my lonely life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeVegas

Reaction score
So here it goes.
I'm 23, male, live i Las vegas but grew up in ny.

When I first got into high school i met my first love and it was the whole cheesy love at first sight. To this day i can't place what it was that clicked when i saw her but i knew she was for me. I spent the next year working out and doing all i could to get her attention. Just as all fairy tales go, just as i was giving up hope she opened herself to me and I was on top of the world. Everything in my life was as it should be. I had a large circle of friends, i had my youth, but most importantly i had her.
There was no doubt i would marry her.

Three years later she broke my heart. In disbeleif i watched as everything in my life changed. My large group of friends wittled down to a select few and all my self worth shattered. I made a few attepts to replace her but any relationship i formed lacked something. there is plenty of flesh to satisfy lust, but there seems to be no souls to love.

i slowly destroyed whatever few friendships i had left and only persued relationships that inevitably were self-destructive. The only hope i grasp onto is one day ill meet another. Another girl that will make my heart stop and ultimately inspire me to be the best i can for her.

I've lived off that hope for many years now. well 5 or 6 but thats a real long time when youre only 23.

some nights its worse than other. sometimes i feel completely numb to it. i couldn't care less if there is anyone else in the world. other times though...

other times when i lay alone i think about her. i remember. it hurts.

So i find myself alone, the same alone i was a year ago and the year before that. I cant help but worry that i'll lose track of the years, lose track of my youth and find myself as a lonely, bitter old man.

I will be alone as long as i hate myself, and i will hate myself as long as im alone.

I'm not sure how i stumbled onto this site and i don't expect anything from it but for some reason i needed to put all that out there. I apologize for any misspellings and such, I'm a mathmatician not a writer.

so thats me. --joe vegas

JoeVegas said:
there is plenty of flesh to satisfy lust, but there seems to be no souls to love.

wow, that is so well put. its exactly how i feel, too.

heretostay said:
JoeVegas said:
there is plenty of flesh to satisfy lust, but there seems to be no souls to love.

wow, that is so well put. its exactly how i feel, too.

**** I feel like this too :(

-------------------------------

I'm sorry about what happened to you Joe, it sounds hard...
If I were in your shoes i'd attempt to forget her and move on.

Idk, i just hate to think that you might spend needless years yearning over someone that isnt in your life anymore when there are other doors open to you that may lead to happiness.

She was human, fallible...there is room in your heart for another. Though please dont ask me how you might find your new love :p

Welcome to ALL. Please do pop into chat sometime :)

Hey and Welcome. Yes we now have a mathlete on the board. Come on honey you gotta come up evens.

TC

Latest posts

Back