Got lots of friends but still sad and lonely...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

emotionless

I'm confused. I have a lot of friends, we talk often. But at times when I'm alone, I feel so sad. Depressed. Usually when I'm alone I don't feel this sad but nowadays I feel extremely sad and alone. Maybe it's because I have a lot of friends but don't have someone I could really talk to? I've been emotionally messed up for a week and I don't know why. I can think of some reasons but I feel like the reasons that I think of really aren't the reasons why I feel so sad and alone. Pretty redundant...

emotionless said:
I'm confused. I have a lot of friends, we talk often. But at times when I'm alone, I feel so sad. Depressed. Usually when I'm alone I don't feel this sad but nowadays I feel extremely sad and alone. Maybe it's because I have a lot of friends but don't have someone I could really talk to? I've been emotionally messed up for a week and I don't know why. I can think of some reasons but I feel like the reasons that I think of really aren't the reasons why I feel so sad and alone. Pretty redundant...

It's probably because you don't have anyone to really talk to; a best friend. It takes a lot off of you and makes you feel better about yourself and about your mood when you have a best friend because they are there to support you and be there for you when no one else can be or you can't talk to anyone else.

I'm the same way. At school when I see and talk to my friends, I'm usually in a pretty good mood. But when I am at home, alone, I get really lonely and sad. Somehow I miss my friends after a weekend away from them. I mean, I enjoy the sitting around doing nothing, but sometimes I wish I was at school on the weekends just because I am so unbearably lonely and I miss my friends. Weird, I know.

Well at least you guys HAVE friends!

I think some depression is normal. We live in a really f-ed up world. And going through teen angst, that is tough.

Did you guys see the movie "Heathers" with Winona Ryder? Teenage suicide...don't do it!!!

Seriously very funny. I think that it's part of growing up is going through a lot of self-doubt and you will get through it!!!

BrokenDreams said:
I'm the same way. At school when I see and talk to my friends, I'm usually in a pretty good mood. But when I am at home, alone, I get really lonely and sad. Somehow I miss my friends after a weekend away from them. I mean, I enjoy the sitting around doing nothing, but sometimes I wish I was at school on the weekends just because I am so unbearably lonely and I miss my friends. Weird, I know.

same, im always abit cheerful at school but when i come back from school and its night i get all lonely and depress, but i dont like my "friends" much though most of the time they are nice but sometimes they make me feel rejected.

Sometime iI wish I could go back and not be so much of a loner in school. I feel the same way for my best friend used to be genuine but know it seems like life has made him fake, he's become everything that he was not. Now I find myself being different around him and not knowing what to say! After 16 years for it to go backwards is crazy! And not having that outlet is almost unbearable, but I have to admit this webste is a godsend!!! If any of you ever need to talk I'm there! I always try to check the posts at least 2wice a day:p

Oh yeah and Lonelygirl I agree this is one F-up world and it gets worse everyday. All I can say is thank the stars there are ppl out there like us that makes me feel that all is not lost lol:D

I feel EXACTLY the same.

I go to college, people smile and me, they laugh, I talk to a whole load of friends... but I am still somehow lonely when I leave them, I stop smiling immediately and start feeling down again.

It is not contact that I crave, but meaningful contact. :(

emotionless said:

i feel exactly the same way you do. i have many friends, a normal life almost, but just lack of really really good genuine honest friends. worst part is i tell people i dont have real friends or friends that i can count on or friends that i can acutally call when im in jail, people end up dispising me because they think i have a lot of friends and a good life (because most of them have a perfect life) and i shouldnt be complaining...its messed up. whenever im hanging out with people i forget the sadness and become this another person. but when im alone all the thoughts and pain resurfaces and im my sad self again. i wonder if its like that with you.

SighX99 said:
whenever im hanging out with people i forget the sadness and become this another person. but when im alone all the thoughts and pain resurfaces and im my sad self again. i wonder if its like that with you.

Very like me...

Of course qualitative meaning is indeed more important than mere quantity, for anything more than transitory distraction.

Latest posts

Back