Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
People that ENJOY being alone
06-21-2009, 01:23 AM
RE: People that ENJOY being alone
Lately I started to enjoy being alone, even if I realized this will distant me from my few friends I have... I think some people are simply made to be alone and those people are always smarter, you know why? Because we can concentrate without anyone disturbing us ^_^

[Image: sigdduw2.gif]

ADVERTISEMENTS
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2009, 03:45 AM
Alone for a moment ya.I really need time alone esp after outings or school.If I skipped those time alone,I can get very hot tempered at times or feel very uncomfortable.

But still,I do not really want to be alone all the times because the feeling of loneliness will once again haunt me.

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend.
Albert Camus

[Image: 5463.png]http://www.habamon.com/monster/LittleDumDum
Feed my poor pet,pls.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-23-2009, 05:51 AM
SophiaGrace Wrote:Do you know anyone that enjoys being alone?

Why would anyone enjoy it?

Why do people get lonely in the first place?

Do you think we (lonely people) judge ourselves based on a societial perception of what our social lives should be?

i enjoy being alone. Being alone does not equate loneliness, I have felt far more lonely with people around me. I like my own space, being able to please myself.

When I remember times of acute loneliness in the past, I was never alone. I had people chatting around me and to me and I felt as though I was in a jam jar, looking at them through thick glass. I love my peace and privacy. Of course there are times when it is nice to converse or share time with someone but that can be done.

ADVERTISEMENTS
12-08-2009, 03:53 PM
(06-20-2009 10:59 AM)wannabeXL Wrote:  I enjoy being alone for the most part. I don't like feeling lonely, but I do like being alone (for the most part). Why do I enjoy being alone? Mostly because I'm not a people person. I can tolerate people, but I feel like if I were around people for a little too long I might have to kill someone.

I agree wholeheartedly. People are exhausting for me. Too much noise, too much drama and cackling all over the place. It's sort of comforting to know that I can retreat to a place where I know will be free of the extraneous noise and egos.

"It's when you start living and comparing yourself to other people that the insecurities and sicknesses come out"
12-08-2009, 04:07 PM
I don't mind being by myself, I don't want to be by myself all the time. The lonely part is not having anyone to care about or think of during the by myself time. I cant remember the last hug I got, its been a long time and it sucks. Alone time isnt so bad if eventually someone is coming home that cares alot about you.
12-09-2009, 12:35 AM
Sometimes we need to be by ourselves in order to reflect and sort things out.

I don't meet people in real life. The ones I meet online generally end up wanting me to drop dead. I don't really have much choice except to learn the virtues of solitude.

We take what we're given and cope the best we can.
12-09-2009, 04:04 AM
I've always enjoyed being alone. I can remember as a kid having sleepovers and often waiting anxiously the next day for the girl's mom to come pick the girl up so I could go back to doing my own thing. I never could manage more the one close friend at a time. I hated having to have roommates in college. I never missed my boyfriend when he went away, and when my husband left it was two months before I started to miss him.

It's not that I don't like people. I like people a lot, but I can't really think when people are around. So while I might enjoy conversing with friends, family, and coworkers, I definitely need time away from everyone at the end of the day.

I always rank introverted on personality tests though. I imagine extroverts feel the exact opposite. I once had a friend that said when she got down she'd go to the mall just because there were people there. That sounded like the craziest thing to me.

"They pretend they're going to always be there for you, and then one day they pack up and move away and take their love with them, and leave their declawed cat to fend for herself. They leave her, wondering what she did wrong." - Mittens
12-09-2009, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2009 01:29 PM by Alaric.)
I love being alone... It allows me to explore thoughts, and be places that are perfect, if only in my mind...

I love being alone... It allows me to be with the most perfect people, and say things that don't come out silly or goofy... And I always say the right thing at the right time...

I love being alone... It allows me to travel to places I could never see except in my imagination... And travel at speeds faster than light, faster than time...

I love being alone... It allows me time with myself, to do maintenance on my thoughts... To perfect the lines on a page, in a book unwritten... And to listen to the silence that sounds like a sigh...

I love being alone... I can tolerate me... I know my foibles, and each faux pas utterance, and can keep it from being said, in a stolid silence that no one ever hears...

I love being alone... Deep in the darkness where dreams sometimes sneak out to seek the light of day, I search for answers to questions I have never asked...

You cannot do that when others are around... They will think you mad... Quite insane... Deep introspection looks like craziness to others... Loneliness is a solitary thing, even when others are near... Sometimes especially when others are near... So... I love to be alone...

"And I, like a Carrion Crowe, feast upon the remains of the day"
12-11-2009, 06:09 AM
I like to be alone. I don't like to be lonely. I can be very lonely in a crowded room, but not at all when I'm all by myself.
12-17-2009, 07:50 PM
I hate being alone but I can feel lonely just about anywhere. Especially when I'm out with friends and we are out with a big gathering of people. They mostly talk amongst themselves as I stay quiet, to shy to say anything. I feel just as lonely than as when I'm by myself. I feel almost invisible to anyone there as if it feels like no one cares. I definitely think that how society perceives how our lives should be effects our lonliness. Its like society dictates that we are suppose to be with people all the time and if we aren't than it just isn't right. Some people enjoy being alone because lets face it there are a lot of jerks out there and a lot of heartache. Some people feel like its just better to be alone than deal with all that bullshit.

ADVERTISEMENTS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do some people revel in the "martyrdom" of loneliness? Kxty33 18 619 Today 06:12 PM
Last Post: ladyforsaken
  how many people thought of ending ur own life? paresh3d 134 8,516 06-28-2014 08:01 AM
Last Post: VeganAtheist
  When people aren't quite satisfied with success Tealeaf 4 227 06-27-2014 02:33 PM
Last Post: edamame721
  People NoGameNoPlay 22 903 05-23-2014 11:13 AM
Last Post: WildernessWildChild
  Do people ever minimise your loneliness? Tiina63 39 2,235 05-22-2014 10:56 AM
Last Post: WallflowerGirl83
  Another reason why people are lonely. Alonewith2cats 19 889 05-18-2014 08:03 PM
Last Post: Wanderer145
  A way to meet people... I guess.. LadyDaria 1 387 05-18-2014 04:14 PM
Last Post: MTrip
  Keep asking people to hang out but keep making excutes African_weasel 21 1,402 05-09-2014 12:21 PM
Last Post: jayme89
  QUESTIONNAIRE FOR LONELY PEOPLE Sad-Joe 14 1,473 04-28-2014 04:58 AM
Last Post: zibafu
  Pushing other people away Woz 14 1,821 03-02-2014 04:24 PM
Last Post: ventura23