i dont think im gonna find sum1, im 26 female

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostly..theroadhome

Reaction score
what do i do?

ive met the perfect guy 3 times, it was the wrong timing... as time goes on i just keep thinking its going to be the same again

by the time i get through meeting people, ill probably get to the right person when its too late an their taken, cos im getting to that age i guess

Some people haven't even met one perfect partner yet. Actually, some people have never even kissed another person or even hugged another person.

You should be thankful for what you had and what you will have again :)

There's no such thing as a "perfect mate."

The problem here is that many spend their entire lives searching for someone who perfectly fits their wish list. But it's NOT gonna happen. Seriously.

All you can do is pinpoint those few qualities that count and then be patient enough to put up with the person's quirks/foibles.

you still got time. i know how you feel though. im 28 and i have never been with anyone romantically. the big 3 0 is probably going to feel like crap when i get there if i havent met someone by then.

Badjedidude said:
There's no such thing as a "perfect mate."

The problem here is that many spend their entire lives searching for someone who perfectly fits their wish list. But it's NOT gonna happen. Seriously.

All you can do is pinpoint those few qualities that count and then be patient enough to put up with the person's quirks/foibles.

I agree with BJD's post.

I would also like to quote that "...sometimes you find what you're looking for when you least expect it."

Speaking from personal experience...instead of finding a partner as a goal; putting YOURSELF as a priority is a better approach IMO. I found that when I had put myself second - and things didn't turn out - I returned to a vicious cycle of self-loathing, hatred and felt terrible every waking moment.

You shouldn't beat yourself up over it and just pursue other things in life that you enjoy. After all, YOU come first. :)

you ever get those times when you are looking for a particular thing and no matter how hard you look, you can't find it. And then the next day, when you don't need that thing anymore, you find it in the most unexpected and trivial places? I think it's like that. Don't look for it and keep yourself busy with other stuff.

Luna said:
Speaking from personal experience...instead of finding a partner as a goal; putting YOURSELF as a priority is a better approach IMO. I found that when I had put myself second - and things didn't turn out - I returned to a vicious cycle of self-loathing, hatred and felt terrible every waking moment.

You shouldn't beat yourself up over it and just pursue other things in life that you enjoy. After all, YOU come first. :)

I like this Luna much better than the contemplating selling herself on the street Luna. :p. I'm calling this one AwesomeLuna.

coricopat said:
Luna said:

I like this Luna much better than the contemplating selling herself on the street Luna. :p. I'm calling this one AwesomeLuna.

Haha...:p
Shhh...let's not talk about that...(d)

ghostly..theroadhome said:
what do i do?

ive met the perfect guy 3 times, it was the wrong timing... as time goes on i just keep thinking its going to be the same again

by the time i get through meeting people, ill probably get to the right person when its too late an their taken, cos im getting to that age i guess

raines said:
DON'T WORRY BABE YOU'RE NOT ALONE,IM 27 YRS OLD AND STILL WAITING SO JUST WAIT AND SEE WHATS COMING SOON....
CHEERS!!!!

You two should talk then. ;)

I agree with the badsayandude or jedi said.

Nyu001 said:
ghostly..theroadhome said:
what do i do?

raines said:
DON'T WORRY BABE YOU'RE NOT ALONE,IM 27 YRS OLD AND STILL WAITING SO JUST WAIT AND SEE WHATS COMING SOON....
CHEERS!!!!

You two should talk then. ;)

I agree with the badsayandude or jedi said.

c'mon i just to make her feel easy lol....just wait right????

Honestly, I don't understand how a female can have trouble finding someone, but it's not my place to comment.

SocratesX said:
Honestly, I don't understand how a female can have trouble finding someone, but it's not my place to comment.

Maybe you cant understand it because you have pre-concieved notions. :/

Luna said:
coricopat said:
Luna said:

Haha...:p
Shhh...let's not talk about that...(d)

LOL :p

Hey ghostly, my first response to this sort of topic is always to try to make it not seem so bad, but i know that never helps me when I'm feeling shitty about it...

Honestly for me hun, I've only had 4 REAL relationships in my life and i'm 24... 1 of them last 2 years on and off and was filled with horribly gastly hell fires of burning seething rage and hatred mixed with some of the best moments in my life (not sure i could put up with another explosive relationship like that again though...)

all the rest of the relationships I've had have been 3 months to a year... just enough time to have a few really good times, but mostly just enough time to be left REALLY hurt afterwords... hurt REALLY bad... like mortal wound stuff...

I think people need to look at lack of love in their life as a chance to reflect...

who are you... what do you really want... do just not want to be alone??? or do you really want a relationship filled with mutual understanding where your partner is willing to GIVE as well as receive...

I'm very feminine for a male... so i tend to get involved with very masculine females who take and take and take and then arn't willing to give back or give very little... I've never given myself enough time to truely be comfortable with myself in my shoes and seek out a partner who will be good for me... I've always just let the first girl to have the balls (i swear some of them had balls hidden somewhere) to talk to me take me home so to speak...

Get to know yourself... get some new habits... solve your lonelyness problem with good friends and good company... be happy with who you are... progress, learn new things, make yourself more then you are so when you are ready to go back out on to the market... you'll have something to impress people with...

Then when you are happy with yourself (not like super happy all the time never lonely person, just someone who at the end of the day can say... at least i'm alive... well fed... and can take care of myself) and have friends you know will be therefore you when a new relationship doesn't work out... then you are ready for a relationship...

It's a new world... women don't have to rely on men as much and vice versa... women can leave their husbands and support themselves... marriage is just a fancy word for dating seriously now...

sometimes i almost think it would be a shame to have only 1 love for the whole of your life when there are so many people in this world with so much beauty unique to each their own... although if i was lucky enough to have 1 person who woudl love me till death... wow thad be great, but I try to think realisticly...

did you know we have a completely NEW skeleton every 7 years or so? we are much like that in life too... it's almost as if every so many years we become a different person then we used to be...

Also for some people... they are ready for a relationship... kinda like a beautiful flower alone in a field that nobody has noticed yet... I'm not one of these blessed folks and they don't know how lucky they are, but if you feel that is you... then when you are discovered you will be ready... while many other people who don't even know who they are yet will have have loved and lost many times...

Keep your head up and keeping loving yourself so that when you do find the right person... they will understand why you are worth loving and not to be taken advantage of...

I've loved and lost many times... my relationships have been so hard on me they litteraly almost killed me....

For me... Ineed to know I can love myself before I'm ready to start giving anyone a chance again... I guess the good thing about having a few bad relationships behind you thou... is you can spot the people who will take advantage of you waybefore you even start letting them hiton you... heh...

Latest posts

Back