Re-introduction

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChessGuy42

Reaction score
Hi all,

I stumbled on this site about a year ago, hung around for a little while, and then got swept away by the real world so I thought that I probably should redo my intro.

Basically, I'm a college lecturer in new york state. I love my job and I've honestly accomplished most of my professional goals despite the fact that I'm about to turn 27 pretty shortly.

Unfortunately, I wish I could say that I had the same kind of success in my personal life. During the past year, I've made a lot of changes. I've rid myself of a number of people with whom I had unhealthy relationships(not romantic). Unfortunately, this is left me lonely and more isolated than ever. The one close friend I have in my immediate area is a woman that I've got feelings for which I know aren't reciprocated. Now, I'm not chasing after her like some love struck fool - I've gone on dates and such with other people, but I can't seem to find anyone that interests me and I can't seem to get rid of my interest in her to get rid of that awkward aspect of the friendship.

C'est la vie, I suppose.

Hi, ChessGuy. I recall your earlier days here on the forum. Welcome back. :)

Latest posts

Back