When will this end! Hi I need a lifeline...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starrynight25

Reaction score
Out of sheer boredom of living inside my own bubble, I decided to join the forums. So...hello I'm 25 and single. Never had a serious relationship and sometimes I swear I repel men or something *sniffs*:(. I've been working the same job for almost seven years yet I can't make solid friendships with fellow employees. It's either they are too self absorbed to tell I have a personality too or they just find me plain odd. I'm still working on a college degree since 2007 and find it so lonely being in classes. I always feel like the outcast in any kind of school and the youngest.

I can pretty much count all the members of my family on my fingers and toes. The only ones that care about me are my parents (only child). Even though I'm a happy go lucky person most of the time, I tend to dissolve in the background. It feels like the world is changing so fast around me and I'm on pause. I don't drink, smoke, nor do I party. This puts me at odds when trying to communicate with the lot around my age. The older I get the more worried I become because I can't socialize.

I could live an isolated life but then realize I'll start mumbling to myself. I need some friends...god I'm lonely. Hmm, maybe even a love interest :D.

hey and welcome. i know how you feel being the outcast and all. i dont smoke or party either, very rarely do i drink. i am not a very social person either but i dont mind not having a lot of friends. im more lonely in the companion department.

Hello Starry! Welcome! I'm new to this site, too. Actually, this is the first post I've put on here. I am in a somewhat similar situation myself. Hopefully we'll both make some friends.

edgecrusher: thanks for the welcome. I could use a little companionship as well, **** it!

Bluebird: Thank you too for the welcome. Yes, hope we make some friendships :D.

Ah an only child. I feel ya. I'm also with you on the loneliness in class. Had my first attempt at uni around 2007 and still doing it, passing and failing along the way. Sometimes I wonder if/when I'll get that darn paper. Anyway, welcome.

Welcome :)

I already do mumble to myself.

Badjedidude said:
There's nothing wrong with being odd, StarryNight. Welcome to the site. :)

yea there is nothing wrong with being odd. i tend to like "weird" and quirky people better than "normal" people. that just sounds kind of weird i think but... oh well, i do.

Starry- I loved your introduction... although I am 12 years your senior so many of the feelings are the same that I feel. Although at your age I did drink a lot trying to fight the shy... now at 37 I am a stay at home mom and have really set myself up in a lonely place. I am just trying to take what I get dealt and thought having some online friends might work better for me!

Latest posts

Back