girl suddenly says " oh I have a boyfriend"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innerpeace

Reaction score
what does this mean exactly.... I have a feeling she doesn't actually have a boyfriend. let me explain. I asked this girl in my class if she needs a ride to our fieldtrips and she said sure and I got a chance to talk to her a lot during these trips. then on the last trip I was taking her home I said hey want to hang out sometime she said oh what do you want ot do? I asked her what she likes to do on weekends and what she does and she seemed to get uncomfortable then and said oh well nothing really i go out with friends occasionally but nothing really. she also once mentioned that she had not met anyone or made friends with anyone really in teh 4 years of university. os I have a feeling she doesn't really have friends. she also doesn't have facebook, which doesn't really mean anything, she said she doesn't like people seeing what she does.

anyways after I asked her to hang out she said oh what do you want to do then she tried to change the subject and started talking about herself again..... anyways I think I asked her once again what she does in her city or whatever and I think she got pissed and she suddenly said " oh I hang out with my boyfriend sometimes" and I said oh you have a boyfriend? lol.

what do you guys think, did I piss her off or she just doesn't like me. I doubt she has a boyfriend and she wouldn't have brought it up until now. plus she was telling me how she is almost always at home.

anyways I'm going to leave her alone now and not call her or anything but I'll just say hi to her and talk to her when I see her in class.

girls are weird. i think a lot of them get boyfriends just so they can say they have one. ive met girls who havent seen their boyfriends in weeks. of their own choice. they post pictures and talk about him like theyre close, yet she never does anything with him. they normally break up with them or avoid them because they feel, hes to good for them, and deserves better. keep an eye out for them and youll notice one. just girls who arent ready to date but dont want to feel singled out. youre probably better off not with her. i dont think shes ready for a relationship.

it seems to follow that assertive and aggressive guys who persist on hitting on them, are normally the ones they go for when they feel they are ready to date. even though theyre not... the Hi and and talking plan would probably work pretty well. given time, and if youre emotionally stable enough to not 'expect' it to work. lol. otherwise it could lower your self esteem, trying so hard and getting nothing.

i would depend on trying for another girl if youre wanting a relationship soon. this one just doesnt seem ready.

I don't know I interpreted this as:

1.) she told me she has a boyfriend because she doesn't like me and didn't want me to phone her later to take her out. but then why would she agree to come on the fieldtrips with me, i'm sure she could sense I like her as I asked her to come with me and I could have easily asked any other girl in the class.

2.) I thought she got pissed at me for asking her what she does on the weekends etc. her reply was kind of odd she said oh you know I go to like birthday parties sometimes and thats it... to me it sounds like she doesnj't have friends or not many friends and she also said she is usually home. thought she may have said she has a boyfriend to get me to just backoff.

from the way she suddenly said oh I have a boyfriend right after I kept on asking her what she likes to do on weekends it seemed like she just made it up for a reason to get me to backoff.

yeah I think i'm not going to bother with her anymore but I'll just try to go and say hi and chat with her in class but won't call her after classes.

I sound a lot like this girl, if she's being honest, that is.

I don't tell people I have a boyfriend, even when the subject comes up, unless I am asked directly. OR I feel the other person is getting too attached to me (even though I haven't put on any moves) and I don't want to be the girl that leads them on. So I have an automatic obligation to tell them I am in a committed relationship. People will use anything against you to stir up drama and unnecessary confrontations that I am just not down for. It's happened to me in the past. That being said, I don't trust a majority of people :)

Social networks are the spawn of satan as far as drama goes. So, I don't have facebook, myspace, etc.

It takes me about a year+ before I am willing to just hang out with someone. So I'll make excuses not to spend time with them or if I just don't feel completely comfortable around them yet.

As for your situation, this girl could be lying or she could be telling the truth. Either way, she's obviously not looking for a romantic relationship with you (or can't because she's taken). It's up to you whether you stick around to keep this girl as a friend or just as an acquaintance.

It also wouldn't hurt to ask somebody if they are spoken for, especially if you are interested in pursuing a romantic relationship with that individual.

either she liked you and didnt tell you cause she liked you, the realized wait this is wrong and told you the truth or

she wanted to tell you all along so you wont get attached but didnt know how to tell you.

tis what i think

The above people are all wrong. It was "too much too soon" - you jumped in with the what are you doing on weekends.

Your instincts are probably correct - our gut feelings generally point out slight inconsistencies, and the key thing here was, why did she ask what you wanted to do before then backing down?

The other thing though is that you may simply not want her to have a boyfriend because you like her. The bottom line is, though, that the "I have a boyfriend" always means "take a step back" and the simple answer is that you asked too many questions.

Latest posts

Back