Looking for someone to talk to

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAGirl

Reaction score
I am married and my husband is really great... except he wont talk to me. We haven't had a conversation in years that is any deeper than I would have with someone in line at the grocery store. When each of my grandparents died over the course of the past year... he never even acknowledged that they passed away. It was the same thing each time. I told him they passed away, he says (sympathetically) "That sucks" and that's pretty much it. Each time I head out to the funeral alone while he sits on the computer. He treats me well and helps around the house, but is never there for me. We haven't been intimate in months and we haven't even had a kiss in months either. He is nice to me and does stuff for me, but it's like he's a roommate. We have 3 little boys and I feel like it's just me and the kids. I don't think he's cheating or anything because we both work from home, so I know pretty much where he is all the time.

I have a few friends, but they're not people I would tell personal stuff to.

I joined a group for moms with young kids at my church. There are a lot of nice moms there... but I am just so shy that I can't seem to click with any of these outspoken ladies. I'm lost in the shuffle and desperate to find a friend.

I don't even have a sister... I feel like I don't have anyone who I can just talk to. I don't have a shoulder to lean on. I have no one to tell me it's 'ok' or that I can cry in front of.

I sit alone with my thoughts all the time. I've talked til I was blue in the face to my husband. Trying to tell him that I NEED him to be here emotionally and he just glazes over.

I don't know if this forum is the right place, but I'm lonely.

Thanks for listening.

Sorry to hear that PAGirl.

We could all use someone to talk to. I spent today all by myself as usual. Wishing I had company to really express how I feel deep inside. But as usual, it's just me and my lonely.

Welcome to the board.

Welcome. Yes this is the right place.

PAGirl said:
I am married and my husband is really great... except he wont talk to me. We haven't had a conversation in years that is any deeper than I would have with someone in line at the grocery store. When each of my grandparents died over the course of the past year... he never even acknowledged that they passed away. It was the same thing each time. I told him they passed away, he says (sympathetically) "That sucks" and that's pretty much it. Each time I head out to the funeral alone while he sits on the computer. He treats me well and helps around the house, but is never there for me. We haven't been intimate in months and we haven't even had a kiss in months either. He is nice to me and does stuff for me, but it's like he's a roommate. We have 3 little boys and I feel like it's just me and the kids. I don't think he's cheating or anything because we both work from home, so I know pretty much where he is all the time.

I have a few friends, but they're not people I would tell personal stuff to.

I joined a group for moms with young kids at my church. There are a lot of nice moms there... but I am just so shy that I can't seem to click with any of these outspoken ladies. I'm lost in the shuffle and desperate to find a friend.

I don't even have a sister... I feel like I don't have anyone who I can just talk to. I don't have a shoulder to lean on. I have no one to tell me it's 'ok' or that I can cry in front of.

I sit alone with my thoughts all the time. I've talked til I was blue in the face to my husband. Trying to tell him that I NEED him to be here emotionally and he just glazes over.

I don't know if this forum is the right place, but I'm lonely.

Thanks for listening.

hi pagirl,

there are times that we wish the only thing we ever need is someone who would listen and understand, and perhaps respond. looks like you are gonna get some good support here pagirl.
wecome!

PAGirl- I know exactly how you feel... I have a wonderful provider of food and shelter for a husband but as for the rest of it... absent. He isn't social so the longer we have been married the smaller and smalle our circle of friends has gotten. Then we moved and I haven't been ale to make any friends. Isn'tr it odd how you can be surrounded by your children all day long - but feel lonelier then ever.

Keep in touch!

Hi PAGirl. That sounds really lonesome, you have to do more to fix that problem. Especially since you're married to him, he's not just a boyfriend you can toss aside. Not saying that you can't do that to your husband, but it's more difficult to do, since marriage is a higher level of commitment, and you have kids with him.

I'm wondering, was he always like this? Do you have any idea as to why he's not really there emotionally? There's always a reason behind everything... o.o;;

Caroline said:
There's always a reason behind everything...

Lol no there isn't. And following that philosophy just ends up making you search for reasons that aren't there. :p

Latest posts

Back