What do You want to improve in Your life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Robin

Allright, i've been around this place long enough to see that there are all kinds of mixed up situations in every corner of it, but also that many of these people haven't had much help until they got here! As it is quite time consuming to help each person one at a time (especially if You get so caught up You can't stop for a few hours) i would like to fire a flare across the sky to simply ask everyone (interested) what they actually would like to achieve by coming here so we all could get updated a little more accurately how everyone are feeling.

I usually don't read through threads of depression and calling for help if there already are 10 replies to it, but most of the people's threads i have replied to haven't given me an answer yet of how they are doing.

You might wonder why the heck i posted something like this for everyone to see and all i can say is the one and only truth; i didn't get here to help myself but to help others as good as i can. I don't see this as some little unimportant dot in the giant that is the internet, but as a very important place for many people which i, amongst probably ever other person here, believe is an excellent idea in general! And i think there are some other people here as well who came here for the only reason to help and would like to know which these people are.

How are You doing and why are You here? Short and concise posts to leave more space for others. Nothing unimportant like flaming or talking crap or so in here, please! If You don't like this idea nobody are interested to to read Your thoughts about it, so keep out and send me a private message if You got something to say.

Hi Robin,

I want to decide between having a gastric bypass surgery for weight loss or a gastric banding surgery. What are your thoughts?

LG, I think I've actually read about gastric bypass being fatal. I'm a firm believer of the tried and true method of HIIT and proper dieting, but that's just me.

I'm here because I lost my best friend; someone who was such an important part of my life but I never realized that. I gave her up to make my girlfriend happy. But she gives up none of her friends that make us unhappy. But while I was here I realized there are other people and have tried to help them. Whether or not I succeeded remains to be seen.

I'm not doing well... I have no one at all to talk to and no one that will listen. I have to cope with the possible chance of teen pregnancy, and now I have to not only get a job to provide for myself and my father, but possibly for my girlfriend and our baby. No one knows yet, since we are giving it another week to be positive. And to think, I was a 3.8 GPA student, taking 12th grade and college-level classes at the 10th grade (my next year).

lonely girl~ my cousin got a gastric bypass. she lost a ton of weight, but had an overwhelming amount of skin left over. she was still very unhappy, and ended up going to a very unhealthy place. your skin isn't very forgiving when you experience rapid weight loss/gain. unless you have the money to remove the skin after the surgery, i would strongly recommend using a personal trainer and a nutritionist. It takes longer, but the rewards are much greater. I know from experience that keeping a steady diet/exercise routine is a really difficult thing, and seeing results seems like it takes forever. A GREAT personal trainer should be able to help you unless you have a medical disorder. don't give up girl i'm rooting for you;)

lonelygirl said:
Hi Robin,

I want to decide between having a gastric bypass surgery for weight loss or a gastric banding surgery. What are your thoughts?

So that's why You're here? Eh, well, i don't even know what those two operations are supposed to do, my english ins't that developed in the healthcare area. You seem to have quite some feeback already, lucky me. ;)

CrumbDog seem to know quite alot about this and as it seems from his description, this has something to do with a weight problem, is that correct? Believe me, even though Your name says something else, i were very sure You were one of the people who got here just to help others; as helpful and active You are, i mean.

Of course i could talk to You if You feel it would make You feel better somehow, but i think You would know better if i'm anywhere close to be able to do so.

I BUMP THIS BECAUSE NICOLE IS A WUSSY!

read: nicole wants this to be bumped and doesnt dare to

i want to improve my english skills

HGwells said:
I BUMP THIS BECAUSE NICOLE IS A WUSSY!

read: nicole wants this to be bumped and doesnt dare to

i want to improve my english skills

WTF!?!?!?! I did not want to bump it!!!! I wanted to start a new one that was kinda like it!!!! hahaha!

And it was TheRealCallie that dared me....and I didn't take it!

But yes, I would like to improve my life by finding a place I fit in better.

I want to be more muscular. Not outrageous, just healthy and toned. I'm making strength gains, but not where I want to be yet.

I want to be smarter.

I want to better with finances, and actually start knowing how to good money. This is not out of ego or greed, but out of a desire to not live my life revolving around money problems. I want my life to revolve around my interests, with the only constraints being in my mind.

I just want to be stronger and smarter than my problems in general.

I want to be more interesting, exciting, playful, and fun.

I want to be more creative, imaginative, and artistic. I want to be a better writer, illustrator, and guitarist.

I want to be a more attractive man. I want to give someone butterflies. I want to be able to show someone a good time and actually have fun with me. I want to have real conversations and make some stand-out memories. I want to live a more vibrant life.

I want to stop isolating myself when I feel bad. I have gotten better, but still need work.

JustSomeGal said:
I want to stop isolating myself when I feel bad. I have gotten better, but still need work.

I hear you.

I also need to stop burning bridges but unfortunately I have hard times feeling that thing people call "love" so I don't see the point of putting effort into difficult relationships (which seems to be kind of relationships I always get) so I'm sort of friendless and single at the moment thanks to that.

After a really long self-reflection, I decided to again kinda "switch jobs". Or rather, maybe not job, cause this is a really long study, but in the end what I really like is philosophy, so I'm going to study that from now on. I always told myself it was useless because it wouldn't bring me a job, but well, that doesn't matter as I have one now. So what is the point?
1) I will meet people whom I actually can share interests with.
2) I will do something I actually like.
3) I can now view the future in a more positive light.
4) I'm certainly not going to give myself any serious hope there, I'm way too picky when it comes down to it (lol...) but, the idea that it's not 100% impossible that I could meet someone I could love there, is not a bad thing at all.

Latest posts

Back