Why do YOU want to be in a relationship?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannabeXL

Reaction score
Sometimes I look at myspace pictures of people I used to know and I get jealous because they all seem to be in a happy relationship - married with babies and everything. Then I step away from the computer, get out of the house, and meet people - and I lose all desire to be in a relationship. Perhaps people who are still single are still single for a reason.

So anyway, why do YOU want to be in a relationship?

I want to feel that intimate love with someone. Which I probably won't feel again, but that's what I like about it.

I wont to feel loved and feel that someone puts me first be for any other person. Someone to go on holiday with would be nice has well.
To be made to feel special.

Maybe deep inside I don't wont a relationship though. I mean I never have a crush on anyone. Nobody I know seems they would be a good partner for me. Maybe am just to dam picky, IDK. But its not like you can chose who you like or how picky you are.

sex, fame, fortune, adventure, mysteries, companionship ,sex...and more sex and more sex :p

I think it's built in my genetic make up or just a part of being a human being.
To me it' like you're asking why a eagle wants to fly or why a lion hunts.
Even these animals have relationships, build safe eniovrment to raise and feed thier offsprings.

Thats simple question )) I don't want to be alone anymore. I have few friends but we rarely meet, we are all working, and seeing few times a month now. But even when we met oftenly, I was still alone when returned home. I want someone to kiss, someone to hold, to know that I am not just worthless piece of meat.
And ofcourse its natural, so this is very first reason actually, but most try to say different. This is how we were created, to be with someone, not just die somewhere along with ourselves.

I'm looking for someone who I can trust, someone that will understand me, and someone with whom I can have physical contact... and I'm not particularly talking about sex. That's pretty far down the list.

I'm in a relationship right now and have been obsessed with relationships my whole life. I can't now think of a single reason I would want to be in one.

Because...

I want to have one person to share my life with.
I want to be with someone I can relate to more than anyone else.
I want someone to care for, who cares for me too.
I want someone to appreciate, who appreciates me too.
I want someone to be proud of, who is proud of me too.
I want someone who I can talk to about anything, no need to hold back.
I want someone who will let me hold him any time, no need for words.

I want to wake up and see him smiling at me, stroking the hair away from my forehead and telling me he loves me.

To me that is worth being in a relationship for.

Oceanmist23 said:
Because...

I want to wake up and see him smiling at me, stroking the hair away from my forehead and telling me he loves me.

ok screw my smelly old reason

imma stealing this members answer :p

Van Hooligan X said:
Oceanmist23 said:
Because...

:shy: :D vbvbvbvb
Hey.. what do you mean "this member" ? DDD ok I guess my no-show on msn lately means I deserve that lol :p

Shower me Baby !!!!...

Marianne is hawt and super smexy...:p(aurther of the couse in mirracles)

Call me forth , Nastay. I know you understand me...:p

[youtube]dEMTkrz407g[/youtube]

Oceanmist23 said:
Van Hooligan X said:
Oceanmist23 said:
Because...

:shy: :D vbvbvbvb
Hey.. what do you mean "this member" ? DDD ok I guess my no-show on msn lately means I deserve that lol :p

vbvb!

aye you did, but i feel that you have learnt the error of your ways, and this will be gauge because now the van will get more mist time (h)

that your your just saying that for shits and giggles

the stuff in bold, is yorkshire talk....thats just a big bag of shitty yorkshireness :p

I want to be in one because I miss that feeling you get when you have someone in your arms or you are in theirs and the weight of the world seems to be lifted from you. To feel someone next to you while you sleep or nap knowing they're there with you because they like you/ love you, it makes you feel wanted/needed/loved. It takes away lonliness and makes you feel important at least to one person. You feel like you don't have to face the world alone, but you have a best friend there to help you.

I've never been in a relationship so I'd like to know what its like, when I see people together I always feel like I'm missing out on something. And I think it would be nice not to be alone all the time.

Jesse said:
I want to be in one because I miss that feeling you get when you have someone in your arms or you are in theirs and the weight of the world seems to be lifted from you.

The weight of my girlfriend is greater than the weight of the world! Metaphorically and probably literally!:D

Nyktimos said:
Jesse said:
I want to be in one because I miss that feeling you get when you have someone in your arms or you are in theirs and the weight of the world seems to be lifted from you.

The weight of my girlfriend is greater than the weight of the world! Metaphorically and probably literally!:D

Good one :D For me, I cannot have a relationship for now, though i would want that... I noticed lately that I'm getting somehow bored about my partner, it is not that I want so or I'm seeking games r one night stands... It bothers me, I don't want to hurt anyone... Really makes me think about the situation, is it something wrong with me?

Latest posts

Back