Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rewarded for being good.
05-01-2009, 03:45 AM
Rewarded for being good.
Do you believe there is a reward for living as a decent human being?

What is that reward?

When do you get it?

Is being a good person a reward in itself?

What defines living like a good person?

Does it have to be moral, peaceful, law abiding?

Or is it defined in another way?

Is there any motivation to living upright as opposed to living in a bad or shady manner?

ADVERTISEMENTS
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2009, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2009 10:30 AM by Lonesome Crow.)
RE: Rewarded for being good.
You mean like a rat in a cage. Experinments done in a CONTROLLED enviorment to fuck with your mind..lol

or

"Honey, if you do the honey do's list, you get to do me " Toungue

or

training a pet with rewards ( petting or treats) to do a tricks..."good doggie...good dogie".lol
" if you act to what is accpetiable to me...you're a good wife...good GF"
" oh btw way honey...here's the gold credit card". Toungue

or

if you take a fucken bullet for your team mate...we'll send a purple heart to your mama.

or
if you ram a 747 into buildings..you'll get to bang 72 virgins

or
if you blow up yourself..you're family will get money to survive.

or
if you tell us what we wanna hear...your fucken reward is that we'll stop sending electric currents to your balls.

or
if you do this shit...your reward is in heaven

Yeah...living up right= less fucken chaos and insanities= less fucken suffering=peace.
More time and energy spent on happiness and enjoying life instead of living in fucken pains and fears.

Peace comes from within not from the outside. Peace radiate from within outward...just like a light buld
casing light outward to overcome darkness.

Rewards are sperations of your wholeness and truth. Rewards delute your mind into a state of LACK.
From a state of lack...you'll go into a state of lust (wants)..
Wanting to be right...wanting to be worng.
Wanting to be accepted
wanting to be not accepted
wanting to be okay
wanitng to be not okay.

Lust is more then just about sex...Lust is a state of wanting.
Such as ..WANTING REWARDS.

Ask yourself this....
Would you rather WANT TO BE happy or would you rather BE happy ?

Another example...You don't NEED a ciggerett. You WANT a ciggerett.
You feel incomplete without a ciggerett. You want a reward of smoking to be okay.
Smoking a cigg is nothing more than a rat in a cage tapping the stupid button to get a reward.

Dose stoping smoking makes you a good person ?...To me, NO.
Maybe your might have an oportunity to live a healther life style.

It is why...in recovery programs, one of the first thing you're ask to do is to make a gratitude list.
Making a gradtitude list gets a person into practicing being in state of having, complete or not wanting.

Knowing you are whole and complete...what posible reward can you give to a being that's completely
whole and have everything already.

If we have all we need already...then the outside shit are just wants.
mmmm...if it's just wants...we don't need to hurt or kill one another for it.

It's as simple as....you want a piece of fucken candy. You're not going to die if you don't get it or get it.
Getting a piece of candy dosn't make you more than you already are.
Not getting a piece of candy dosn't make you less than you already are.

Even JC had to simplifiy it. The ten was too damn complitcate.
JC shorten it to 2....love and love one another.
The kingdom of heaven is at hand...the time is NOW.
If not NOW.....when ?
All we have is the NOW...every waken moment we live is always in the NOW.
The past or future is all in our fucken mind.

If you don't beliving in god...then simplified to 1
Love one another...
If we do that... there would less pains, suffering and conflicts.
05-01-2009, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2009 06:22 AM by jales.)
good question,
being good is a reward in itself.. plus when you do good you put goodness in the world which may come back to affect you, or maybe your kids or maybe not.

its a bit of chance.. you may not ever be rewarded .. or you may not.. just depends on how life goes.

ADVERTISEMENTS
05-17-2009, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2009 11:48 AM by Melanie.)
Well what exactly is your definition of being a "decent human being?"
I think a "good" person is different according to different societal standards. I think what defines a "good" human being is different for different people/perspectives/societies/cultures/etc. What's "good" for you, may not be "good" for me. I think that the root cause of morality though, stems from basic human self-preservation.

