How to know if two shy people like each other

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abandonedwolf

Reaction score
I'm very shy and someone could obviously like me but I would never notice. If most are like this how can they tell that they like each other

at some point you just feel like any kind of rejection, or anything at all cannot possibly be more painful than not having them know.

sometimes, after, you are sure you are wrong.
but you try again.

crash and burn.

abandonedwolf said:
I'm very shy and someone could obviously like me but I would never notice. If most are like this how can they tell that they like each other

I'm shy too before getting to know someone, and when I like someone I'm even more shy. I guess blushing's the biggest giveaway. :shy:tee hee But when he's shy too it's tough b/c shy people tend to avoid each other. Also, when I like a boy I tend to stay far away from him among a group of people, but still am angled perfectly to watch his facial expressions. And I realized a lot of guys who are cautious, yet really like a girl act the same way; staying a distance from her, but angled toward her body. It means they take an interest and want to get a good view.

haha this is the worst thing. you like a girl but can't say it cause you're shy. She can't say it cause you're shy. Congratulations, you've missed out on something nice.

oarivan said:
Congratulations, you've missed out on something nice.

Haha nice. :p

Yeah...it's ok to be shy, but sometimes a dude just needs to show he has balls and actually GO FOR IT.

----Steve

Yea i can understand this one and oarivan you are right my friend! I have missed out on it before and im trying to not let that happen right now but we are in the its weird between us stage so im not even sure how to stop that lol

I recently become a fan of "carpe diem" which means "seize the day". I'm a very shy person and I still have trouble with talking to females. This saying helps me everyday because I now take risks that I wouldn't half taken a year ago. Rejection is a part of life but if you never confront the girl and tell her how you feel, you will spend your time and energy thinking of what could have been. Take the chance even if you don't like the response, life goes on!

I'm shy too before getting to know someone, and when I like someone I'm even more shy. I guess blushing's the biggest giveaway. :shy:tee hee But when he's shy too it's tough b/c shy people tend to avoid each other. Also, when I like a boy I tend to stay far away from him among a group of people, but still am angled perfectly to watch his facial expressions. And I realized a lot of guys who are cautious, yet really like a girl act the same way; staying a distance from her, but angled toward her body. It means they take an interest and want to get a good view.

Lol thats really funny because that is almost exactly how it is with a girl i know at the moment, also whenever we walk places or its a situation where you can have a 1 on 1 conversation she gravitates towards me somehow and always ends up walking by me but we are both very shy and cannot converse easily, even though we know for a fact we have similar interests. I really dont know if she is just being friendly or has some kind of other like of me as she has a boyfriend already who is a friend of mine. But when we are in the social group she does exactly as you said and kind of always stands in a position where she can just about see me or stands behind someone/something. She is very confusing as i probably am to her. lol

You need to face your fears.

You know; Shyness is just the fear of a negative reaction or consequence.

So over come this fear, take a 'who cares' attidude towards meeting someone new. It will work so many wonders once conquered, you will not even notice anymore that you even had a shyness problem to begin with.

It can be frustrating. I'm really shy, especially when it comes to someone I really like. It will take me a very long time before I express my feelings. If ever. Usually I'm waiting for some hint or sign that the other person likes me first, but these signs can be hidden when the other person is shy too.

I'm trying my best to quit all the crazy signal and sign crap and to just be upfront and honest with people. Blunt if I have to be. I'm just worried that will send a shy person running for the hills, because I know I get intimidated by people's blunt feelings.

tehdreamer said:
I'm trying my best to quit all the crazy signal and sign crap and to just be upfront and honest with people. Blunt if I have to be. I'm just worried that will send a shy person running for the hills, because I know I get intimidated by people's blunt feelings.

Sometimes I think blunt is the best way to go. It's definitely my style of doing things. :p

Latest posts

Back