Only the Lonely I suppose..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Castle

Reaction score
Hi,

Well I'm a guy in my mid 30s. I live in the Southern USA.

I came across this site through a random google.

Obviously I'm a pretty lonely person. I had friends for much of my life, but never very many. I was always a one best friend and 1 or 2 secondary friends type of person.

Over the years, I have found myself becoming more and more reclusive. Now I no longer have any real life friends. I have internet friends, but I think we all know that isn't the same thing.

Sometimes weeks pass by without any real human contact. I feel like 75% of the time this is not such a bad thing. I am a very solitary person and most of my interests and hobbies are solitary pursuits.

But that over 25% of the time is very hard to take. Sometimes I feel very depressed and alone. I seem to be unable to do the basic things needed to go out and make friends. I have high social anxiety and hate groups of people/crowds. I'm also kind of an eccentric person and have a hard time relating to most people.

Anyway I guess I could go on and on about this, but I think most of you probably get the point.

I was surprised to find a forum about this subject. I figured why not at least give it a try. Maybe something good could come of it, though I have little hope of that.

I am glad that you decided to check it out. Welcome :)

welcome. i totally get the whole 1 best friend and like less than 3 secondary friends thing. thats pretty much how ive been my whole life. right now my best friend is out of state because of the army so now its just the secondary friends whom i rarely hang out with for whatever reason. i hope you find a some comfort and a place here.

Hi..I'm 39..yep I used to go for weeks without seeing anyone so I can relate..doing my best to get out now 'cause I've had enough (even though sometimes when I'm in a crowd I feel like I'm surrounded by zombies!)..hope you find this place accommodating..

Hi The Castle :)

The Castle said:
I was surprised to find a forum about this subject. I figured why not at least give it a try. Maybe something good could come of it, though I have little hope of that.

It's done a lot of good for me and a lot of other members. Don't lose hope just yet :)

Hey there, and welcome! I can definitely see myself in what you just wrote, with the exception that I'm a bit younger, living "on the other side of the ocean" and that I've also managed to lose nearly all of my internet friends as well as real-life ones. Now that really sucks. Anyways, I hope you'll stick around. :)

Latest posts

Back