A Journal of Sorts

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y

yesm

Seeing that I don't frequent ALL as much, but do enjoy returning now and then. I thought I would post "A Journal of Sorts".

That is to say in the dairy thread, you can't post replies, and this may have been done before, but it's my journal, and don't mind sharing it with others who want to comment and or journal here themselves so others can respond or journal back.

anyway....

6/23/2010-Yesm

Today has been interesting. Yesterday I had a little bit of revelation as I tend to from now and again. I made a point of being "Prepared" for the next day, rather then prolonging it and waiting to see what happens. I made a to do list and still plan on finishing it, 1 thing on it is already finished. Have a qoute for the day.

Today was interesting because I had the courage to quit my job. Recently, about a week ago, I decide to tape up to the wall a "qoute of the week corner". I thought it would be nice for us all to have a small forum to share expierence with eachother through. Something to improve company moral (A Subway sammich shop). I had noticed for some time everyone tends to be really harsh with one another when stressed out.

Nobody was using their positive stress to improve relations with their fellow co-workers and since i rarely put my good ideas to use, I thought I would try this one out. Well, I think it went allright, cept for one person who made a deragatory statement towards some one else, which was removed from the qoute of the week list.

Anyway I come in to work today to work with J, M, and C. M started out being nice to me when I started working, then became a meanie head, then began to build a raport with me and somewhat of a mutual respect, but still a very stressed out woman. J has consistantly been down right MEAN to me for no ******* reason repeatedly over and over, I've confronted her about it before and she said it was becuase of M, but I'm tired of being verbally insulted and or downright verbally abused, I had had enough. C I have always liked, and in someway, she gave me the strength to walk out.

About a half hour or so later after J telling me my qoute of the week was stupid becuase she had to do all the work around here. Half hour after that and holding back tears and mental duress clouding my ability to work well. I got the courage to write on a little peice of paper...

"Be kind to everyone you meet, for everyone is fighting a hard battle"

I left that on the prep table and proceeded to walk out and came home. I wanted to stick it through, part of me felt like, don't let it get to you. Then the other part of me thought...

"Step on me once, watch where you are going. Step on me twice, I should have moved.

I'm tired of getting stepped on so I'm moving out of everyone's way, I've only myself to blame if I keep allowing everyone to treat me subhuman. If I'm really that bad of a worker then I won't be missed. I've worked at subway for 4 years of my life. For the most part it has provided me with a reliable mediocre income for years, but perhaps It's time to take on new expierence and push myself a little harder while things are good.

I want to work on now, preparing for being in a position to be prepared much more often then I'm used to being. We arn't getting any older and you can either wait for life to come to you while you die slowly every day or you can seek life actively and keep death buisy as to when and how it will come to you.

I'd rather be comfortable dying at any moment being able to say, today I dared to live! Then to die screaming in pain inside my mind, wait I'm not ready!

So my plan right now is to spend the next 2 weeks getting prepared for doing some real job hunting. A job that I can get new life expierence from and prosper financially as well as improve the inner self and become a stronger person.

Stay well everyone, and keep smilin'.

Thnx, Sophster, means alot.

It can be VERY difficult to make the decisions in life that in the end... hurt you the most, but sometimes you have to re-break a bone for it to heal properly and I just wuldn't be helping myself at all if I continued to let people think I can be treated like an animal and abused on a daily basis...

I mean they all still get to keep their job, and now everyone there doesn't talk to me anymore, even the friends I had there kind of ignore me now, but oh well...

I'm thinking about working a night shift somewhere maybe... seems like not having to deal with customers might make for more laid back and less abusive employees and coworkers...

yesm said:
I'm thinking about working a night shift somewhere maybe... seems like not having to deal with customers might make for more laid back and less abusive employees and coworkers...

This is why I always did night shifts. Problem is it can really screw up your sleeping habits. One year after my last night shift and I still can't sleep at night.

eek? don't scare me like that, heh. Although It's rare that I'm not up till at least 2am anyway... so maybe it would turn me into a day person by the time i was finished working the night shift heh...

Latest posts

Back