Been trying my hardest to find work for awhile

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remedy

Reaction score
I have been trying my hardest to find work for about 6-7 months and nothing is happening, Nothing at ALL. I have made so many contacts and absolutely no one has been calling except for one person. I want a job SO bad but I feel like it is hopeless but I'm going to continue to try my hardest. It's probably the fact that I don't have my GED yet but I'm taking the next month to get it, I just need to get setup first. I should have finished high school but I allowed depression to consume me for my teenage years. Due to family problems and problems with friends. My life felt so perfect until I hit my teenage years that everything I was oblivious to, finally hit me. It was to much to handle that I couldn't take it, and became depressed.I finally got out of that slump in my 20's and became better everyday.

I feel the best I have ever felt now and I'm trying to get everything going. I know that judging someone based off what degrees they have is an easy thing to do and that almost everyone without one, fails with their work ethic. I am not one of those people though and I have never let my school ethic influence my work ethic. I do NOT get why they judge everything off a piece of paper for jobs that are entry level. The lowest end of jobs that do not require any schooling for but just common sense. I'm working my hardest toward fixing everything but I need a job first to get things rolling, it's just so incredibly frustrating. GED's are so incredibly easy to get, any tweaker can get it. I know I should have got it earlier but I allowed depression to effect me too much. It's just a bunch of basics for every subject. I should have just stuck with high school... It was easy if I actually tried but I didn't. I guess the past is the past and I can't change that.

I live in a town full of white trash and tweakers. This town is full of so many meth heads it sounds like a joke but it really has a LOT. I believe my county is in the top 5 for worst counties in the United States for meth. Employers would rather hire some tattoed, pierced, druggie just because they have a GED. I don't understand this town at all, it's just so frustrating :(. For all these jobs they always like you to have previous experience and they are all entry level jobs as well... How the hell can I get an entry level job, if all of them require experience? This world works in such odd ways.

I had an interview with some guy at one store and he started smoking half way through the interview right in front of my face. My sister told me that they usually hire teenagers because it is easier to lay them off. People are just so ridiculous, I don't get how their minds work. I go out wearing nice clothes and all clean everyday. I even dress up kind of casual but nice when looking for work.

Here is probably the biggest problem with why I'm having such trouble looking for work. I live in Oregon, which is one of the worst states for unemployment in the U.S. Not only that but I live in a county that is one of the worst in Oregon lol. The unemployment in this county is about 15%. Probably even worse due to the fact that it doesn't count the people who have given up looking.

Before I say this, I don't know much about politics lol :D but i can complain about numbers right? I thought with all this praise behind super Obama and the new goverment all this debt and unemployment was suppose to go down. Judging from the eunemployment numbers I looked up. It was going up as bush started leaving office but then shot up from like 10-11% in my county to like 16% for awhile there when Obama started running everything. Now it is hovering around 15% during his term. I know that running a country is extremely hard but I guess I'm just tired of all the praise and hype that came at the start of Obama's term. If I remember correctly though, hes became really unpopular o_o. I'm just tired of hearing from friends that Bush ruined everything and that Super Obama is fixing the mess when it feels like hardly anything is being fixed. I know Bush did mess up things himself but everyone said Obama was going to make everything so much better.

Sorry for the long rant. I know I shouldn't blame it on everything but a lot of the stuff is true or partly true. I'm just feeling so frustrated and feel the need to express it, even though I probably sound idiotic. I don't care though lol. I just want to get everything going and get myself ready to do what i want to do as soon as I can :). Any ideas or tips on what I can do to make everything work out or help me cope D:? Sorry for my stupidity in this post, I'm just frustrated o_o.

Well I know how that is, I just posted a thread the other day about unemployment in this same section. I can't seem to find a job around here, no matter how many places I've applied. I've been so desperate that I've applied at all types of restaurants and retail stores. I just don't know what's wrong. I've been out of a job for like five or six months now and the last job I had was only seasonal. So obviously they were only hiring me because they were desperate for extra help/an extra body during the Christmas season and once they were done using me and the others they would drop us off where they picked us up.

I'm just so bitter about this whole thing, it's really making me depressed. I struggled through high school as well because of depression and made it through by the skin of my teeth. I'm in college now and not having money and having my mother pay for everything is really...I don't know, humiliating?

I'm sorry to be such a downer but I'm frustrated; I have no advice to offer because I feel just as dejected and frustrated as you. Good luck to you though.

Don't feel bad at all for not having any advice, input is always very appreciated. My bad, I am not as thorough with these forums like I have been in the past because I feel so content and happy with everything else except for my current job/school situation. I should have noticed that you posted the same exact thing. I am sorry that you have had such difficulty with everything like I have had. I know that it must be hard to run a country but what happened to this new super government coming and fixing things? It seems like the unemployment has gotten worse and has just stayed the same after.

I have wanted a job for so long but i have met the greatest joy of my life and need one even more now. I guess I shouldn't complain because I feel so content and happy with everything. But it is just that not having a job is restricting me from meeting the special someone i have met, in person. A job and schooling is such an important part of life which makes not having a job so frustrating. I need to get things rolling to do what i want to do but you can't get things started without a job. I really hope the job market gets better so that all of us can find a job.

Don't feel bad for posting another thread lol, at least we have some kind of support here where we can feel like we're not alone...thanks though for your response to my thread; it is very frustrating!

Welcome to the club. :p

Economy is bad, didn'cha hear? ^_^ Everyone's having a hard time finding jobs. Ironically enough, even highly educated people are having trouble, because quite frequently they are seen as being "over-qualified" for any of the lower-tier careers that are currently available.

In short, it's tough titty. But I think if you persevere, you may find a chink in the wall and be able to worm your way into a job. :) Just stay positive and keep keep keep keep trying!

Do whatever it takes to get your GED. I speak from experience (I had the same problem) when I say you won't be looked at until you have it. Once you do, you'll top any drug addict you're up against.

Oregon has a lot of wildland fire crews...have you considered trying that for a while?

How about 'lousy jobs' like working in call center, insurance company, being a store clerk, etc. Those jobs suck but at least they pay. Or sell stuff on Ebay ?

Omg im so happy :D!!!!!!!!!!! I have a job I believe :), and I'm going in to fill out paperwork like my w4. I go in tomorrow at 8 in the morning :D!!!!!! It sounds like I might be getting some decent hours as well, when I start to get established in the job ^_^. All this time of waiting patiently and going out multiple days every week has paid off :). I'm so happy ^-^!!!!

Latest posts

Back