Feeling ill all the time, sleeping way too much etc.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
I just never seem to feel healthy any more. Everything I do seems like a massive effort even down to the simplest thing such as taking a shower (although I do every day).

The time over here is 9.49 in the evening (time of writing) and I've just woken up from a five hour sleep. I still feel tired and want to go to bed again.

I'm 22 and I probably feel less energetic and more unhealthy than a 50 year old. I've been to a doctor about this and he is totally uninterested.

What girl's going to ever want me when I'm like this? Nobody in their right mind.

I get more lazy and feeling more tired the less I do. What do you do in the day? Do you have work/college or hobbies you can be getting on with? The more you do in the day, you're more than likely to start sleeping at a usual time at night.

Maybe try get yourself into a routine, only sleep at the night time instead of in the day aswell. And keep to it. Get out more, go for walks and get some fresh air.

Also what sort of foods do you eat? There are certain foods that help sustain energy levels for longer.

What exactly did your doctor say? Oh and are you on any medications that could be making you feel this way?

Hey Kelbo!!

Well at the moment I don't do much as I'm unemployed. I totally get what you're saying about the more you do during the day the more likely you are to sleep at normal times.

I try to keep a relatively good diet.

I'm on Citalopram anti-depressant medication so that may be something to do with it too I guess.

My doctor just told me to exercise which I do anyway.

I'm fricken tired all the time, feel like zombie during the day... it's cause i sleep too much. I'll wake up around noonish and be totaly not tired, but just don't want to be awake, so i go back to sleep.

lately my dreams have been feeling more real then my life... and i wake up just not wanting to be awake... it's pretty shitty...i need to get a **** job...

It's going to sound stupid, but trust me...it makes sense:

When you just sit around or mostly remain immobile while you're awake, all you're really doing is letting chemicals pool in your cells. Your body is constructed to be moving and active for MOST of the day. When you don't move at all, your cells and circulatory system don't work as they should...which causes those chemicals to pool and fester...and just basically cause those aches and tiredness.

Like I said, it sounds weird, but the key to getting rid of the tiredness is to exert yourself. You have to get those chemicals moving again, get your heart pumping as fast as you can. It seriously works, too. When you go running, yeah, you'll feel sore a little from running...but it's a soreness that feels a lot better than the aching-tired pain of sleeping all day. Besides, if you exercise regularly like this, the soreness from moving around so much goes away and pretty soon you feel great, physically, mentally, and emotionally!

It's amazing how such a simple thing can make such a difference, but it does. Go running (as fast and hard as you can) for 20-30 minutes in the morning (or whenever you get up). Don't believe me? Just try it for a week or so and see if it helps. If it doesn't, you can always just ignore me and try something else. Hope that made some sense! :D

----Steve

Go and get your iron levels checked you sound like you are anaemic, I had it and would be so tired that I'd fall asleep in class nothing could keep me awake.

Shame on your doctor for not thinking about this simple test.

Latest posts

Back