STRANGE DREAMS

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Sky

Reaction score
I usually don't dream much, but when I do they can be very strange. From living on the moon, to being like a transformer lead guitarist in a rock band. Had any strange dreams lately??

I love weird dreams!

I dreamt when I was pregnant that my child and I were riding on a dragon! How's that for a weird dream?

My dreams are usually like mini-movies. Sometimes I hate to wake up because they were so exciting and interesting!

I have weird dreams every night, sometimes I write them down as I get up. More often, though, I don't remember them at all (partly because I have 2-3 dreams per night)!

I guess I'm kind of jealous of the people that can actually remember what they dream, because the only dreams I can remember well are very strange, or completely quotidian: Last night I dreamt that I was looking for the Pacific Ocean in a Map of Europe... I mean, come ON, what is the meaning of this?? xD :p

Weird dreams are so awesome. I wish I could have them more often. Sometimes I would just like to ask my mind after waking up, "What the HELL where you thinking?!"

Love it ^^

I had a really strange dream the other morning before waking up.

I still think about my ex-gf sometimes when I'm awake, it's kind of hard not to reminisce about when I was happy. Anyway I dreamt about going to her house to try to make amends, knowing full well that her brother wants to fight me. I knock at the door and not two seconds later the door bursts open and he comes swinging at me. It got pretty bloody but I vaguely remember winning the fight. It made me feel good after I woke up. Though I would never do that in real life.

Okay, this thread has been dead since July but I will re-live it again, cos I have so many weird dreams myself. So anyone who has a dream the night before and is wondering what it means or just wants to share it can post it here. Cos sometimes, my dreams get complicated and I can't stop thinking about it and can never figure out what it means. So anyone up to re-live this thread? Cos the forum's getting boring too. Lol..

I'll start. I had a dream I broke my phone and someone died. About the someone died part, I don't remember the details. I've had dreams of people dying. And I dreamt of an orange-coloured spider. And I have no idea why. :D

Hey thanks for the link, bluey! It is a pretty useful website, the ones I've found before didn't have some of the stuff I was looking for. Lol..but yup, this one's good. :)

I often have very vivid dreams that stay with me for a long time. Most of the time they are just incredibly weird, like this one form a few months ago:

I was in Edinburgh (Scotland) with a friend who i havnt seen for years. We were on our way to a pub called "The Worlds End" a real place made famous 20 odd years ago in an infamous murder case. On the way we passed a house which had a bunch of junk stacked up outside it and a ryno (yes a ryno!) sniffing around. What seemed to attract my attention however was not the massive horned beast, but a large telescopic pole which had, what i described to my friend in the dream as "the hoof of Pan" (The greek god) mounted atop it. Deciding for some bizzare reason that i wanted this pole i took it, at which point one of the top windows of the house was thrown open and a large Scotsman began ranting and raving at me untill i dropped the pole and we both ran for it! I think the rest got even stranger (If thats even possible) and im sure that the ryno came along with us and somewhere a tiger appeared, but alas all that has faded from memory.

Also on the subject of trying to interpret your dreams, i have only done this once.

I was staying at my dads house and dreamt that a giant centipede was living under my bed. It must of been some kind of pet as i was feeding it bits of bread and apple. Anyway next morning i noticed a dream book on my dads bookshelf and decided to look it up. The entry under centipede stated simply this; A PORTENT OF IMPENDING DOOM! (minus the exclamation mark)

As you can imagine this REALLY brightened up my day:( I havnt bothered with trying to interpret anything i dream since, ignorance being bliss and all that ;)

Solitary Soul said:
I often have very vivid dreams that stay with me for a long time. Most of the time they are just incredibly weird, like this one form a few months ago:

I was in Edinburgh (Scotland) with a friend who i havnt seen for years. We were on our way to a pub called "The Worlds End" a real place made famous 20 odd years ago in an infamous murder case. On the way we passed a house which had a bunch of junk stacked up outside it and a ryno (yes a ryno!) sniffing around. What seemed to attract my attention however was not the massive horned beast, but a large telescopic pole which had, what i described to my friend in the dream as "the hoof of Pan" (The greek god) mounted atop it. Deciding for some bizzare reason that i wanted this pole i took it, at which point one of the top windows of the house was thrown open and a large Scotsman began ranting and raving at me untill i dropped the pole and we both ran for it! I think the rest got even stranger (If thats even possible) and im sure that the ryno came along with us and somewhere a tiger appeared, but alas all that has faded from memory.

Also on the subject of trying to interpret your dreams, i have only done this once.

