Reoccurring dreams

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knight

Reaction score
First of all I suffer from depression, and the last medication I took was Prozac about a month ago but it gave me extreme insomnia so my doctor told me to get off of it and wait, and now he's prescribed me a new medication which he said would help with my depression and sleep, I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. I tend to go to sleep much later and wake up much later when I'm depressed like right now and I tend to dream a lot. I have reoccurring dreams, they are not exactly the same, but they do have a common theme to them. I have 2 main types of dreams

1) Something that has to do with my troubled past.
a. They usually take place in previous schools I've attended to, but not always.
b. The people in these dreams do the same things the people did to me and around me in the past.
c. These don't happen as often anymore but I do still have them.

2) Being with the woman I love.
a. Usually places I've once been, a good number of those places are schools.
b. Sometimes the woman is someone I once knew and sometimes it's someone I've never met.
c. Sometimes these dreams make my day, sometimes I think about how it was only a dream and makes me depressed for the day.

And another note, my dreams are very realistic. If something sad happens in my dream I usually end up crying, or wake up crying. If something or someone angered me in my dream I will wake up saying stuff and being angry. If something frightened me or made me suspenseful I will act accordingly when I wake up.

I just want to know what you all think.

Hi, I've been a lurker in this forum for a few days now and I stumbled upon your topic in the positivity section, glad to hear you've been having good days!

I've been having overwhelmingly vivid dreams since I was 13-14 (I'm almost 20 now), it's been almost 2 years now that I started having more and more dreams where I communicate with dream people and such. I've been keeping a dream journal since 2004 because I always wake up feeling extremely overwhelmed with how real my dreams are (to me, they ARE real, to me they are a reality). I always feel depressed and lonely that I don't have anyone to talk to who can relate to the types of dreams I have or people that are even remotely interested in dreams in general. It's really hard to find people that consider their dreams to be somewhat part of their life even less a big part.

I always feel a little happy when I read about people having those types of dreams that are so "powerful" and real that it affects them even after they wake up and the dreams make them wonder outside the box even if it's only for a day. I'm always, constantly wishing more people could have these kinds of dreams, mindblowingly real, where dream people are aware of you as you are of them, I hate to think that I'm the only one.

It's nice to hear a fellow person being interested/having dreams similar to mine. I can also relate to the crying, I've cried a few times because sometimes when I meet someone in a dream we have meaningful or long conversations and so when I wake up and realize that I might never be able to see that person's face again, it makes me a bit sad but I always tell myself that those dream people are real somehow and that they care about me and the reason why I met them in a dream is because they're already and always will be a part of me.
I can relate with the feeling of being loved because of a dream person, definitely! Sometimes I wake up with the sensations still there that last for hours like if someone in a dream kissed me on the lips I can still feel the sensation on my lips after I wake up or if I hurt myself on my arm I will feel the sensation on my arm hours after I've woken up or when I feel a texture with my fingertips in a dream, I wake up with the sensation on my fingertips, it's amazing.

Have you ever thought of writing your dreams down? To me as a dreamer, it's vital because I always notice tiny details that I would not have noticed if I had simply ignored the dream after waking up and also as I'm writing them down I start to wonder things and it really opens my mind up.

If you don't mind me asking, since when did you start having these kinds of dreams?

Knight I think we all have reoccuring themes in our dreams. They let us know what is important to us, what has affected us and what we focus on most.

That's the meaning I get out of my dreams anyway...

echo said:
Hi, I've been a lurker in this forum for a few days now and I stumbled upon your topic in the positivity section, glad to hear you've been having good days!

I've been having overwhelmingly vivid dreams since I was 13-14 (I'm almost 20 now), it's been almost 2 years now that I started having more and more dreams where I communicate with dream people and such. I've been keeping a dream journal since 2004 because I always wake up feeling extremely overwhelmed with how real my dreams are (to me, they ARE real, to me they are a reality). I always feel depressed and lonely that I don't have anyone to talk to who can relate to the types of dreams I have or people that are even remotely interested in dreams in general. It's really hard to find people that consider their dreams to be somewhat part of their life even less a big part.

I always feel a little happy when I read about people having those types of dreams that are so "powerful" and real that it affects them even after they wake up and the dreams make them wonder outside the box even if it's only for a day. I'm always, constantly wishing more people could have these kinds of dreams, mindblowingly real, where dream people are aware of you as you are of them, I hate to think that I'm the only one.

It's nice to hear a fellow person being interested/having dreams similar to mine. I can also relate to the crying, I've cried a few times because sometimes when I meet someone in a dream we have meaningful or long conversations and so when I wake up and realize that I might never be able to see that person's face again, it makes me a bit sad but I always tell myself that those dream people are real somehow and that they care about me and the reason why I met them in a dream is because they're already and always will be a part of me.
I can relate with the feeling of being loved because of a dream person, definitely! Sometimes I wake up with the sensations still there that last for hours like if someone in a dream kissed me on the lips I can still feel the sensation on my lips after I wake up or if I hurt myself on my arm I will feel the sensation on my arm hours after I've woken up or when I feel a texture with my fingertips in a dream, I wake up with the sensation on my fingertips, it's amazing.

Have you ever thought of writing your dreams down? To me as a dreamer, it's vital because I always notice tiny details that I would not have noticed if I had simply ignored the dream after waking up and also as I'm writing them down I start to wonder things and it really opens my mind up.

If you don't mind me asking, since when did you start having these kinds of dreams?

Hey thanks for the reply. I've always had realistic dreams ever since I could remember but the ones I listed above, and the kind I had that I posted in the success thread, I've been having for the past 2 years or so. I've been thinking about writing them down which is why I posted my last one in that thread. I think I will start a "Dream Journal." Usually when I wake up I can remember almost every detail of my dream(s).

I also have noticed that I still feel those sensations that I had in my dream in real life, even after a few days. Like my latest one where me and that girl kissed, I can still feel it on my lips. I still do feel loved.

SophiaGrace said:
Knight I think we all have reoccuring themes in our dreams. They let us know what is important to us, what has affected us and what we focus on most.

That's the meaning I get out of my dreams anyway...

That is also what I understand from my dreams. I know that I am still trying to run away from my past, and I do have the strong urge to find that "special" person to be with for the rest of my life. Those two things are definitely two big things I am dealing with in my life currently.

Thank you for posting aswell :)

Writing down your dreams is a good idea. I started doing that over a year ago, since so many of my dreams are really bizarre and strange. But I have many realistic ones as well.

And most of us probably do have reoccurring dreams. A large number of my dreams for a couple years now have involved people I used to know (typically people from high school), but it settings and situations that never actually happened. The dreams are happy ones, though.

There are certainly meanings that can be found from our dreams, but in some cases I think there might not be anything to be found. But in reoccurring dreams, there probably is.

st642 said:
Writing down your dreams is a good idea. I started doing that over a year ago, since so many of my dreams are really bizarre and strange. But I have many realistic ones as well.

And most of us probably do have reoccurring dreams. A large number of my dreams for a couple years now have involved people I used to know (typically people from high school), but it settings and situations that never actually happened. The dreams are happy ones, though.

There are certainly meanings that can be found from our dreams, but in some cases I think there might not be anything to be found. But in reoccurring dreams, there probably is.

I'm glad that you do the same thing as us. I'm glad you have happy dreams aswell. I agree that reoccurring dreams have a meaning and it reflects on us what we want and what's going on in our life. I think that some stand a lone dreams also have meanings.

Latest posts

Back