Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Positive Thinking
I tend to think the worst about everything, then i am not so disappointed when the worst happens but pleased if it's the better outcome
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research Wink
Thinking positive is the only thing I have left. Pretty easy for me to do now.
A positive attitude is essential for achieving goals, but the supposed "Law of Attraction" is just buncombe...magical thinking poured into a New Age bottle. Positive thinking by itself attracts nothing; only when it is accompanied by action do you get good results. More often than not. One would hope.
illegitimus non carborundum
(08-13-2013, 08:15 PM)MTrip Wrote: A positive attitude is essential for achieving goals, but the supposed "Law of Attraction" is just buncombe...magical thinking poured into a New Age bottle. Positive thinking by itself attracts nothing; only when it is accompanied by action do you get good results. More often than not. One would hope.

I like what you say about a positive attitude, and I know where you come from with the The Law of Attraction, but isn't that what Noetic Science is about, is that the same thinking, they pour a lot of money into that don't they. I know nothing really about it, just curious what you think.
(08-13-2013, 09:37 PM)GraceBlossom Wrote:
(08-13-2013, 08:15 PM)MTrip Wrote: A positive attitude is essential for achieving goals, but the supposed "Law of Attraction" is just buncombe...magical thinking poured into a New Age bottle. Positive thinking by itself attracts nothing; only when it is accompanied by action do you get good results. More often than not. One would hope.

I like what you say about a positive attitude, and I know where you come from with the The Law of Attraction, but isn't that what Noetic Science is about, is that the same thinking, they pour a lot of money into that don't they. I know nothing really about it, just curious what you think.

"Noetic Science"? Am not familiar with it...perhaps it is more popular across the pond than in the US? Or maybe I just don't keep up with the latest snake oil trends. Wink We do have enough of that going on already. Past-life regression, psychics, astrology, dear God don't get me started... *lol*
illegitimus non carborundum
(08-16-2013, 05:06 PM)MTrip Wrote:
(08-13-2013, 09:37 PM)GraceBlossom Wrote:

"Noetic Science"? Am not familiar with it...perhaps it is more popular across the pond than in the US? Or maybe I just don't keep up with the latest snake oil trends. Wink We do have enough of that going on already. Past-life regression, psychics, astrology, dear God don't get me started... *lol*

I am not sure if it something they do over here, but I heard of it in an american novel, and was surprised to see it is something actually being researched. Your comments about The Law of Attraction reminded me of that.
Yes, it helped me. :> Everything seemed so nice and lovely until I got back to my bad habits, negative thinking...
I think my main issue is negative thinking. I need to snap out of that. My life isn't that bad.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Years ago I was very shocked to learn about neurological patterns, basically that once some emotional patterns have been repeated a few times this creates like a path of least resistance in the brain and that we keep repeating that pattern only because for the brain it is easier, so we don't really make a choice about how we react to things.
http://blogs.psychcentral.com/relationsh...-patterns/
(I hope this article explains it better)
Anyway, this theory shocked me and convinced me to try and change my neuro patterns, and I believe this is what positive thinking is about. Law of attraction, I am not too sure about it, but still it is all in the eye of the beholder if what comes one's way is negative or positive, so, why not.
“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”

“I'm fine. Well, I'm not fine - I'm here."
"Is there something wrong with that?"
"Absolutely.”

<a href=
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-D2d4joqp8cA/Tq...29alt2.png </a>
Positive thinking in my experience plays a massive role in anything that you want to accomplish. My instructor is big on positive thinking. Being positive can make failure much more painful, but it also drives you try even harder so that you will never have to taste the bitterness of failure again. From this comes greater success.

"Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three jewels of training."

~Zen

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are you thinking right now? ThatOneGuy 49,712 4,064,474 6 minutes ago
Last Post: Siku
Exclamation What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now? Skorian 6,148 678,110 10-13-2019, 07:56 PM
Last Post: harper
  I was thinking Rust 11 3,949 09-09-2019, 12:02 PM
Last Post: harper
  Ever gone through an entire day thinking it was the wrong day of the week? Revengineer 56 25,538 04-01-2019, 02:32 AM
Last Post: LittleCrow
  How often do you shed a tear thinking about yourself or longing for something? LastingPain 32 9,483 10-10-2018, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Joturbo
  what Positive things you did today ? pinocio 5 2,173 05-24-2017, 10:50 PM
Last Post: pinocio
  There is no such thing as positive eugenics there is no hope 37 6,569 07-03-2015, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Sci-Fi
  Putting a positive slant on Valentine's Day Serenia 4 1,350 02-15-2015, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Serenia
  I'm thinking of getting a cell phone. johnny196775 31 15,567 12-21-2014, 01:03 AM
Last Post: SophiaGrace
  Moving soon! Looking forward to positive thinking and self improvement! :) Tylor 6 11,258 07-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Last Post: SophiaGrace