I was staying at my dads house and dreamt that a giant centipede was living under my bed. It must of been some kind of pet as i was feeding it bits of bread and apple. Anyway next morning i noticed a dream book on my dads bookshelf and decided to look it up. The entry under centipede stated simply this; A PORTENT OF IMPENDING DOOM! (minus the exclamation mark)

As you can imagine this REALLY brightened up my day:( I havnt bothered with trying to interpret anything i dream since, ignorance being bliss and all that ;)

Lol, ok the part where the "massive horned beast" sniffing around made me laugh. It's funny to picture it in a dream, in your dream in particular. And, mentioning all those animals in your dreams somehow reminds me of Jumanji. But yes you do seem to remember your dreams in detail. :)

Anyway, I do the opposite. I wanna find meanings to my dreams cos they haunt me a lot, and well, I just wanna scare myself out. :D

Since I just had this dream last night I'm gonna write down what I remember.

I was in some kind of complex, possibly underground (grey everywhere concrete, kinda like a huge cellar). I had guns, and was with one other person (no idea who it was). It was very reminiscent of some kind of horror survival game. Then I remember we fought some huge flaming woman/banshee/hag type thing (several feet taller than mee) and she was hurling giant flaming (barells I think, which doesnt make much sense). Anyways, this 'boss' wasn't very well designed so I just strafed back and forth shooting her in the head. She died.

Then I remember discovering a huge room that tons of supplies and food and stuff, but it was like a supermarket (same complex decor) and I remmber thinking, "what great deals they have here" cause they had low prices on almost every thing I ever buy. They also Coke with Lime in 24 pks which I never see anywhere.

So ya, that was the first dream I've had in a long while (that I can remember). Wasn't really scary just really weird... and funny now that I think about it lol.

AngryLoner said:
Since I just had this dream last night I'm gonna write down what I remember.

I was in some kind of complex, possibly underground (grey everywhere concrete, kinda like a huge cellar). I had guns, and was with one other person (no idea who it was). It was very reminiscent of some kind of horror survival game. Then I remember we fought some huge flaming woman/banshee/hag type thing (several feet taller than mee) and she was hurling giant flaming (barells I think, which doesnt make much sense). Anyways, this 'boss' wasn't very well designed so I just strafed back and forth shooting her in the head. She died.

Then I remember discovering a huge room that tons of supplies and food and stuff, but it was like a supermarket (same complex decor) and I remmber thinking, "what great deals they have here" cause they had low prices on almost every thing I ever buy. They also Coke with Lime in 24 pks which I never see anywhere.

So ya, that was the first dream I've had in a long while (that I can remember). Wasn't really scary just really weird... and funny now that I think about it lol.

How weird our dreams all are. :D Coke with Lime, you mean those canned drinks? Lol, and yeah, sometimes we sort of have thoughts of our own during a dream. It's a weird feeling.

ooooh about 2 weeks ago. i dreamt i had a harem Lmao. was a reaaaally nice dream. i mean r-e-a-l-l-y nice :) :)

NewBirth said:
ooooh about 2 weeks ago. i dreamt i had a harem Lmao. was a reaaaally nice dream. i mean r-e-a-l-l-y nice :) :)

Well how about that! That's a pretty cool one, lol and you're really happy about that. :D

I did have an odd dream awhile back. I can remember it clearly. I was inside a huge..and I mean HUGE! dark room that had a staircase ( much like the one you've probably seen in the movie Harry Potter school). I was with a friend who wanted to accompany me up the staircase. But I told my friend to wait on the bottom floor. Then suddenly.. and for whatever reason.. I realized I was standing inside a giant pyramid. So I climbed the staircase and found myself completely in the dark. Except for one thing. I remember standing at the top of the stairway looking inside a smaller room. Which would have been completely dark except for the fact that it had a large rectangular stone box. (Like the kind the Egyptians used to put a sarcophagus in). But this stone box was glowing..lighting up the room with shadows. And then without warning.. a smiling face popped up in front of me and I woke up. I wasn't scared..but it was very strange.

Sure thing it was strange but you've got a really dark dark dream there lol. Then there's light, shouldn't that be a good thing? Especially with a smiling face ending it off. Like you're walking through this dark tunnel, don't know where you're going and stuff and then you see a light at the end. You know what i mean :)

mink said:
Sure thing it was strange but you've got a really dark dark dream there lol. Then there's light, shouldn't that be a good thing? Especially with a smiling face ending it off. Like you're walking through this dark tunnel, don't know where you're going and stuff and then you see a light at the end. You know what i mean :)

You know.. not to sound dramatic or anything. But I don't think the 'light' was even a good thing. This was more along the lines of a nightmare type dream..except I don't scare very easily. Sometimes I have the heart of a lion if you know what I mean.

Latest posts

Back