Afraid of Sharing Myself with Someone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
In the last week I've been talking to a wonderful woman. She's beautiful, has quite a lot in common with me, a lot of the same interests, and same beliefs. She really seems pretty much perfect.

Problem is I'm afraid of letting this person in. It's hard to accept that the only person keeping me from being in a relationship is myself. It's hard to accept that I actually can attract someone.

I dropped her off last night. It was our first date- it was so awesome spending time with her, but on my way home I got very depressed. I kept thinking, "I don't know why she'd want to be with me", "She'll find someone some day, she doesn't need me", "She could do much better than me", "What am I doing with her- she's amazing".

It's hard to let go of being alone. I wish it wasn't. My heart tells me I want to be with her.

Thing is, Jesse, if she's with you, she wants to be. It's that simple. She obviously wants to be around you, or else she wouldn't be. No one made her go out on a date with you. So don't worry about it. Don't let those thoughts prevent what could be an awesome relationship.

I think a lot of that myself with guys. Although, I'm not scared to share myself and my life; I just don't want to. Not right now anyway. But those thoughts, toss them out the window. Those kinds of thoughts don't build relationships. She'll like you just fine for who you are.

I didn't hold myself back with my ex either, and even though it didn't work out, I don't regret it. And I wouldn't change what happened, good or bad.

Don't worry too much about 'letting her in' or about how you will handle the relationship. It's too early to worry about that kind of stuff. Just enjoy the time you spend together. The more you hang out, the more you talk, the more comfortable you will get. It's never easy opening up to someone, but if you click in the right way, you will want to take that next step. Good luck :)

mintymint said:
Don't worry too much about 'letting her in' or about how you will handle the relationship. It's too early to worry about that kind of stuff. Just enjoy the time you spend together. The more you hang out, the more you talk, the more comfortable you will get. It's never easy opening up to someone, but if you click in the right way, you will want to take that next step. Good luck :)

Yes, this is the other half of what I wanted to say. But I couldn't, because I haven't really slept in about a day and a half. So I couldn't think of it. It never is easy to open up, however, if you two click you'll both want to spend more time with each other, and it will just come naturally.

Thanks guys for everything. If it doesn't work out it's ok.

Latest posts

Back