Had a dream last night that I kissed a girl for the first time.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
She was a dark haired, dark skinned beauty and she was crazy about me. We walked hand in hand, embraced and then kissed in such a passionate and meaningful way.

For the duration of the dream (however long that may've been), for once in my life I was convinced that a beautiful woman actually looked upon me with feelings of passion, love and lust. It was a feeling of sheer joy. Ecstasy even.

After that things become a little muddled, but we went back to my house and I introduced her to my parents. They loved her too.

When I woke up I realised she was nothing more than a fabrication of my dreams and all I had to show for it was a sore throat and a dry mouth.

As much as I enjoyed the dream, I hope it won't happen again as it ultimately gave me nothing more than disappointment.

Has anybody else on here had this kind of dream before??

No, but I do have dreams of strangers I don't seem to know every now and then, sometimes females, but they were never a romance type of dream, maybe I already fantasized and daydream them enough so that they don't happen in my dreams.

I did have a good time talking to these dream people, they seem to be nice people, didn't need introductions, we're just there together in the dream, like long known friends, I think they're nice dreams.

I daydream a lot and picture myself in a life with a loving wife and kids...does that count? The wife changes though depending on who I am infatuated with at the time.

i day dream a lot too. that's what keep me going. i think i may have had that dream once a long time ago. can't recall all the details. i think daydream either generate dream like that or they prevent them from happening.

Lawrens said:
No, but I do have dreams of strangers I don't seem to know every now and then, sometimes females, but they were never a romance type of dream, maybe I already fantasized and daydream them enough so that they don't happen in my dreams.

I did have a good time talking to these dream people, they seem to be nice people, didn't need introductions, we're just there together in the dream, like long known friends, I think they're nice dreams.

I've had a dream of my soul mate before... at least in the dream that's what she seemed like. It was the most wonderful complete feeling ever.

But it was just a dream, just the inside of my own head... and I felt complete. Maybe everything I need to feel whole is in myself.

Who knows... I once dreampt I was a.. well I won't get into my strange dreams. :p

I've never had a dream about my soulmate. I've had other dreams that have come true though :D

I take my dreams pretty seriously...I believe it's the only way that God speaks to me...if at all.

Most of my dreams are just how I feel about certain things in my life though.

-Soph

I've never had a dream about my soulmate. I've had other dreams that have come true though

I've had that happened too, but they were dreams about other people. When I was a teenager, before my brother had a girlfriend, I had a dream where I was traveling with my brother and a stranger girl who seems to be my brother's friend at an airport.
A few years later, he actually had a gf and we went on a vacation together traveling on a flight. Well they broke up after a while, but after that I had a similar dream of us 3 together but this time the girl was someone else, not long after that he met a new girl, and they hang out together just the same and identical to the dream I had.

I dreamed that one of my aunt passing away, but another aunt left instead in rl just a few weeks after. They're quite coincidental, but I find them amusing.

The only dream that came true about me is that I dreamed my brother ordering some noodles at a chinese restaurant, when I got up, my brother came home with a pack of chinese noodles from take-out, well I ate them, that's the only good dream that ever came true for me.

tons.....many involved a girl i was into at the time....a few kiss dreams but then in all the rest she seemed to not notice me, and sometimes shed look at me while walking away weird i know but hey dreams are dreams....but yea i know what you mean about disappointment.

You know, that was nice to read. I especially liked how you described what you were left with when you woke up (sore throat, dry mouth). The contrast between that and a delightful kiss is awesome. You should make an artsy short (video clip) of this and share it at youtube.

I've had dreams of me talking and basically hanging out with girls I know and some I dont. Sounds kind of boring, but I dont recall having any 'romantic' dreams.

CAS said:

I wish I couldn't relate to this as well as I can.

I have a recurring dream about a girl I used to talk to a lot online and met in person once. I've never been able to talk to anyone like I could her, or for as long. There seemed to be a thriving love between us, despite the distance, until she met me. But that's another thread. Suffice to say, it was awkward as fresia, and we did not hit it off at all; a stark contrast to our all-night-long talks and discussions and whisperings to one another across the distance between us. How odd to be infinitely far apart when we were finally so near together.

