New Old Member Back Again

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SophiaGrace

Reaction score
Hello, ALL!

I don’t know if anyone remembers me anymore but I used to be on here for like a decade.

I am back!

What prompted me to come back is my last friend from ALL stopped responding to me via Discord and I’m worried something happened to her. She hasn’t responded to me for over a year.

Her usename on here was SierraLynn (i think??) and she is from Missouri/Missippi.

I would like to know if any of you know if she is still alive or what.

I want to know that she is okay.

Hey Sophia. I remember you. Sadly I don't recall a SierraLynn. I don't keep in touch with any old members, really. I think Callie keeps in touch with most of the old members though, and perhaps new ones.

I hope your friend is okay too; that's a bit of a time to not hear from some one.

Hope things have been going alright.

Hey Sophia. I remember you. Sadly I don't recall a SierraLynn. I don't keep in touch with any old members, really. I think Callie keeps in touch with most of the old members though, and perhaps new ones.

I hope your friend is okay too; that's a bit of a time to not hear from some one.

Hope things have been going alright.
Yeah - the last time I didn’t hear from her it was because something happened to her.

I hope someone is still in touch with her. She changes her phone number so often.

I remember you too btw. At least your username.

Yeah - the last time I didn’t hear from her it was because something happened to her.

I hope someone is still in touch with her. She changes her phone number so often.

I remember you too btw. At least your username.
You'll have to get in touch with Callie, if you haven't already. She's got the goods.

A year is a while for some one to disappear for, yeah. At least with an online friendship, the chances are higher they've just lost access to the internet, and are perhaps still around, somewhere.

As for this place, some time a few years ago, the website has changed owners: they changed the forum software, we all lost our, 'reputation,' messages and points, the stickied threads were unstickied :( ... and this place isn't quite as hopping as it used to be. Still about 15-20 regular forum goers at any time though.

Anyway, nice to see a familiar name, hope things have been okay. Pretty wild trip this passage of time stuff, heh. :)

You'll have to get in touch with Callie, if you haven't already. She's got the goods.

A year is a while for some one to disappear for, yeah. At least with an online friendship, the chances are higher they've just lost access to the internet, and are perhaps still around, somewhere.

As for this place, some time a few years ago, the website has changed owners: they changed the forum software, we all lost our, 'reputation,' messages and points, the stickied threads were unstickied :( ... and this place isn't quite as hopping as it used to be. Still about 15-20 regular forum goers at any time though.

Anyway, nice to see a familiar name, hope things have been okay. Pretty wild trip this passage of time stuff, heh. :)
Yeah I can tell it’s pretty dead around here in comparison to before….

What’s going on with the server? It’s breaking?

Yeah I can tell it’s pretty dead around here in comparison to before….

What’s going on with the server? It’s breaking?
I'm guessing you're reading the 'donation' message on the side? I'm sure the server is quite fine, heh. It doesn't take a lot of resources to run a web-forum. Though the new owners perhaps contract out for moderation, system administration, and maintenance, etc (overhead, legalese, domain fees, etc..).. So they, are probably looking for help with costs. The downtic in activity here probably doesn't help with ad-revenue, either.

I've got, 'old creaky computers,' from the early 2000's that still work just fine, though, heh. So I'm sure they are just being a bit colorful with language. :)

I'm guessing you're reading the 'donation' message on the side? I'm sure the server is quite fine, heh. It doesn't take a lot of resources to run a web-forum. Though the new owners perhaps contract out for moderation, system administration, and maintenance, etc (overhead, legalese, domain fees, etc..).. So they, are probably looking for help with costs. The downtic in activity here probably doesn't help with ad-revenue, either.

I've got, 'old creaky computers,' from the early 2000's that still work just fine, though, heh. So I'm sure they are just being a bit colorful with language. :)
Do you know why people aren’t coming here anymore? Is it because the forum isn’t ranked well in Google anymore?

Do you know why people aren’t coming here anymore? Is it because the forum isn’t ranked well in Google anymore?
There does seem to be that fact.
1: the website doesn't seem to have it's #1 ranking anymore for "I'm Lonely"
2: People in general and the newer generations don't use forums (newer generations may have grown up without even knowing what a forum is).
3: Social entropy. Seems many things on the internet sort of, 'have their time,'
4: New ownership

There is basically two routes new ownership could have gone
1: make a concerted effort to preserve this place as it was
2: change things up to try and attract more people

It seems they kind of went for a mix of 1 and 2 (more 2 than 1, though); however, you are kind of screwed either way; simply because, web forums just aren't as popular anymore. And also Search Engines work differently now, so, #1 rankings are probably not as accessible as they used to be.

But, I think people simply aren't coming here anymore because, now-a-days, the average computer user mostly interfaces with the internet through their phone-computer. So, times have just changed, I think.

And this place also has it's share of depressed and bitter people, heh. So, perhaps newer members are less likely to stick around, because there is simply less people here. Less social gravity to retain people.

There does seem to be that fact.
1: the website doesn't seem to have it's #1 ranking anymore for "I'm Lonely"
2: People in general and the newer generations don't use forums (newer generations may have grown up without even knowing what a forum is).
3: Social entropy. Seems many things on the internet sort of, 'have their time,'
4: New ownership

There is basically two routes new ownership could have gone
1: make a concerted effort to preserve this place as it was
2: change things up to try and attract more people

It seems they kind of went for a mix of 1 and 2 (more 2 than 1, though); however, you are kind of screwed either way; simply because, web forums just aren't as popular anymore. And also Search Engines work differently now, so, #1 rankings are probably not as accessible as they used to be.

But, I think people simply aren't coming here anymore because, now-a-days, the average computer user mostly interfaces with the internet through their phone-computer. So, times have just changed, I think.

And this place also has it's share of depressed and bitter people, heh. So, perhaps newer members are less likely to stick around, because there is simply less people here. Less social gravity to retain people.
That makes me sad. ALL was so important to me for many years.

How long am I gonna be in New Member jail? I can post anywhere but the New Members section right now.

Latest posts

Back