I've decided to make some changes in my lifestyle.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
1. Cutting down dramatically on my drinking. I was drinking continuously for 13 hours the other day and I'm now scared of what it's doing to my internal organs. Alcohol is something I use to fill a hole in my life and not only does it not work, it makes me more angry and more selfish than I am sober.

2. Better diet. Fresh fish, fruit, white meat will all be incorporated into my diet as substitutes for the garbage I usually eat. More tap water, less fizzy drinks too.

3. Cut down on cigarettes. I'm not ready to totally quit just yet, but I do plan to reduce my intake from my usual 10 a day down to 5.

4. Less anger towards myself and other people. I need to let go of my anger and concentrate on being happy. Quite how I will do this I'm not sure, but it somehow needs to be done as I can't carry on like this.

So what do you think? Achievable?

Its pretty cool man. Take some nicotine chewing gum as alternative if you find it hard to quit smoking. That might work.

Sounds like you have figured out the right path for you. It is achievable and commendable. Now you have to have the ability and drive to follow through.

And while i agree with your outlook on the drinking and how it doesnt work to fill that void and such long term, it sure does seem to help me short term right now. So more beer for me! Besides seems to be the only way i can fall asleep these days, yay me.

Latest posts

Back