Anyways, I don't believe that people as a whole are rewarded for "good" behavior. I guess it could be a reward for the person who is being "good." I've always viewed myself as a kind person, but people never gave a shit, so I didnt give a shit. In my case, being kind, wasn't a reward. What reward is there anyways, a big gold star and a pat on the head? Ultimately, I am a "good" person, because I live under certain laws and regulations. In my opinion, certain standards are made for society to keep us in check, to keep us "humane." I am the way I am because of the way I was raised and the world that I live in.
In the end though, there is no reward for anyone, "good," or "bad." we all end up dead...
Yeah, there is a motivation for being a law abiding citizen...freedom. You don't obey the law, you end up in jail...lol

All of that deep stuff aside, I have personally, always related to Shakespeare's "Fair is foul, and foul is fair." Seems that kind, compassionate people, get nowhere in life, and the shitty, obnoxious, loud, dumbass people do. (hm maybe I'm just bitter).
Just like the movies! All of the really horrible, generic, typical, predictable ones make all the money, while the beautifully made, deeper movies don't. Same with people. The lemmings are the ones that get noticed...

This world is utterly mixed up.
05-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Melanie Wrote:Well what exactly is your definition of being a "decent human being?"
I think a "good" person is different according to different societal standards. I think what defines a "good" human being is different for different people/perspectives/societies/cultures/etc. What's "good" for you, may not be "good" for me. I think that the root cause of morality though, stems from basic human self-preservation.

Anyways, I don't believe that people as a whole are rewarded for "good" behavior. I guess it could be a reward for the person who is being "good." I've always viewed myself as a kind person, but people never gave a shit, so I didnt give a shit. In my case, being kind, wasn't a reward. What reward is there anyways, a big gold star and a pat on the head? Ultimately, I am a "good" person, because I live under certain laws and regulations. In my opinion, certain standards are made for society to keep us in check, to keep us "humane." I am the way I am because of the way I was raised and the world that I live in.
In the end though, there is no reward for anyone, "good," or "bad." we all end up dead...
Yeah, there is a motivation for being a law abiding citizen...freedom. You don't obey the law, you end up in jail...lol

All of that deep stuff aside, I have personally, always related to Shakespeare's "Fair is foul, and foul is fair." Seems that kind, compassionate people, get nowhere in life, and the shitty, obnoxious, loud, dumbass people do. (hm maybe I'm just bitter).
Just like the movies! All of the really horrible, generic, typical, predictable ones make all the money, while the beautifully made, deeper movies don't. Same with people. The lemmings are the ones that get noticed...

Ditto! XD
05-17-2009, 12:27 PM
frey12 Wrote:
Melanie Wrote:Well what exactly is your definition of being a "decent human being?"

Ditto! XD

hahahah really??
05-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Melanie Wrote:
frey12 Wrote:

Ditto! XD

hahahah really??

Well I would like to answer a bit more fully but you get my entire thoughts on subjects down perfectly! And I really like these subjects to and you keep beating me to them!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is it better to be bad than good? lostatsea 72 2,300 01-09-2014 06:07 PM
Last Post: LeaningIntoTheMuse
  MASTURBATION - good? or bad? Just_Some_Dude 313 31,701 09-24-2013 02:52 PM
Last Post: LeaningIntoTheMuse
  Would Sloths make good pets? Parabolani 13 1,960 08-19-2012 07:47 PM
Last Post: nerdygirl
  BABY SMASHING - Good? or Bad? blackhole 72 3,685 07-31-2011 07:32 PM
Last Post: Doubt The Rabbit
  Are People Good or Bad? SophiaGrace 36 4,071 06-21-2011 12:56 AM
Last Post: paulo
Wink Affirmative Action /Positive Discrimination: Good or Bad Idea? Naleena 9 4,214 09-07-2009 12:48 AM
Last Post: scott69
  heres a good one nope_real 8 1,222 03-12-2009 01:35 AM
Last Post: SophiaGrace