Do you have pets?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isthatso

Trannie
Reaction score
I've got a dog. Hes a 15 year old corgi / border collie cross.
Love him to death. Since the wife passed last year, he's my main focus. I probably spoil him. Walk him twice a day ( just short ones) to keep him agile. His vet bills are starting to hurt. Plus the monthly injection cost for his arthritis. I swear those vets are making a fortune on our addiction to pets.
I worry about him when I go out . He tends to not hold his bladder very long these days. Plus he is inside 99% of the time.
Sometimes I think I use him as an excuse not to get things done. Like build a social life outside.
Still his beautiful nature helps me daily . He has helped with grief. But one day I will be grieving him. Oh dear.

That's a really cute dog.
And he looks real alert too, especially for is age.
Hope you get a few more years with him.

Not right now. We had to put my Dad's cat, Felix, down before we moved across Canada earlier this year. He was 20 years old and would never have handled such a long trip - he was struggling as well, had lost a lot of weight in the last couple of months and was going downhill. Doesn't make it any easier. I've always had cats in my life - ever since I was a little child. To me, a house doesn't feel like a home unless there's a cat. I'm not entirely sure I want to get another cat right now though. We live next to a country highway and there's enough traffic that it would be dangerous for a cat. Yes - I could have an indoor cat, though I'm one of those people that think cats should have access to the outdoors. A leash might be a possibility, but there's a big part of me that cringes at the thought of cats on leashes. :unsure: o_O

Felix.jpg

I've had pets, mostly cats over the years, and 1 snake. I don't have any pets anymore though. I decided after enough of them between my childhood and middle to late 20s that while I appreciate the affection and relationship with them that I'm not up to the additional responsibilities anymore like I was when I was younger. So, I just don't have any anymore. Maybe someday down the line I'll have a pet again.

that I'm not up to the additional responsibilities anymore like I was when I was younger. So, I just don't have any an
Exactly. This is my last pet. My last dog.
The main problem is vet bills. Because I obsess over giving them the best possible life.
But the other issue is they consume my time and attention. I worry about them too much when I'm not home .
And this dog was not mine originally anyway.

Latest posts

Back