Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wootlebug

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been told not to talk to people online because they weren't "real people". Real People?

Real people are those who listen as well as talk. People don't talk at work, they just pass you by and call you snooty. they don't talk to you in the street because they think you might delay their important business. They just walk past in their tee shirts and their come-on short skirts, their promise of a smile and a touch on the cheek rising then falling like the sound of a train passing through a station.

They don't talk to you in a room because they preen to impress, standing you up like a lightning rod for their egos. Then turn away when you don't stand and applaud with brave "hurrahs" to find someone more interesting. And always, always dancing out of reach if you try to reach out to touch them. Their lips curling upwards in a snarl.

But, when there is no one to speak to, when your mind isn't clouded by light and sound, you can drift along the currents. You start to think things that you would never admit to anyone. Having someone to talk to means such things never surface. Because if they did you might speak them aloud and then where would you be?

But online you can share your thoughts whatever they are. Even if no-one reads them on a bulletin board or blog, they will remain there as proof you existed. And because it is anonymous you can whisper your thoughts and then slip back into the shadows leaving just a sound forever on a wisp of a breeze.

Welcome Wootlebug :)

Boy i sure hope the people here are real. If not then i have wasted to much time on some program.

hey and welcome. let me assure you that the people here are real. if not... "what minus said."

Welcome Wootlebug. If I'm not real, I sure have plenty of imaginary fat :p

Latest posts

Back