The dreams are always incredibly vivid. They come roughly every six months and seem to have some sort of progression. The first I ever had was a bit odd and involved me following beside her in some kind of store; I seemed to struggle through an invisible quagmire to keep pace with her. Tears streaked her face when she would steal an occasional sidelong glance back at me, causing her eyeliner to run (she wore little makeup, but she definitely knew how to use eyeliner right, oh man). I was trying to right some wrong I had done to her, and she wanted nothing of it. I remember her saying I had abandoned her in some way, telling me to leave, but I don't recall anything else.

I woke up in the late afternoon with a sharp gasp for breath. I was filled by a terrible sadness as if it had all been real. I had not asked for any of this to happen. I cried, and my chest ached with the same pain as my reddened eyeballs.

The most recent episode, many months ago, was at least pleasant to experience. It's very similar to what you have described and I'm glad to finally read a similar account. This same girl and I were laying on a bed in the afternoon. I remember the sun coming through the window blinds in thin beams. Portions of her hair shone golden in the sunlight. She always had beautiful hair.

We were just talking; somehow we had run in to each other by chance, and by dream logic we ended up on that bed. Clothed; only talking. She was telling me how she'd broken up with her boyfriend months ago, and how she had missed me (everything I've always wanted to hear). In the dream I thought nothing of it; I still wasn't to her liking, she was just talking to me because she's nice like that. She went silent. I looked over at her and she was staring at me with those slate-blue eyes of hers. I'll never forget those eyes. Her hand found mine, and she smiled. Not an adulterous smile, nor a sly one. Just...a genuine, warm smile. And I realized what she'd been trying to say. She wanted me. And the time was now.

The moment took us and she was on me in one fluid motion. She was warm, soft. Sensual. An infinite cascade of silky golden strands tumbled down around us in the lazy afternoon light. I felt her breath on my face, like a warm gentle breeze when you're lounging under a shade tree and the day is just right. And there's no houses or highways for miles, and all you hear is the wind in the grass and the sound of lazy summer birds, and for at least a square mile around you there ain't a **** thing wrong with the world. And those eyes, that locking gaze which could have melted the deepest winter freeze with a glance, or frozen time with a long enough stare. My hand found her hip, hers rested around my head. We embraced, and our mouths came together sweet as clover honey. It was ecstasy, it was passion, it was perfect. A thousand years of desire fulfilled.

And so it stands to reason that I would wake up.

I was in shock at first. I slammed my eyes back shut. I wanted so bad to be asleep again and dreaming; to be there forever and never come back to the real world. But it was futile. I had blinked and she was gone. Good morning, reality...I just couldn't wait to see you again.

The first two times this happened (there was an episode between this and the first recollection above; a dark event that brought me to this website), I wished that visage would stop haunting me. The dreams were pain anew; not whiny, angsty teen kind of pain. Genuine pain, right in my chest, otherwise associated with a myocardial infarction. I've felt it other times, during deep bouts of depression and anxiety; but these periods were the worst.

But this third instance was different. I was overcome with disappointment and the same sadness as before, this time with a sense of loss. A strong sense of loss for something I could have never fathomed experiencing, much less being torn from just as it was starting. Except this time I couldn't cry, if I recall. That feeling just stuck with me all day the way it always does. And in to the next day, and the next. Food tasted worse. Nothing was as enjoyable as it usually is for a good three days.

That time it was only sad once I was awake. If a man is allowed a happy place to which he can escape to in his thoughts, some secret thought or fantasy to keep him going in the bleakest of circumstances, that is mine. I wish many nights to see her again in my dreams with that vivid sensation. To pick up right where we left off. But they seem to come in increasingly long intervals; the first two were about 4 months between. The third about 6 months later. It has been longer than that since then.

I have not dreamed of her since. Part of me is glad, but the other part fears I'll never feel again what I felt in that third dream. A fear that I will never know that feeling, in this world or that one. Indeed, a fear that maybe I'll never be able to build that sort of closeness in my life; but also another, more difficult to grasp fear, that I'll never be able to feel such soaring highs with any living person as I did in that ephemeral, fleeting time and place, with the specter of a girl, or at least my idea of a girl, who was once so dear.

