not a big drinker and I'm really the only employee left on my end. I'm not even sure if I'll get any time off this year, I used to take a week off but that was when I had an older guy working with me not a 15 year old. My boss just doesn't understand, last year I found out he got really pissed off when I didn't go. I look forward to going to my mom's and spending the week there. I try to get myself in the holiday mood, like decorating the showroom at work, I usually don't decorate my apartment since its just me but this year I bought two small 2ft fake trees. The excitement just isn't there anymore like it used to be, just anxiety.

It's not as good for me now as it was when I was a child, that's for sure.
As a child, mom took us around the neighborhoods that featured the most spectacular displays of outdoor decor. As a child, there were some awesome gifts under the tree. I'm a gamer so that's pretty much all I ever wanted for Christmas back then. As a child, I wasn't concerned about love affairs or things like being out shopping for others alone. As a child, I was closer to my extended family. This meant bigger "family affairs" like enjoying the gifts with the other younglings and having big breakfast and dinner. That extent of closeness to the extended family hasn't held true for many many years now.

So here at 29 struggling to find my way up in life, Christmas is entirely different. I'm not even big on the idea of God. I'm actually agnostic but I still celebrate. I love the atmosphere based on my memories of better days. I love Christmas music. I love the idea of what it could be for me again if I could just rise.

Callie said:
I just want to skip it entirely. I would if I didn't have kids.

That is usually where i would be. If it wasn't for the kids then skipping it would sound great to me.

I agree with Sean.

Our streets, in our collects, you can tell the holidays are approaching, not only music and decorations, but by the air in frustration and anxiety. Ironically, the family celebration was perfect from the shadows of the past, old wounds start and the gap left by missing family members.

Latest posts

Back