Worst memory from elementary/high school?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am curious as to what people on this sites most horrible memory of going to school is/was?

For me it would have to be a school in the state of Virginia (U.S.A) many, many years ago. I had just moved there from around Chicago (U.S.A.) and I had ZERO friends, I mean absolutely nobody. I arrived sometime around March and school was done around May so I didn't have a whole lot of time to acclimate.

Anyways, it was towards the end of the school year and for some reason we were having a pizza party for a girl in the class' birthday because she happened to live within sight of the school, very close.

I didn't really want to go to this party because I'd never been friends with any girl before, and wasn't friends with anybody in the entire school and obviously felt out of place. However, I didn't have much of a choice, it was a class function so my hands were tied. So it was a bright sunny day and the entire class walked to this girls house, right next to the school, and she had a big playground area on her property.

I didn't know what to do when we first got there because I didn't have any friends and the whole thing just felt awkward to me. So after standing there like an idiot for a few minutes, I think I decided to go sit on a swing or something but as I was walking there, the girl who was having the birthday party burst out from the area she was talking to her friends at and came right up to me and started screaming at me at the top of her lungs- "get out of here !", "nobody wants you here!" , "nobody likes you!", needless to say I was totally devestated and immediately began walking back to the school. She screamed these things at me in front of EVERYBODY including the teacher and her own mother. The teacher came running after me and took me by the hand and brought me back, the girls' mother yelled at her and told her to go to her room. The entire party was ruined, and everybody's jaws were on the floor, although nobody there liked me, you could tell every single person there felt bad about the situation. Her mother gave me a piece of pizza and tried to make me feel better, but the damage was already done.

To make matters even worse, I obviously didn't want to go to school the next day and face everyone, but my mother absolutely refused to let me stay home the next day and got very angry and said "you're going to school ************", she didn't normally act like that. So I had to come into school late the next day in the middle of class and everybody knew why.

I'm not sure why that girl treated me that way, I had never spoken a word to her or anybody else for that matter. It's almost like she lost control and couldn't help it. That one particular incident shaped my life in a very, very negative way and I've never really recovered.

A few weeks earlier, I was at the playground and a group of five older kids surrounded me, they claimed I had done something to one of there friends, which was a lie because I had just moved there and never bothered anybody in my life. They all got a hold of me and tried to throw me 15 ft. off of a platform type structure. I remember a grown man was there with his children and he did absolutely nothing to try and help me. I still resent that ******* coward to this day. So I went home and came back with a baseball bat and one of them was still there, I hit that ************ as hard as I could right in his ribs and he got on top of me ( I was only 7 and he was 10) a couple of older kids saw what happened and came and drug the kid off of me. I guess he was a real prick, and these kids knew it so they helped me out big time. He ran off crying and holding his side. I saw him on the school bus a few days later and he gave me a look that could kill, but I just stared right back at him and sat down.

I know these incidents aren't too big a deal, but they shaped my life for better or worse.

Looking back on it all, it's a little bit funny, but still painful at the same time.

What are some of your worst school/playground memories? I'm sure you guys have some good ones.

Well good for the mom. I would have done the same if my child had acted like that. Ridiculous anyone, kid or not, would act like that.

As for me, the only thing I can think of is, one of the girls in my school had a birthday party, and I was invited to go. I didn't care if I went either way, but my mom said it would be nice for me to attend. I went, and while the rest of the people in the party were in the backyard, I think, I had fallen asleep in the living room. I woke up like 20 minutes before my mom came to take me back home. Wasn't exactly the most dreaded situation, and it didn't embarrass me, but falling asleep at someone's birthday party is pretty bad. :s

i remember in 9th grade my friend took me to hang out with this girl he liked and her friend. there were other people at the house that we didnt know. all 4 of us went outside for a walk. these 2 guys she knew came up and started talking about how his pager was missing and he was going to search us for it. they took me and my friend around the corner of this building seperately to do this, my friend first. he came back and then i went. the one guy starting making comments about me hanging out with "his girl." then his friend punched me in the eye and i said something like "im not here for this" and they all started laughing. i left back around the corner before they could jump me and the one guy got another cheap shot on the side of my face. that girl was mad at him and started crying so my friend called his mom to come get us. we never saw either of those girls again. funny thing is, more than likely that guy is a junkie or in jail or something basd on how he turned out and the things he was supposedly involved with.