I had a dream like that last night. My dreams are always so weird and hard to explain, but I'll give it a shot.

I was about to enter my apartment (a place I've never seen before) and I heart some noice coming from inside and I was like "What the hell", and I opened the door and I saw this girl behind it. She was my best friend in the dream. I was pretty cool about her being in my apartment. No idea what she was doing there though. I said to her that I thought there was a burglar in the apartment, and she laughed about it. Then for some reason she wasn't my best friend. She was my girlfriend and I loved her. I gave her a very smooth kiss. It was nice! Then we were living toghether and we talked to her best friend about something and my dad was there talking about fixing the floor in the apartment. I woke up around then. It sounds so random and weird when I write it, and it usually is, but it was a great dream. Especially when I kissed her. I've never seen her before, and I don't really remember what she looked like. Kind of like a girl I used to work with. She was taller than me though. What's up with that?

Brian said:
I have not dreamed of her since. Part of me is glad, but the other part fears I'll never feel again what I felt in that third dream. A fear that I will never know that feeling, in this world or that one. Indeed, a fear that maybe I'll never be able to build that sort of closeness in my life; but also another, more difficult to grasp fear, that I'll never be able to feel such soaring highs with any living person as I did in that ephemeral, fleeting time and place, with the specter of a girl, or at least my idea of a girl, who was once so dear.

I know exactly what you mean.

I'm new here... I found this site in a late-night attempt to settle the lonely feeling after watching a romantic movie. And I'm glad I found this thread, and your post, because I can relate.

I've had my fair share of sexual dreams, most consisting only of a brief kiss, but sometimes they were longer and a few times I've experienced sex in dreams. Each time I have one of these dreams, I wake up first feeling satisfied, happy and peaceful. Then I realize that what I had just thought I experienced was only a dream, and I sink back into my lonely thoughts yet again.

To echo what you said, Brian, I fear that I'll never experience these lovely things with a real man. I even wrote a song about it once; and trust me, I'm not a song-writer.

And, to top it off, I'm reassured by my friends that when I finally find someone "real," he'll be "perfect" because it's "karma," and apparently that's the way life works.

Do you want to know what I think about that?

It's bull. Complete and utter lies.

So, I don't want to lie to you and tell you everything is going to be okay. Because honestly, none of us can ever be sure of that. I certainly can't. I just wanted to let you know that I'm in your boat too. You're not alone, and you certainly are not the only one having such intense and emotional dreams about a person you care for deeply.

I do not know how much comfort this will give you, but I know that the posts on this thread, especially yours, have helped me realize that I'm not alone... Maybe, just maybe, someday, we lonely people will find each other and fill that huge black hole present in our hearts.

Best,
D

I too have had such a dream but it only makes me more depressed because it is a dream and nothing more. I've had dreams of kissing someone I really loved from the way the dream felt but I remember nothing more. But it ends up being a dream and nothing more.Which makes me feel like thats the closest I'll ever come to feeling that way about something or someone.

Brian said:
CAS said:

I wish I couldn't relate to this as well as I can.

I have a recurring dream about a girl I used to talk to a lot online and met in person once. I've never been able to talk to anyone like I could her, or for as long. There seemed to be a thriving love between us, despite the distance, until she met me. But that's another thread. Suffice to say, it was awkward as fresia, and we did not hit it off at all; a stark contrast to our all-night-long talks and discussions and whisperings to one another across the distance between us. How odd to be infinitely far apart when we were finally so near together.

The dreams are always incredibly vivid. They come roughly every six months and seem to have some sort of progression. The first I ever had was a bit odd and involved me following beside her in some kind of store; I seemed to struggle through an invisible quagmire to keep pace with her. Tears streaked her face when she would steal an occasional sidelong glance back at me, causing her eyeliner to run (she wore little makeup, but she definitely knew how to use eyeliner right, oh man). I was trying to right some wrong I had done to her, and she wanted nothing of it. I remember her saying I had abandoned her in some way, telling me to leave, but I don't recall anything else.

