Lonely as a caged animal

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. I'm a 25-year-old male from Virginia.

I've been a very lonely person for some time now, probably about 5 years, and it began near the end of my program at college. One reason I find this forum appealing is that for 5 years I have been unable to really TALK about this with my [few] friends and family; any time I have ever vocalized my feelings of loneliness it has been accompanied by vulnerability, humiliation, and a possible lack of understanding from the other party ("Oh, well, you need to get out more").

Getting out more is not the problem, as I can be in a room filled with lively, laughing people and feel a certain chill, a certain emptiness, a disconnect. So... I think I'm lonely because I have an extreme difficulty in connecting emotionally with other people. Or because I don't know how yet. Or because I'm not good at using whatever "connecting" skills I have. Or because it's possible that people find me cold, boring, unappealing, arrogant, overly-sensitive, withdrawn, or any other socially undesirable characteristic.

I overly analyze myself and that's not exactly something enjoyable when pervasive loneliness is crushing me. Hopefully I'll be able to talk with some other people on here and perhaps come to some kind of catharsis or realization on this problem that is truly a hell to live with.

Much love.

welcome to ALL!

I really like your avatar. Sorry you feel misunerstood irl :( *hug*

Chat.alonelylife.com this is our chatroom

Hopefully you'll find the answers you're searching for here. :)

Thomas Crystalstick said:
Bah. Avatars aside, it's nice to meet another reader of Nietzsche. ;)

I dont read Nietzche i just liked this quote :3 sowwie

hey welcome to you
but i just saw a picture of Nietzsche and it looks like he wore his beard where his mustache should have been. heehe. just thought that was funny. hope i did not offend the fans.
i respect the philosopher though.....
just thought i'd poke some fun
my highlight for the day

Hi Folks ,
This is Poll, I have finished my studies this
year itself. I am staying in Sydney. Glad to introduce myself
in this site. And pleased to meet all the other members
of this site. :)

Latest posts

Back