don't want to go back to school.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

am I an idiot?

• Total voters

Eyelyisa

Reaction score
I was recently moved to different classes for "troublemaker" kids. That killed my self esteem since I always thought I was good. :( And my parents are mad. I have no friends in these classes... and during lunchtime etc when I go hang out with my usual friends... it's weird, like I'm more distant from them now. It's like I don't have any best friends anymore.

I really don't want to go back to school after the holidays. I hate my classes so much... :(

If you don't understand my post just ask questions.

I assume you are in highschool?

Dont sweat the small stuff. Highschool in general is just a piece of paper anymore. Make sure you get that piece of paper...nothing else really matters and life goes on once you're out. If I had been able to put highschool in to proper perspective when I was actually in it, ie realizing that it's a very short amount of time and isn't worth fretting about, I might've been able to tolerate it more and stay in to finish. Maybe.

Having my GED hasn't really hurt my long term goals, but for people who want to go to good universities, go in to the armed forces (especially high-end programs like the Navy Nuclear field), or have a better 'first job', a GED isn't the best choice. I can still go in to the military because of my college credits, but if I had no college they would most likely refuse me, and no matter how much college I have I can't go in to the Nuclear Program in the Navy if it was something I wanted to do.

Not sure what impact it'll have on my college in the future. I imagine they prefer graduates, but maybe my existing college credits will help that.

Besides getting that diploma, highschool doesn't matter. Your friends don't matter, whether or not people like you doesn't matter. The path to getting that diploma, whether it's honors english or 'alternative' classes, doesn't matter (much) as long as you get the diploma. Just remember that and try to put it in perspective. Six or seven years from now you aren't gonna care as long as you strive for success and work hard.

That seemed like an eternity then. It might for you, too. But now six years doesn't seem that long because it's a relatively smaller span of my life.

Thanks Brian, and AFrozenSoul. Yeah I'm in high school.. i'll try really hard to stick with it. The thing I hate the most though is when they ask us to get in groups or go in pairs. I'm usually with no one and the teacher has to put me in a group... it's embarrassing. I just wish I was invisible and didn't have to do it aha. There's only 3 other girls in the class, and they're sluts. I talked to them sometimes and they kept asking me questions like "do you drink?" "do you smoke" knowing I'll say "no" so they can laugh at me.

Eyelyisa said:
I'm usually with no one and the teacher has to put me in a group... it's embarrassing.

Yeah, I always had that problem, too.

Eyelyisa said:
There's only 3 other girls in the class, and they're sluts. I talked to them sometimes and they kept asking me questions like "do you drink?" "do you smoke" knowing I'll say "no" so they can laugh at me.

So laugh back and tell them you don't need to, like a snob. Be really snarky about it. Because you're better than them and they deserve your scorn.

I'm not a big fan of school. But high school, tough it out. It will be worth it in the end. Graduate for yourself, if not anyone else. I wasn't going to finish myself, but I graduated for my mom.

To be honest Brian I don't want them to hate me. It'd be so much easier if they were just my friends in those classes. But I don't know. Maybe if you were there and saw how it was like you'd agree.

VanillaCreme, that's nice. Yeah I want to graduate for my family too.

High school isn't real life. Just remember that during your worst moments. Sure, there are some dipshits who continue on for the rest of their life like they did in high school...but not many. Just be content with knowing from THOSE WHO HAVE LIVED THROUGH IT that the drama and stupid mindless crap pretty much ends after high school...and if it doesn't end, you can ignore it or go somewhere where it HAS ended. Ahhhhh freedom. :p

It's important to graduate...so just keep your eye on the goal and keep going. :) You'll be fine, I think. You seem like a nice girl, so no worries. Just remember who you are and remember that the drama does fade when you're through. :)

Eyelyisa said:
I don't want them to hate me. It'd be so much easier if they were just my friends in those classes. But I don't know. Maybe if you were there and saw how it was like you'd agree.

Do you need them to be your friends? From what you have written it seems that you have a different lifestyle from those other girls, and they like to make fun of you about it. In my opinion if they had any interest in becoming friends then they wouldn't be making fun of you like that.

I know how you feel about groups. If I wasn't in class with one of my few friends then the teacher would always have to find a group for me to join. I never liked High School, but like the others have said the important part is to tough it out and graduate. I almost didn't make it through myself, but you have to keep reminding yourself that your doing it for your future.

Badjedidude said:
High school isn't real life. Just remember that during your worst moments. Sure, there are some dipshits who continue on for the rest of their life like they did in high school...but not many. Just be content with knowing from THOSE WHO HAVE LIVED THROUGH IT that the drama and stupid mindless crap pretty much ends after high school...and if it doesn't end, you can ignore it or go somewhere where it HAS ended. Ahhhhh freedom. :p

It's important to graduate...so just keep your eye on the goal and keep going. :) You'll be fine, I think. You seem like a nice girl, so no worries. Just remember who you are and remember that the drama does fade when you're through. :)

You know, I actually agree with this. There's a bigger goal here than being best friends with twits. And that's bettering yourself and your future. It's your name on that diploma, not theirs. That's your paper saying you made it through. Not theirs. Don't let them interfere with that. People think all too often they can own moments in other people's lives. Don't let them.

There can be no weariness oh but in business of time can appropriate relax myself to see this

(*Sales link removed*)

Latest posts

Back