I woke up in the late afternoon with a sharp gasp for breath. I was filled by a terrible sadness as if it had all been real. I had not asked for any of this to happen. I cried, and my chest ached with the same pain as my reddened eyeballs.

The most recent episode, many months ago, was at least pleasant to experience. It's very similar to what you have described and I'm glad to finally read a similar account. This same girl and I were laying on a bed in the afternoon. I remember the sun coming through the window blinds in thin beams. Portions of her hair shone golden in the sunlight. She always had beautiful hair.

We were just talking; somehow we had run in to each other by chance, and by dream logic we ended up on that bed. Clothed; only talking. She was telling me how she'd broken up with her boyfriend months ago, and how she had missed me (everything I've always wanted to hear). In the dream I thought nothing of it; I still wasn't to her liking, she was just talking to me because she's nice like that. She went silent. I looked over at her and she was staring at me with those slate-blue eyes of hers. I'll never forget those eyes. Her hand found mine, and she smiled. Not an adulterous smile, nor a sly one. Just...a genuine, warm smile. And I realized what she'd been trying to say. She wanted me. And the time was now.

The moment took us and she was on me in one fluid motion. She was warm, soft. Sensual. An infinite cascade of silky golden strands tumbled down around us in the lazy afternoon light. I felt her breath on my face, like a warm gentle breeze when you're lounging under a shade tree and the day is just right. And there's no houses or highways for miles, and all you hear is the wind in the grass and the sound of lazy summer birds, and for at least a square mile around you there ain't a **** thing wrong with the world. And those eyes, that locking gaze which could have melted the deepest winter freeze with a glance, or frozen time with a long enough stare. My hand found her hip, hers rested around my head. We embraced, and our mouths came together sweet as clover honey. It was ecstasy, it was passion, it was perfect. A thousand years of desire fulfilled.

And so it stands to reason that I would wake up.

I was in shock at first. I slammed my eyes back shut. I wanted so bad to be asleep again and dreaming; to be there forever and never come back to the real world. But it was futile. I had blinked and she was gone. Good morning, reality...I just couldn't wait to see you again.

The first two times this happened (there was an episode between this and the first recollection above; a dark event that brought me to this website), I wished that visage would stop haunting me. The dreams were pain anew; not whiny, angsty teen kind of pain. Genuine pain, right in my chest, otherwise associated with a myocardial infarction. I've felt it other times, during deep bouts of depression and anxiety; but these periods were the worst.

But this third instance was different. I was overcome with disappointment and the same sadness as before, this time with a sense of loss. A strong sense of loss for something I could have never fathomed experiencing, much less being torn from just as it was starting. Except this time I couldn't cry, if I recall. That feeling just stuck with me all day the way it always does. And in to the next day, and the next. Food tasted worse. Nothing was as enjoyable as it usually is for a good three days.

That time it was only sad once I was awake. If a man is allowed a happy place to which he can escape to in his thoughts, some secret thought or fantasy to keep him going in the bleakest of circumstances, that is mine. I wish many nights to see her again in my dreams with that vivid sensation. To pick up right where we left off. But they seem to come in increasingly long intervals; the first two were about 4 months between. The third about 6 months later. It has been longer than that since then.

hey Brian.

i wish i had the right words to tell you this, but i am not good with language, so forgive me if i get it all totally wrong.

there are very few times that you can truly feel what someone else feels, and live their existence, even for a short while. i don't remember reading something as evocative, as beautiful and sadly, as... well, painful i guess, as this.

(hug)

write more dear. you have a gift for it, and i hope you know it.

thank you for sharing.

and i hope you will find her one day. not the actual girl you met, but the person that will be to you what the ephemeral idea of your dreams have been. i wish you never had to go through this kind of pain.

I've had dreams that I'm driving down roads singing along to some songs and like months later I'm driving down the same road with the same songs on and it feels really weird like I've lived it already before, or like having a dream of being in a place where I have no clue where I am, I've never seen it before but I walk around and look at stuff in the dream and wonder where I am, then years later I see the place I had a dream about and it feels really familiar and strange, like how can my brain come up with images its never seen before?

Latest posts

Back