Jobs, employment, general guff, any 'happy' jobs? =/

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmy

Reaction score
So, i wanna know how/where to find out which job suits me/i'd enjoy? Now, i done aptitude tests & personality tests and both contradict each other to a pretty comical degree, so given up on their guesstimates, have not got a batshit idea!
Anyway, am trying find a job i enjoy after i quit mine & i don't have a partner or any friends, so can't discuss this smeggy nonsense with anybody so resorted to these ineffective tests, anyway, wanna talk to a actual person with actual responses based on opinion as opposed to spoonfed pre-determined web outcomes spouted out at every taker. Not commiting next 45 years my life to something i 'tolerate'.. wanna bloody enjoy things, life is way too burdening to have a crap career/job.

Background on me to generate your opinion from:
(ah also, you should note, college is abso-sodded-lutely out the question and did 1 year of my A levels so can't & wouldn't anyway, go back and finish it up, plus am 20 now)
I'm 20, average-good GCSE's, average-poor AS Levels, formerly employed in administration roles and am certain office work can go molest a cheesegrater, will not be in my future.

Personality wise, negatives first:

In person, i am a very VERY emotionally unpredictable person, i am bipolar so naturally i sway emotics hourly and really swirls my moods, can go from extreme attention seeking to extreme shyness very quickly which makes it hard to plan. I am able to see the changes coming now though so they don't creep up on me, 10 minute sit down and can squeeze it just long enough to get home before the depression swoops in.
Can curb it, to a point. Other personality negatives are that am erratic with behaviour, can be very polite and fluffy and nice but if something negative touches my mood i become a depressive pile of poo and the anger will fray and the tears will roll.
Basically i get confused/angry/upset/happy and any other mood very easily and very quickly and just as easily interchange between them. A lil bag of emotics (^_^)

Positives:

Am a nice stranger, give to charaties and say hi to peeps and start convo's and am generally sorta that 'nice but dim' type a person, got the logic skills of a brick but am nice :)
I can also be very confident when am happy, flip side is can be very anxious/depressed & unconfident when am sad. Total extreme too, literally a total flip, no halfway with me, heart isn't on the sleeve it's all the way up both arms and tying knots at the back.. garbage analogy but heh, emotional pup, so flips heavy for sure. But that wouldn't be a positive now would it :p

Interests:
I like writing, i like the outdoors i really like it outside in any weather is just i dunno i feel i can breathe if makes sense its more liberating and empowering.
I like nature, love nature :)
I like stuff like animals, dancing, singing, writing music/poems etc that stuff but am not good at it (doesn't mean can't like it but does mean can't pursue it job wise)

Jobs i'd sodding hate:

So get a idea what not to advise:

Office/Admin roles.. are.. not.. for.. me.. would like to actually not need to drink 4 cups of coffee before 2pm or else i'll fall asleep.. nope, not my cup of tea (see what i did there :p)
Roles with responsibility, i flare with moods so it's too dangerous, under pressure i can be excellent but if am sad i can be hazardous so is too unpredictable and am not a capable enough pair of hands.
Roles related to comission, i need a wage/salary because am not the type that can force an issue or press a sale, maybe when i'm angry but can't really do that all day long lol

Am making this thread on advice of me mum, been see 3 advisors and connexions (omfg biggest waste of time you cannot believe how outrageously garbage that organisation is)
And am making said thread cos tests online can't account for real peeps ^^
Sos for long thread, about 5 paragraphs longer than expected :S

Just lil edit here, is 4 in the morn here so will check replies when i wake up (case you get worried/cross if don't get to give ya feedback for few hours cos am off to sleeps)

Emmy said:
(ah also, you should note, college is abso-sodded-lutely out the question and did 1 year of my A levels so can't & wouldn't anyway, go back and finish it up, plus am 20 now)

Not sure what that other stuff means (I'm in the US), but dont pigeonhole yourself based on age...I'm 22, almost 23, and I'm just now about to start on the core courses of my 2 year degree. Some of my classmates are ten years older than myself or older and just now attending college. It's never, ever too late.

If you like the outdoors, you might try to get on to a forestry crew thinning brush. That was great work as far as manual labor goes and paid well.

Have you considered being a custodian? I do that part time somewhat. You don't have to bother with people since a lot of it is done at night, and you can jam out to tunes if you get an mp3 player.

[/quote]
Not sure what that other stuff means (I'm in the US), but dont pigeonhole yourself based on age...I'm 22, almost 23, and I'm just now about to start on the core courses of my 2 year degree. Some of my classmates are ten years older than myself or older and just now attending college. It's never, ever too late.

Nah it's not so much a age thing, was saying was 20 cos have to be 16-18 for A levels so was just explaining why couldn't finish the course. College is a no-no regardless of age, don't get on too well with peeps my age, get bullied alot, so i steer clear a that kinda guff, college not for me heh :D

Have you considered being a custodian? I do that part time somewhat. You don't have to bother with people since a lot of it is done at night, and you can jam out to tunes if you get an mp3 player.
[/quote]

Heh, not sure what one is lol? Custodian, makes me think of custard :D
Aside that, have no clue what one is lol. Music part of it sounds good though :)

My 22 y.o friend travels around the world by working in the ship. I think he's a mechanic. He said his job sucked and the money's not so much, but now he enjoys it cos he's traveled a lot and now has able to buy a car. I love the sea and working with machines rather than human beings, so i think i could enjoy that job if i were in his position (..rather than being a lawyer stuck in luxurious office with A LOT of people and negativity..) :)

Yeah that sounds pretty cool :)

Sea air and lotsa travelling ^^
I'm no good with machines though :D

But travelling is totally my thing, love travelling, just difficult find a job that accomodates for it. But that ship idea would work well, i could research jobs on cruise liners and merchant ships etc.. that be pretty nifty :)

Good idea that ^_^

I have to take this job working at a kitchen in my local town because government are gonna throw me off my claim if i turn it down.. so i will just take the job and then leave, really backward system i know.

Want one that i like! :D
Dont care if pay is 2p a hour and have to work 100 hours a week, just wanna enjoy the bloody thing if have to be doing it 50 years :D

Will look into travelling & shipping, sounds promising, thankya :)

Latest posts

Back