What are your favorite sad songs

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

emotionless

What songs do you like to listen to when you're sad and/or depressed? The songs I like to listen to are Dreaming With A Broken Heart by John Mayer, Cancer by My Chemical Romance, and Walk Like A Man by Frank Valli and the Four Seasons (I really liked the movie Heart and Souls). So... what songs do you like to listen to? When you're sad, that is...

Cloudy Now - Blackfield
Epidemic - Blackfield
Trough Her Eyes - Dream Theater
Disappear - Dream Theater
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Heartattack in a Layby - Porcupine Tree

Bet there are others, but those are the ones from my favorite bands

In Repair-Our Lady Peace
The Dance- Garth Brooks
Driven Under- Seether
Hurt- Nine Inch nails and Johnny Cash
Garbage-look so fine
Paranoid Abdroid- RadioHead
Better Than Me- Hinder
Coma White- Marilyn Manson
Medication-Garbage
Thief-Our Lady Peace
Knife Party-Deftones
King Heroin-James Brown
Sink To the Bottom With you-Fountains Of Wayne
( and a gazillion others lol, I could go all night!)

Mostly any song by " The Good Life " or " Cursive ".....and i try to stay away from the postal service's song " this place is a prison " because it usually doesnt help. ----but i mean besides them, i listen to alot of stuff....but lately...its been those two bands....( same singer in T.G.L. and Cursive, Fun fact ).

I likethose songs Krossknife mentioned such as Hurt by NIN and then Johnny Cash, and also anything by Pink Floyd.

It's funny, Pink Floyd music is so slow and thoughtful and dreamy, some might say it is depressing...but ironically it makes me feel better when I listen to it! I like Learning to Fly by Pink Floyd and all of the Division Bell.

I have heard of Dream Theatre but not Cursive or The Good Life. I'll check them out. Just so everyone knows you can listen to new bands free at Rhapsody.com (sign up for the free membership and you can listen to 25 free songs per month.) and even Yahoo Launch (less alternative bands, though, but you can see videos from cool bands. How about Garbage's cool video for "The World is Not Enough." Check it out on Yahoo launch and tell me what you think.

lonelygirl said:
I likethose songs Krossknife mentioned such as Hurt by NIN and then Johnny Cash, and also anything by Pink Floyd.

It's funny, Pink Floyd music is so slow and thoughtful and dreamy, some might say it is depressing...but ironically it makes me feel better when I listen to it! I like Learning to Fly by Pink Floyd and all of the Division Bell.

Good to see a Pink Floyd fan here! Dreamy is a pretty good word for them actually. That's what I like the most about them

I saw Roger Waters from Pink Floyd here in Stockholm last week. Best live performance I've ever seen ^^b

Hi Jeremi,

I LOVE how Pink Floyd creates images in your mind with music. For example at the beginning of Division Bell (I believe) there is the sound of a rowboat rowing slowly through the water. The music is so wonderful, dreamy, and creates a sort of imaginative state in the listener. You can picture yourself in another time, or another country, or another dimension in space. It's really quite beautiful.

What are some of your favorite songs? I know Learning to Fly is very popular but I think it's such a sad and yet beautiful piece of music.

I usually listen to Evanescence. I like My Immortal and Bring me to Life.

when i am stressed and feling so angry at the world ,life,god ,my ex,anything when i am angry it is LINKIN PARK

when i miss the love of my life i listen to
UNBREAK MY HEART - TONI BRAXTON
HAVE YOU EVER - BRANDY
MY IMMORTAL - EVANESNCE

some more i cant think atm tho

Man, any Soundgarden song from 1991 and onward. Beautiful, but man, if you read the lyrics......:(

1979-smashing pumpkins
fatally yours- alkaline trio
a better place a better time-streetlight manifesto
enjoy your day -alkaline trio

Janus said:
Man, any Soundgarden song from 1991 and onward. Beautiful, but man, if you read the lyrics......:(

I love Soundgarden. Chris Cornell have a beautiful voice. Superunknown is a classic album ^^

More sad songs
Down i a Hole - Alice in Chains
Space-Dye Vest - Dream Theater
Another Day - Dream Theater
The Answer Lies Within - Dream Theater
Don't Cry - Guns N' Roses
Hourglass -Liquid Tension Experiment
Black - Pearl Jam

Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam ... gotta love the Seattle bands.

Jeremi said:
Janus said:

I love Soundgarden. Chris Cornell have a beautiful voice. Superunknown is a classic album ^^

More sad songs
Down i a Hole - Alice in Chains
Space-Dye Vest - Dream Theater
Another Day - Dream Theater
The Answer Lies Within - Dream Theater
Don't Cry - Guns N' Roses
Hourglass -Liquid Tension Experiment
Black - Pearl Jam

Latest posts

Back