Things are looking up some...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
Well I might not have my fire job anymore, but heck if I'm not collecting a ton of part-time work to see me through college. And it's not bad work, either.

I'm interviewing with the county ambulance again soon and it sounds like they're going to take me from what I'm hearing. That'll be great to get back in to my field instead of just pushing a mop all day (which isn't bad, but it does get a little old sometimes). I've sworn in the past I'd never go to work for them, but they recently got rid of basically all the sociopathic trash they had there and they're actually cleaning up their organization, so I'm gonna give it a shot.

That aside, a buddy of mine who works for a company that produces energy market analysis software is proposing a part-time position to be added to his team and wants to try and get me in to it. That'd give me some hours too, but it depends on how flexible the work is, which we're looking at.

And in the fall I start the fire science program at SCC, and it sounds like the instructor is going to give me credit for my existing certifications.

Life ain't so bad.

Awesome to hear!
I'm glad for you Brian. You deserve any good that comes your way. :)

I'm going for my AAS in Fire Science Technology.

Basically a 2 year degree for playing with my toys all day. :p

After that I'll be trying for the Paramedic program.

Not sure if I'll ever get a 4 year...it's really not pertinent to most of the things I want to do, at least not at this point.

Brian said:
Basically a 2 year degree for playing with my toys all day. :p

Will you get to practice in front of the class?

You know me, I can't resist making such a comment but I do wish you well and hope you get to practice as much mouth to mouth as possible.

Latest posts

Back