Hi...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightOwlNYC

Reaction score
Ok, so let's see..obviously I'm new here:shy:. And I guess I'm lonely. I'm 30 years old and have wasted my life on a woman who did nothing but lie,cheat and do drugs most of the time. I did not know it was going on most of the time. She claims to love me, need me, bla bla bla. I do not respect her and am no longer in love with her. I thought we were close, I didn't keep in very good touch with my friends for such a long time. As a result I have noone close to me. Noone I can really talk to or just chillout and shoot the honeysuckle about nothing. I have no real close friends. As far as I'm concerned this marriage is done. I have close to no social life because I work weekend nights. I have a good job but it doesn't seem as important anymore. I just wish I had a real good friend. I know I sound a little desperate and maybe even creepy. But I'm not sure how else to just put it out there. This sucks. I work, work on my house, do the food shopping, do the cooking...pretty much everything. We have a little girl together and I feel so bad for her because of her parents failed relationship. If anything she is my best friend. But I am her father and I need an adult best friend obviously. That sounded a little weird too. Anyway she is getting older and wants to spend less time with me and more with her friends which makes me sad and more lonely. Sorry for the long post. I do have friends and play sports but I don't have That one or 2 people who would call me just to say what's up or just stop by and chill. I just get so lonely sometimes.

Hi NightOwlNYC and welcome here.

You don't come across as creepy.
Just a normal guy that's peed about he's marriage not working I guss is all you come across as. That's normal I would say.

You should not feel bad for you darter cos your marriage is over.
My mum and dad fight like crazy when I was growing up. I think my childhood might had been better if they had called it a day.
I can remember plenty of times I did not even wont to step foot out of my bedroom cos I could hear raised voices and even sometimes I heard my name. That was worse when that happend cos then I would think it was me that they was fight over cos of something I had done maybe. If course now I know it was not my fault that they fight like that. But as a kid you don't know this. Maybe you and your wife calling it a day did your darter a fever.

Hey

Don't feel so bad about the end of the relationship as it is probably for the best. My situation with the friends thing was much like yours. I spent 20 years with my ex and neglected making and or keeping friends. I found my expectations of people were so high I never found any common ground. Here I am on a "lonely" chat site like you just looking for some kind of connections. Hang in there as I am trying to do. Try volunteering to get yourself out there. I am heading out in a few hours to clean up a park and hopefully meet some new people.

Good Luck

Welcome. It's not so weird that your child is your best friend. My kid is mine, too. It's also not weird to want friends your own age.

Hi NightOwlNYC :)

nerdygirl said:
It's not so weird that your child is your best friend. My kid is mine, too.

One of my nephews and one niece were like my best friends. They would follow me everywhere, and they would pretend to like heavy metal music and always talk about getting tattoos when they grow up :p

hey and welcome. i agree taht its not weird that your daughter is your best friend. its good that you are close enough to her to be able to say that.

I think that happens a lot in relationships - the couple is so focused on each other, that the let friends just sort of drift away, and then end up regretting it. It's pretty common I suppose...
Anway, I'm sorry you're having to start over (seems to be happening a lot these days).
Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Nothing in your post sounded weird. My ex and I had mostly "couple friends" when we were married, and for some reason, he got custody of the friends who live near us. I got custody of the distance-friends, so really I have no friends in my zip code.

We have two daughters and they are really my whole life now. Don't get me wrong, I am a parent first, friend second, but they are the people who I see on a daily basis and hang out with. As much as I love being with them, there are many times when I am starved for grown-up companionship.

Latest posts

Back