Well...

One memory that I remember vividly was near the end of my last year in Junior High (Grade 9)...and the subject of interracial relationships came up in Religion class.
The "popular kid" started talking about how he refused to join any of the school's anti-racism campaigns and how interracial relationships were disgusting. Soon after, many of my classmates started talking about how ugly/ gross/ disgusting Chinese people are and how ugly their children would be if they were to be part Chinese.
Then started talking about what would be the most ugliest mixes:
BlackxChinese
IndianxChinese
WhitexChinese etc.

I just shrunk further and further into my seat...to make things worse, the other Asians in my class ensured to make a point that they weren't Chinese at all.
"I'm Phillipino - we're mixed..." "I'm Korean...would never date a Chinese" etc.
At this point, I'm holding back my tears...my head down, ashamed to look up and have everyone see my Chinese face...
I glanced to the teacher a few times, waiting for her to tell them off, but she never did...
It must have gone on for over ******* half-an-hour, and the entire class was so engaged, my teacher had yell at them to stop talking.
When they calmed down, she then just nodded and said it was a very interesting discussion and how we're entitled to our own opinions.

I ******* cried all the way home after I got off the bus.

Later on in the week, we had our Grad party - I went only because my family forced me.
I had bought a cheongsam a few weeks prior; something like this:

http://www.orchidclothing.co.uk/bmz_cache/d/d879de0ceb96a35f16025f1937a99feb.image.346x750.jpg

I never wore it and my family was angry; they didn't understand why I spent money on this dress and never wore it.
The only time I've worn it was in the fitting room.
It still sits in my closet and I think I'll donate it when I have the chance...

My childhood was full of awful events that I won't bother describing. At age twelve, I finally covered myself with gasoline and set myself on fire. Immediately after, I was discovered and it was put out. While I'm glad to be alive today, being saved from killing myself is among my worst memories.

I don't really have any WORST memories, but I do have a doozy of an embarrassing one:

It happened during my freshman English class. We had been working on a group presentation all week long, preparing to present in front of the entire class at the end of the week. Well, the mistake was made of placing me with a few of the other classroom "cut-ups," so to speak. So during the entire week while working on our presentation, we'd been screwing around and joking the whole time, sometimes very disruptively.

Finally, the day to present came...and while the other groups presented their projects, my group sat at our table continuing to joke around and attempt to stifle our giggles. When OUR turn came, we all stood up to present our own project, beginning with ME...

...and right before I began speaking, one of the others in my group made a funny face at me (which reminded me of an earlier joke that was connected to the face). I couldn't help it. I cracked up and began laughing hysterically in front of the entire class, to the point that I wasn't able to even SPEAK or do anything for my part of the presentation.

So I just walked back to my seat, still laughing, and sat down.

Embarrassing, no? Oh well. :p That incident alone may have been the reason that I was an outcast nerd during my time in high school...but ahh well. I don't regret it. It makes a hilarious story now...so enjoy. :p

God, is it sad that to this day I think I'm too traumatized to talk about it? That was a really, really shitty day.

I quit going to school when I was 15..instead I used to hang out watching horror films and played music..I'm now 39 and now I hang out playing music and watch horror films..
Worst memory? Being busted for having reefers or realizing the girl I had a 2 year crush on had also dropped out..
Best memory:Being asked to play a drum solo at a school play and making the loudest noise possible..

my school was a dump....my music lessons consisted of everyone piling into the store room to smoke cigarettes out of the window while the teacher shouted at the non-smokers next door..
I used to get out of hymn practice by pretending to be a catholic.That way I could hang out in the library and smoke cigarettes out the window..
My house was close by the school..When long distance running was on the agenda my friends a me would fall behind the group then walk back to mine to have a cup of tea and watch horror films..
My school was demolished not long after I left..good riddance!!

hmm.

nothing too drastic, and I have to admit I have way more awesome memories than crappy ones.

the worst from elementary school would just be generally being picked on by other kids. I was sort of in the middle in that regard, and so it was just an occasional experience, thank god.

one time I wish I had stood up to bullies and done something was when three such ******** were hounding a kid in my class with downsyndrome at recess, chasing and taunting him. I felt like honeysuckle seeing that, but looking back, it makes my blood boil that I didn't run after them, or at least alert a teacher.

from high school: in grades nine and ten, I was a total loner on my school bus. all the kids on it knew each other from whatever school they attended before, and I ended up sitting at the front being all shy and awkward.

man I really dreaded those bus rides! Even though the worst that happened was people just talking smack about me or this one girl trying (and completely succeeding) to embarrass me in subtle, sexually suggestive ways lmao. oh, and one time some ****** threw a salami sandwich at me out the window after I'd gotten off the bus in front of my house.

eventually I just jumped ship to another bus, and stuck with that route for the rest of high school. its funny, because I never told any teachers or my parents, so it never became an official transfer. guess they just figured I got home every day some other way.

Yeah at the homecoming rally for my school I accidentally bood my own schools team. I was the only person booing and I looked like a complete idiot. I have also said alot of stupid honeysuckle that I regret saying in classes that at the time I thought was funny.

Luna said:
Later on in the week, we had our Grad party - I went only because my family forced me.
I had bought a cheongsam a few weeks prior; something like this:

http://www.orchidclothing.co.uk/bmz_cache/d/d879de0ceb96a35f16025f1937a99feb.image.346x750.jpg

I never wore it and my family was angry; they didn't understand why I spent money on this dress and never wore it.
The only time I've worn it was in the fitting room.
It still sits in my closet and I think I'll donate it when I have the chance...

That's insane. That cheongsam, which I never knew it was called that, is freakin' gorgeous. I'd wear that. I was actually looking for a shirt that looked like that. I'm not really fond of dresses. But still, I'd get it. It's beautifully styled. F them. I'd rock that, and wouldn't care what anyone thought.

Luna: that is a wretchedly horrible experience. :( your teacher was a coward for not doing anything, and your classmates are just total honeysuckle. not to mention, I don't know what kind of drugs they are smoking, because chinese-mix girls are beautiful cute.

That's bullcrap what they said about Chinese people. They're a bunch of losers- don't let that get you down. I think Chinese women and Chinese mixed women are attractive! And that cheongasm is awesome. It has the word gasm in it- it's gotta be pretty sweet.

Jesse said:
And that cheongasm is awesome. It has the word gasm in it- it's gotta be pretty sweet.

Hairybearballsgasm has "gasm" in it. Is a hairybearballsgasm pretty sweet? XD :p

I had also a worst memory during my school life which I never forget and thought to not do such things again. We cannot escape the unexpected truth in life when it comes to school because there are many undoubted things that could be happened. Don't want to mention my experience, but I can say I had learned better because of my mistakes.

I can't even remember junior high. lulz just a bunch of running around and fighting and laughing and playing and boredom. Same as high school. XD

Be for I was 11 I was a normal Kid that liked the rough and tumble of a good fight and what not.
Then I want very poorly and had nearly a full year of school and had to use a wheelchair.
After that I had to use a zimmer frame for about another 9 months.
I was sent back to school why still having to use my zimmer frame. I could barely stand with out it never mind walk anywhere with out it.
The kids took that of me and thought it was funny how I could be pushed to the floor with no moor then just the one finger.
At first I tried to fight back but it was useless. I did get stronger after many years of physio. But about time I got strong enough to fight back I had all ready had the confidence kicked the honeysuckle out of me.
These are some of the worst memories I have of school.
I do have some good memories as well. But most of them was when I used to take of with a mate and not go.

Latest posts

Back